Thompson Hotels Reviews in Los Angeles, CA
Pros – I no longer work there!!
Cons – - Management is too lenient on certain associates than others.
( the fact that my dept played favorites, broke rules to promote an employee that wasn't even at their 6 months to transfer depts.
- Not many considerate coworkers.
- No organized training for new employees.
- Pay is well below other Hotels in the area. Especially for a hotel that charges so much on rooms, events and catering, f&b, and their nightclubs, etc.
- putting the lunchroom food on our paycheck to get a tax write off, and serving sub par food, that made me sick more than once, is just gross and wrong
- working 7+ days in a row, when the salaried manager only works 5, with the best shifts, seems a bit unfair and not very TEAM like
Advice to Senior Management – Management & HR need more comprehensive training. Stop playing favorites!!!
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
1 person found this helpful
Pros – I KNOW LONGER WORK THERE.
Cons – My mother passed away from brain cancer and while I was attending her memorial they sent me a registered letter stating that my leave was NOT granted & I am subject to termination upon my return Also, my direct supervisor was sleeping with one of my staff & it created challenges. HR turned a blind eye when I presented them with this fact. They also ignored the fact when I reported/witnessed theft by another employee. They also demanded to see my text message messages. I refused..they quietly but pushed me out the door upon my return from my mother's memorial. OBVIOUSLY they are selective about what rules to enforce in the handbook. I'm sure they have an in interesting corporate Orwellian "double speak spin " on this... SHAME on you Thompson Hotels!
Advice to Senior Management – management & HR need more comprehensive training.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
Pros – Working at HRH is like working in a big family. It's really really fun and everyone is very friendly and social.
Cons – I kept getting semi-offered the position of concierge (which is a coveted position at HRH) but they never gave me the job.
Advice to Senior Management – Keep on doin what you're doin!
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company