Thomson Reuters

Thomson Reuters Reviews in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Thomson Reuters President & CEO James C. Smith

James C. Smith

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

If you want a relaxed and enjoyable place to collect a paycheck, this is it.

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsIt has a great culture and environment. The office (in Denver) is very laid back. Micromedex is a tech company at heart so much of the traditional positive traditional tech attributes exist here - casual dress, low stress, employee perks. I worked in the finance group and came from a financial services background. This was almost culture shock for me.

ConsAs part of a large corporation (its even larger know with the merger of Thomson and Reuters), there are the typical beuracracies and negatives that come with a company of this size. One of the good things though is that Micromedex is a smaller, almost stand alone, part of the parent. So this is less of a negative. The finance group was small, so was little opportunity to advance your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior mgmt at Micromedex is competent and fairly attuned to their employees. The problem is that they have to listen to what is handed down from on high, at Thomson corporate. That creates a disconnect. So I could go and talk to the CFO of Micromedex at any time and voice my opinion. But it would never get to the CFO of Thomson.

I would characterize the company as on a steady decline.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsThe healthcare industry is on the rise. This is a good way to get into the field and use the company as a launching point.

ConsThe culture of the company is very poor. Sadly the emphasis has shifted from caring about our customers to one of protecting the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementI suggest an internal audit on management. A thorough investigation is necessary to fix serious systemic problems.

Was good at one time

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsGreat benefits (401k, healthcare, etc), One of the tops for salary compensation, Employees are very friendly and helpful, Great team environment

ConsLow morale at Denver location, no advancement opportunities, company has stagnated on moving forward with the healthcare industry, corporate wants to get rid of healthcare division

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to move forward with change and not sit stagnant in the past. Just because the industry isn't moving forward doesn't mean you can't help it move forward by helping provide the hardware necessary.

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters reviews and ratings in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Thomson Reuters CEO James C. Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees.