Thomson

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Thomson Directeur Général Frederic Rose

Frederic Rose

Great experience during the IPO period for Thomson

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn late 90 and early 2000, under leadership of Thierry Breton, Frank D, Joe Clayton, Jim Meyer, Dave Spomer, Enrique Rodriquez, Tim Saeger, it was a terrific place to make a new business difference. Our french CEO was a true global leader who lead in the transformation of a high performance organization leading to our success IPO. Thanks to IPO and our continued performance, I was able to put three kids through college. Great years and friendships.

ConsWith change of top leadership, the culture dramatically changed from a growth oriented global organization to a french centric vision and cost cutting organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from positive leadership and watch your employees grow your results.

great company

Legal Counsel (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosadvanced technology, company driven by its customers and focus in the futre market

Consgreat moment to work in a hurry environmental with high demand with all countries and cstomers around the word

Advice to Senior Managementcut costs

In one sentence I can't describe my experience in Raliegh.

Teller (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWhat are the best reasons to work here? I think this decides itself.

ConsThere aren't major challenges. Just minor players in this world.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's learn more about the best things in life and then go from there in the world.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worked for a division of Thomson in IT support which provided a very average experience overall.

IT Support Analyst (Former Employee) North Indianapolis, IN

ProsMany opportunities for engaging work combined with coworkers who were knowledgeable and shared passion for their work.

ConsCompared to other internal IT organizations there is little if any investment in training and the emphasis was making do with less.

Great company to work

Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat people, great products, good culture

Consnot stable business, change was too frequent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake right decision

Like working for Thomson

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas enthusiastic with fellow employees

ConsDidn't care for the reason we were laid off

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Good company, sometimes horrible management

Product Manager (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat people, excellent engineers who knows what they're doing. The company has a wide IP portfolio, and has a solid business tie-in with many leading media service providers.

ConsThe French don't seem interested in taking a leadership position in any of the products, a lot of leadership issues, revolving executives. HR typically only pays lip service to employee development, check-the-box type reviews. Line managers who really care can be hamstrung by their immediate supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've got world class employees, all they need is leadership & a vision, just make sure the executive staff can come up with executable strategies.

Very good company

User Experience (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe finance industry has always been an area in need for a design revolution, Thomson provided me the vast green field to perform as thinker.

ConsThe retention of good designers was a challenge, as the industry is defficient of experienced talents. Also the lack of internal training contributed to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo invest on each designer, with certifications about the industry, career plan, a creative environment where the group has th bandwidth to innovate.

started off as a great place to work, but moral has dropped significantly

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsPay is okay, and the midwest is a good place to raise a family. Programs are fast paced and usually challenging.

ConsMoral is terrible, mostly due to the years of down sizing and constant budget pressures. Recent changes in benefits (specifically 401K, pension, and health coverage in retirement) show the companies lack of care and dedication to empoyees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt feels like you have stopped investing in the Indy site and are trying to suck the last bits out of the remaining employees. You really need to address the moral issues.

Interesting job but below average compensation.

Engineer (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsTeam work and friendliness. There are challenges and opportunities. Interesting work on leading edge technologies. Multinational company. Mobility and travel opportunities.

ConsSalaries are below average. There are no compensation packages. Difficult to promote. The company has gone through a deep finantial crisis.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease compensation (salary, bonuses, stocks, etc.) and opportunities to promote. Titles and career ladder should be more clear.

Worked for Thomson? Contribute to the Community!