Thoughtful Media Group

I found my career path

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Thoughtful Media Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

friendly staff
    diverse atmosphere
    lots of learning
    good location
    learning is a priority
    growth opportunitues
    fast growth

Cons

a lot of repetition
    need more communication of task objectives

I love working here. Some staff are lazy and want to just play their phone when bosses are not around. Some people expect to be promoted without showing talent. I advise closer supervision and let slackers go sooner because many people really care this place. Our company is growing so quickly, I hope I can graduate to managing roles.

From intern to intern administrator

I worked at Thoughtful Media Group

Pros

Coffee, Snacks, casual dress, lunch and 10 minute breaks, nice location, semi-friendly staff.

Cons

Undermining/condescending staff, un-attentive management, fraternizing co-workers, parking, data entry, favoritism, department inconsistency, inability to grow unless numeric opportunities are presented to ceo, lazy staff. It is illegal to hire interns after graduating from college. Intern is a term tmg uses to pay minimum wage.

Get an HR department, reevaluate salary employed staff, develop better program for "interns", develop structure in departments, stick to one program, develop interventions for staff that speak inappropristely or unfairly towards others.

A great job for me.

I have been working at Thoughtful Media Group

Pros

I never get bored at this job. I have had several jobs out of college. But this is the first one where I see my career path, even if it takes me a while to get promoted here. You have to be willing to try hard here to get ahead. But it seems that every good idea gets taken seriously and that everyone is asked to give theirs. Even when my ideas are shot down in meetings, I was fetching Starbucks at my last job and printing outlines. People weren't interested in my thoughts until I got here. Maybe I'm imagining it. But at least I feel like I am making progress.

Cons

There's a lot of competition for attention and a lot of pressure to get promoted. So you really have to raise your hand and propose good ideas all the time. They make you think through problems before they let you act on solutions and sometimes that's harder than it looks. This is probably a positive thing. But sometimes it feels like a lot of pressure.

Spend more time in LA. I love the meetings and the chance to share my ideas. I have good ideas, but only the top management ever asks me about them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Happy Happy Happy

Current Employee - Intern  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Thoughtful Media Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fast learning, fast-paced, energy everywhere. Everybody's ideas are invited. Promoted quickly.

Cons

Got kind of crowded fast. But company added better seating to make more room.

Some staff take advantage of the boss's open door policy and ask him to resolve issues.

This is a fun place to work where effort is rewarded quickly

I have been working at Thoughtful Media Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

fun environment
    growing quickly
    exposure to many cultures around the world
    global focus
    working with big advertisers and agencies
    playing in the big leagues

Cons

long hours because of multiple offices
    Sometimes a lot of people on the phones can be noisy
    LA traffic!
    easy to get caught up in the amount of work to do each day.

Be more cautious about promoting people. Some aren't ready for the challenges given.

I loved it at Thoughtful

Current Employee - Recruitment  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Thoughtful Media Group full-time

Pros

REALLY nice people to work with
    Smart work with daily results
    i learned alot very quickly
    i was able to integrate into big campaigns
    i felt important to the success of the mission
    unusually good access to mentorship

Cons

i could only stay a short time. i would prefer to stay on if it was possible. even for less money.

find some way to offer long stay work visas to those of us who learned so much

I had an internship with them. Not a pleasant experience ... it's basically data entry!

Former Employee - Intern  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Thoughtful Media Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They had free snacks and my co-workers were nice and friendly! You could easily waste your time and nobody cared!

Cons

No communication or contact between managements and interns. I always felt we were invisible. I didn't learn anything professionally that added value to my education.

Care!

Very inconsistent and unstable work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Thoughtful Media Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Overall the employees there are great, very responsible, and reliable. The hours are awesome, but no one in the office is sure what they are. (9am?-6pm?) Business casual dress, which is nice, garage parking, and a lot of restaurants nearby.

Cons

The salary isn't ideal, for the workload they give you. If you can actually get promoted then they will try to force you to quit by docking your pay for unspecified expectations, and they'll hire someone else with your same title, pay them less, and slowly take your tasks away from you. This was the case with several people in the office, it became a running joke that if you got promoted, there would be a target on your back. Overall, just not a consistent reliable workload. Your job felt in jeopardy daily, and everyone would joke that any given day the doors could be locked up for good, without any notice.

My advice to upper management is to value the people who are loyal to you, finding competent, responsible people isn't easy, so you should make more of an effort to keep them around. The staff consists mostly of interns on an hourly rate, the longest full time employee has less than a year with the company. This company could be great, but will continue to struggle if they don't value their employees more.

Best growing and learning experience ever!

Current Employee - Producer  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Producer in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Thoughtful Media Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I began as a Coordintaor at TMG and worked my way to be one of the leaders of a major business division.

-Opportunity to get your feet wet in all facets of the business
    -Leading projects within your field of interest
    -Growing as a leader
    -Great relationships with management and all departments
    -Happy hour
    -Pizza Parties

Cons

-At times a little too nice to employees who are not cutting it.

Keep doing what you're doing. Invest in great workers, and let the ones who aren't doing their jobs go.

Limited Growth Opportunities

Former Employee - Social Media Intern  in  Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Social Media Intern in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Thoughtful Media Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility in schedule
    Ability to work with social media

Cons

Continual hiring process for interns even when position is filled
    No accountability by management
    Lack of interaction between management and interns
    Meaningless research that is menial and extremely routine
    Limited abilities to grow given that the number of interns nearly matches the number of management employees
    No worth the pay for level of work done depending on distance you live from company.

Conduct followups with interns to ensure work quality matches.
    Develop a marketing plan that stays consistent with
    Create meaningful marketing strategies that reach a mass of people and not simply a small segment.

Worked for Thoughtful Media Group? Contribute to the Community!