ThousandEyes

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
5.0

Mohit Lad

Challenging, fast-paced, huge potential, awesome place to work!

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Probably the smartest group of people i had the opportunity to work with.
    - Amazing office with all the cool perks you would wish for
    - I believe that senior management really cares about you as a person, not only as a number in a spreadsheet
    - Everyone is easygoing, communicative and helpful

Did I mention the stocked beer fridge? ;)

Cons

If you like your super big corporation ways, most probably this is not for you

Excellent leadership, mix of cultures, mature but fun environment

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many great learning opportunities. Flexible remote work arrangements can be made. Leadership cares deeply for employees' welfare. Benefits are wonderful. The team has very strong technical knowledge, and very smart people. The company likes to celebrate successes together, keeping the everyone close together as the company grows.

Cons

The team is very smart and it to be very self-driven and personal development to be one's own responsibility. I found this challenging at first but once I got the hang of it, it was good.

More transparency in compensation could be interesting. More focus on personal development of engineers, perhaps a stronger feedback from performance review of engineers.

Awesome company to work for

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Always facing programming challenges: performance, scalability and networking problems.
    - Really cool workplace: office views are great, cool perks, pool table, ping pong table, snacks and catered food
    - All the people working here are open and easy going: everyone knows everyone (across different areas).
    - Executive staff is open and communicative.

Cons

- If you are looking for a regular 9-to-5 job, this is not what you want. In release days you need to stay late in case there are urgent bugs to fix.

Amazing Opportunity!

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company is FANTASTIC! I have never seen an early stage company with such a well developed product and many amazing logos (that most early stage companies would die for!) The company is backed by the great reputation of Sequoia and the product is designed by 2 innovative thought leaders Mohit Lad and Ricardo Oliveira, both hold PhD's from UCLA. They have taken an unique approach to performance management for the cloud era that is quickly embraced by customers and prospects. The office is in downtown San Francisco with views of the bay bridge, daily catered lunches, free gym memberships and in office massages (amazing perks!) This organization values all employees and is eager to provide resources to promote continuous learning and growth. Mohit and Ricardo have done a fantastic job in carefully selecting first employees with high aptitude and great attitudes to ensure that the organization can properly scale.

Cons

Not for people who like huge companies with lots of red tape and politics.

An enterprise startup with lots of potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (more than a year)

Pros

An enterprise startup that is sexy. Great product that is really backed by strong technology. The work culture is relaxed and fun, but employees are driven to get the job done. Nice modern office with a great view. Milk shakes on release days :-)

Cons

Missing some recreational outlets such as ping pong tables but feel this will change as company expands.

More catered lunches :-)

Working at ThousandEyes is Fantastic

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment.
    Cutting edge technology. Lots of challenges.
    Very smart and driven colleagues. Super hero team!
    The company's leadership is great, they care a lot about culture and values.

Cons

Sometimes we have long milk shortages! Seriously, nothing to point out as a con.

Fast growing company!

I have been working at ThousandEyes full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a new startup company with a great new office right in the heart of San Francisco. Working in a growing startup is immensely rewarding, as you would expect. You work different chores and learn everyday and the work environment is just awesome! I feel that I am surround by the brightest and the smartest, by people who wants to solve very hard problems in the most elegant way. Can't disclose details, but we *are* changing the Internet.

Cons

It is a startup, and although we work in a relaxed and pleasant environment, we do work hard. Not a bad thing though.

ThousandEyes Photos