Three Reviews in Maidenhead, England

Updated August 7, 2014

4.1

Three CEO David Dyson
David Dyson

Pros
  • It's like going to work within your extended family, a laugh, a giggle, a fun working environment (in 8 reviews)

• What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • low basic pay, no career progression (in 2 reviews)

• Poor salary and incentives at the advisor level (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Live, breathe, be...Three!

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for more than a year

Pros

Three is a fantastic company to work for. You feel part of something special, a revolution or evolution perhaps in mobile. Regular open bars provide a platform for company updates that are both enjoyable and informative. The behaviours that Three staff live by are in line with the behaviours I live by outside of work so it's a great fit for me. A friendly chat with the CEO in the lift is not uncommon and everyone no matter what level is very approachable. What's great about Three is that you are encouraged to challenge the status quo. If you can do it better, take responsibility and do it! There's plenty of opportunity for self-promotion. The social life is pretty good too!

Cons

Too many meetings! At Three was have meetings about meetings! Also priorities can change here, very very fast. So something you may have as top of your priority list one day may sink to the bottom the next, it can be frustrating. Honestly though I haven't really got anything bad to say. I have found my home here.

It would be good to have more exposure to the inner workings of other departments so we can offer a more joined up approach to our customers. Also he benefits offered to staff could be better.

Great values and company culture. Everyone works hard but there is a sprinkle of silly stuff that adds fun!

I have been working at Three full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and approachable. You are given the tools you need to be able to perform your role to the best of your ability. Development is encouraged. Ideas are listened to from all levels in the business.

Cons

Some people may find the fast paced environment a challenge. The company is still in a period of growth so there is a lack of processes in place which people may find frustrating but most people relish the flexibility and opportunity this brings.

How Are Three Doing?

Current Employee - Learning Design Consultant  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning Design Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Implementation of the company strategy perfectly executed each year from top-down. The culture is positive and really generates a feeling of belonging which in-turn motivates performance. Hygiene factors are also motivating with top-end reward and clean, modern facilities.

Cons

Being a young company in a fast changing marketplace the business focus tends to shift quickly and at time perhaps too soon. That said, the formulation of the workforce always provokes a successful and agile response.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic, innovative, forward thinking and fun.

Current Employee - Head of Resourcing  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Resourcing in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced and dynamic culture, engaging and supportive workforce with a real fun environment.

Cons

Very fast paced, very change driven and very busy!

A company that really lives up to it's values, empowering it's people and offering great benefits with work life balance

I have been working at Three for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture. Friendly, relaxed. You can be yourself and not judged. You are empowered to make your own decisions and have the freedom to do what you need to do. Training is fab and your career development is well supported. The management team are an awesome force who are trusted to deliver and do deliver but in a personable and engaging way.

Cons

There is nothing that I would consider a con at Three.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are very unique and what you have is working well - don't change.

If you're up for it, you can make a real difference

Current Employee - Customer Experience  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Experience in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Challenging, fun and very rewarding. Company is focused on making mobile better for customers, and is driven by a customer centric strategy. What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter! People are great and approachable at all levels.

Cons

Some processes are continuously evolving, so getting something through the right gates can sometimes take high levels of ingenuity.

N/A

Often chaotic, but such a great energy - highly ambitious company and it is addictive

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The leadership team do seem to care about people
    We challenge the status quo in a sector that is generally confusing and arrogant
    No day is the same and you can't predict a week in Three

Cons

The pace of change and reprioritisation is sometimes exhausting
    Decisions don't always get made quickly and when they do it is sometimes not based on insight
    Not always joined up across departments

Fewer meetings and fewer people needed in meetings
    Not everything needs a project manager - it often slows things down
    Reward based on outcome rather than the loudest in the team

A fun and inspiring place to work - would definitely recommend :)

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time

Pros

The people make Three amazing and create an enjoyable atmosphere at work. It is an innovative, fun, exciting, fast paced and challenges the industry for the benefit of its customers. The head office locations are fantastic for transport links too.

Cons

Three could live more by it's behaviour of being 'open and honest' e.g. sharing salary bands with employees, providing more clarity on the annual bonus process/decisions and understanding where we sit in the nine box grid. Line managers need to be able to have such constructive conversations where improvements are required and/or in order to develop them effectively.

The exciting fast pace brings a draw back of creating a high volume of work with conflicting priorities within teams and departments. We keep saying that we need to do less better but we just do more and more...

We need better/more up-to-date technology to do our jobs effectively. This would also ensure we didn't need to use our own personal devices.

More commitment from management to develop their direct reports. Employees need formal/structured development plans and career opportunity or progression conversations.

Great Company - they have the culture right and are certainly heading in the right direction!

Current Employee - Resourcing  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcing in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ever-changing nature of the business means that you are constantly kept on your toes, in my role I am given the autonomy to shape it and I enjoy the variety and culture of the business.
    There is lots of opportunity for change and doing things differently, which makes for exciting times!

Cons

There isn't alot of structure in place and we aren't working with the best technology to make our roles more efficient for the business's sake. I think with that in place and the right mind-sets we really could adapt the same pace of change of our industry.

I think there is a degree of flexibility in the business but there could be more, in terms of working locations and core hours.

The best company culture I have come across so far

Current Employee - Manager  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly & Approachable people at all levels, real Company Values that I believe in, the company is driven to succeed, last 6 years the company is rapidly going from strength to strength, CEO Dave Dyson is a real genuine and approachable leader.

Cons

It can be a very dynamic and fast changing environment which will suit some people but not others. People have to be good at dealing with ambiguity and finding their way through

We are so keen to beat the competition that we need to continue to focus on doing less better.

Worked for Three? Contribute to the Community!