Three

www.three.co.uk

Three Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Three – Mumbai – “My team”

Three CEO David Dyson

David Dyson

Pros
  • It's like going to work within your extended family, a laugh, a giggle, a fun working environment (in 8 reviews)

• What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • low basic pay, no career progression (in 2 reviews)

• Poor salary and incentives at the advisor level (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat commission, work-life balance, fun and flexible work environment

ConsSystems and policies can be rigid and frustrating when trying to give good service

Glasgow operation

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsBrilliant city centre location close to shops.srations and restaurants. Growing operation with lots of career opportunities.

ConsToo much collaboration leading to slow change

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make Maidenhead the centre of the universe!

A company that really lives up to it's values, empowering it's people and offering great benefits with work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsGreat culture. Friendly, relaxed. You can be yourself and not judged. You are empowered to make your own decisions and have the freedom to do what you need to do. Training is fab and your career development is well supported. The management team are an awesome force who are trusted to deliver and do deliver but in a personable and engaging way.

ConsThere is nothing that I would consider a con at Three.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. You are very unique and what you have is working well - don't change.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wouldn't leave enough if they didn't want me!! Amazing place to work!

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent pay scheme, you feel really valued and looked after, your needs are taken into account before anyone else's and in fairness, its a employees first, customers second kind of place, not taking anything away from the amazing service we deliver....but ultimately i wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

ConsThe focus on one particular KPI can almost change overnight without a seemingly reasonable explanation, sometimes targets appear to be plucked out of thin air.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work, but maybe think about spending some time working in stores to understand the true day to day challenges.

Decentish company to work for

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe target based monetary rewards can be very very good. Better than most networks (have worked for Vodafone, O2 and Orange) training is decent and the working hours are flexible and not straining.

ConsArea managers are often found to micro manage. Conflicting messages from Company and Area managers. The company pushes the whole "Brand" factor but you are not paid on NPS scores, rather hitting volume targets, which the area Managers will drill into you on a daily basis. recruitment internally within Three is poor. You will always seem to get an interview, but will always seem to end up with the same stock refusal answer "we wanted to hire someone with experience"

Why didn't you say that at the interview!

If you're up for it, you can make a real difference

Customer Experience (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsChallenging, fun and very rewarding. Company is focused on making mobile better for customers, and is driven by a customer centric strategy. What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter! People are great and approachable at all levels.

ConsSome processes are continuously evolving, so getting something through the right gates can sometimes take high levels of ingenuity.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Often chaotic, but such a great energy - highly ambitious company and it is addictive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsThe leadership team do seem to care about people
    We challenge the status quo in a sector that is generally confusing and arrogant
    No day is the same and you can't predict a week in Three

ConsThe pace of change and reprioritisation is sometimes exhausting
    Decisions don't always get made quickly and when they do it is sometimes not based on insight
    Not always joined up across departments

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer meetings and fewer people needed in meetings
    Not everything needs a project manager - it often slows things down
    Reward based on outcome rather than the loudest in the team

Good Money, poor culture and dont even dream to pass from retail to head office NO CHANCE!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Wood Green, England (UK)

ProsGreat money for a part-time job, the team was extremely good and it was all about having fun with your customers and the team. products sold by themselves.

ConsStore management could not accept constructive criticisms and I had the worst training ever (useless), you had to do H&S, data protection and other important training in my own time through a computer.
    Additionally I was being bullied and there was no channel to deal with it, only way was direct confrontation.
    Lastly, I contacted the area manager and HR department for opportunities in the head office after finishing university, and receive no response from them, I was explained by some managers that if you were not white you could not progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the IT system it is not effective and we wasted a lot of time due to it.
    do not try to change from being the cheapest company to be a luxurious one, you tried many times and never worked.
    Stop changing your strategy every week and do not allow sales associates to go and work just for commission, it destroys the team work.

Fast moving, exciting and challenging place to work

ProsThe company is going through a really exciting time and there are loads of opportunities if you are prepared to grab them. The people you get to work with on a daily basis are all bought in to the company culture and behaviours, which makes having conversations with people much easier.

ConsThe speed at which things move and change at Three can sometimes be challenging but it is also part of the reason I love working there. There are a lot of demands made of you but equally that opens up lots of opportunities.

A fun and inspiring place to work - would definitely recommend :)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsThe people make Three amazing and create an enjoyable atmosphere at work. It is an innovative, fun, exciting, fast paced and challenges the industry for the benefit of its customers. The head office locations are fantastic for transport links too.

ConsThree could live more by it's behaviour of being 'open and honest' e.g. sharing salary bands with employees, providing more clarity on the annual bonus process/decisions and understanding where we sit in the nine box grid. Line managers need to be able to have such constructive conversations where improvements are required and/or in order to develop them effectively.

The exciting fast pace brings a draw back of creating a high volume of work with conflicting priorities within teams and departments. We keep saying that we need to do less better but we just do more and more...

We need better/more up-to-date technology to do our jobs effectively. This would also ensure we didn't need to use our own personal devices.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore commitment from management to develop their direct reports. Employees need formal/structured development plans and career opportunity or progression conversations.

Worked for Three? Contribute to the Community!