Three

www.three.co.uk

Three Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014
Three – Mumbai – “My team”

Three CEO David Dyson

David Dyson

Pros
  • It's like going to work within your extended family, a laugh, a giggle, a fun working environment (in 8 reviews)

• What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • low basic pay, no career progression (in 2 reviews)

• Poor salary and incentives at the advisor level (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

A fun and inspiring place to work - would definitely recommend :)

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsThe people make Three amazing and create an enjoyable atmosphere at work. It is an innovative, fun, exciting, fast paced and challenges the industry for the benefit of its customers. The head office locations are fantastic for transport links too.

ConsThree could live more by it's behaviour of being 'open and honest' e.g. sharing salary bands with employees, providing more clarity on the annual bonus process/decisions and understanding where we sit in the nine box grid. Line managers need to be able to have such constructive conversations where improvements are required and/or in order to develop them effectively.

The exciting fast pace brings a draw back of creating a high volume of work with conflicting priorities within teams and departments. We keep saying that we need to do less better but we just do more and more...

We need better/more up-to-date technology to do our jobs effectively. This would also ensure we didn't need to use our own personal devices.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore commitment from management to develop their direct reports. Employees need formal/structured development plans and career opportunity or progression conversations.

Fast moving, exciting and challenging place to work

ProsThe company is going through a really exciting time and there are loads of opportunities if you are prepared to grab them. The people you get to work with on a daily basis are all bought in to the company culture and behaviours, which makes having conversations with people much easier.

ConsThe speed at which things move and change at Three can sometimes be challenging but it is also part of the reason I love working there. There are a lot of demands made of you but equally that opens up lots of opportunities.

Great Company - they have the culture right and are certainly heading in the right direction!

Resourcing (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsThe ever-changing nature of the business means that you are constantly kept on your toes, in my role I am given the autonomy to shape it and I enjoy the variety and culture of the business.
    There is lots of opportunity for change and doing things differently, which makes for exciting times!

ConsThere isn't alot of structure in place and we aren't working with the best technology to make our roles more efficient for the business's sake. I think with that in place and the right mind-sets we really could adapt the same pace of change of our industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think there is a degree of flexibility in the business but there could be more, in terms of working locations and core hours.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work

Inbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsThere are a lot of things to brag about in this role. Great training system to ease you into the role, very competitive bonus structure and salary and always an incentive running to keep morale up. The day is fast paced and you are kept on our toes but well rewarding. The people will go out of their way to help you when you are stuck and there are plenty of career opportunities so you can move on and move up with your career.

ConsTo be honest there are not that many cons to do with the company themselves however if you are expecting sales calls all day long then you will be disappointed. Handling an average of 30-35 calls per day means that you will get departmental transfers which will effect your conversion rates, so while although at the time it can be frustrating just remember to take your breaks to allow some breathing space.

The best company culture I have come across so far

Manager (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsFriendly & Approachable people at all levels, real Company Values that I believe in, the company is driven to succeed, last 6 years the company is rapidly going from strength to strength, CEO Dave Dyson is a real genuine and approachable leader.

ConsIt can be a very dynamic and fast changing environment which will suit some people but not others. People have to be good at dealing with ambiguity and finding their way through

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are so keen to beat the competition that we need to continue to focus on doing less better.

So far, so good

LTE Principal Tech Authority (Current Employee) Reading, England (UK)

ProsThe holidays, work hours and the workplace

ConsDistance from my place, old building, no parking lot for everyone

Ok but after a year you get tired of the drilling from management and their lack of support.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe bonus on sales and staff sim are good incentives but that's as far as it goes.

ConsConstant changes you have to keep up, unpaid half hours for morning briefing/evening cleaning and pos changes, management unable to be professional. Management putting constant pressure on you when they are unable to see that if they're supported staff differently they would perform better. It's about going to work feeling good about it not as if you're about to walk into a slaughterhouse full of zombies.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome area managers shouldn't be allowed to take decisions on matters on the basis of being flirted with by shop management. Management in store should be trained before dealing with staff and keep professional. Too many times we've had to hear them speak behind other people's backs, call them names and even got to the point where I was once told I was not allowed to speak until given permission.

Fun and exciting

Marketing (Current Employee) Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsStill relatively a young company with a change maker challenger attitudewhere you are able to make a difference.

ConsLittle chance of progression, and in the process of going price to brand led a bit like turning an oil tanker around, will get there but sometimes painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time and money developing internal talent.

Best Job.

Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee) Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros- amazing and sometimes mind blowing sales incentives.
    - lovely working environment.
    - always treated with respect.
    - good bonus structure and decent basic salary.
    -very in depth training.
    -loads of opportunities to progress.
    -very easy to have your opinions heard.
    -if you work hard appreciation is always shown.
    -most staff and management are great to work with.
    -senior management are very down to earth and approachable.

Cons-sometimes its a "if your face fits" type of environment
    -too many managers on the floor and not enough work for them to do.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good sales incentives. its very motivational.

Everything is Awesome.

Store Manager (Current Employee) Chelmsford, England (UK)

ProsMy role is excitingly different everyday, fast paced and by working alone side a brilliantly structured team. Three really looks after everyone colleagues and customers.

ConsHonestly the only challenge is switching off when at home due to the demanding nature of the business and expect to change your business objective every other week.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on doing what you are doing.

Worked for Three? Contribute to the Community!