Three Reviews

Updated September 27, 2014
4.2

Three CEO David Dyson
David Dyson

Pros
  • It's like going to work within your extended family, a laugh, a giggle, a fun working environment (in 12 reviews)

• What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced environment can lead to chaos at times (in 5 reviews)

• I think with that in place and the right mind-sets we really could adapt the same pace of change of our industry (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing working culture and Brand Values. Lack of support from management and higher people when needed.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Manchester City Centre, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

I worked at Three full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

What I loved about Three was the amazing working Culture and Brand Values. It doesn't matter what you look like, who you are, how you come across or what you believe in. If you can do your job and are good at it, the rewards are amazing and you are really looked after. There is a huge relaxed workplace atmosphere. I always felt having fun in work was never frowned upon and you could always have a laugh to brighten up everyones day. Reward and recognition was massive if you delivered and the company benefits were also generous. You never felt scared by people higher than your area manager and there was a never a 'them and us' kind of culture.

Cons

Progression within the company was never something I felt was Three's Strong point. I had been in the company's Top 50 Ranking sales people on a number of occasions but never felt That was noticed or recognised. Towards the end of my employment I entered into the UK Mobile Industry competition known as shop idol. This competition is very much carried out in an X-Factor style format, whereby one must progress through the heats to eventually be crowned as 'Shop Idol'. Candidates are scored on various things like product knowledge, likeability, experience etc and I actually became a runner up and ended up representing the company at the finals.

Again despite this I never felt there was any credit from management and nobody gave me any opportunity to progress, despite all my hard work and what i had achieved. I had been with three for 5 1/2 years and I thought it was a real shame that I was not given any form of opportunity to progress.
    It was very much kind of 'if your face fits' or if you were related to, or 'in with the right person' kind of approach if you wanted to succeed.

In the end I felt I was 'moved on' by the company due to some reasons that loss prevention felt necessary.
    Despite being the person I was, my love for the brand and my length of service. I felt nobody really actually took a step back to support me and the issues I had and nobody took into consideration my reasons or my points raised. I just felt like the company took a 'just another employee that needs dealing with' kind of attitude.

I also felt there was lack of support for new employees who struggled to deliver. I felt management were told to handle these employee's 'By the book' rather than as managers being able to offer them the support they may need or the training that could benefit them. The company came down hard on stores/employees that did not deliver the results, when really, I felt that more support could be put in place rather than just shaft these people.

I believe that Long Service employees should be looked after and recognised.
    I loved working for you so much yet I don't believe you ever gave me the opportunity to really progress despite all the hard work I put in.

" Great Company - highly ambitious and fast paced"

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Everyday is different and challenging! Great environment to work in where the culture is about putting our people and customers first. Three is great place to be different and you feel your opinions/ideas count.

Cons

Fast paced environment can lead to chaos at times. Three is so addictive, sometimes it's hard to switch off and realise you have a life outside of work.

Dave and the senior management have really led the shift at Three over the last 3 years which has seen us grow and really challenge the market place.

How Are Three Doing?

Current Employee - Learning Design Consultant  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning Design Consultant in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Implementation of the company strategy perfectly executed each year from top-down. The culture is positive and really generates a feeling of belonging which in-turn motivates performance. Hygiene factors are also motivating with top-end reward and clean, modern facilities.

Cons

Being a young company in a fast changing marketplace the business focus tends to shift quickly and at time perhaps too soon. That said, the formulation of the workforce always provokes a successful and agile response.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dynamic, innovative, forward thinking and fun.

Current Employee - Head of Resourcing  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Head of Resourcing in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced and dynamic culture, engaging and supportive workforce with a real fun environment.

Cons

Very fast paced, very change driven and very busy!

Great values and company culture. Everyone works hard but there is a sprinkle of silly stuff that adds fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and approachable. You are given the tools you need to be able to perform your role to the best of your ability. Development is encouraged. Ideas are listened to from all levels in the business.

Cons

Some people may find the fast paced environment a challenge. The company is still in a period of growth so there is a lack of processes in place which people may find frustrating but most people relish the flexibility and opportunity this brings.

Glasgow operation

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Three full-time

Pros

Brilliant city centre location close to shops.srations and restaurants. Growing operation with lots of career opportunities.

Cons

Too much collaboration leading to slow change

Don't make Maidenhead the centre of the universe!

A company that really lives up to it's values, empowering it's people and offering great benefits with work life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture. Friendly, relaxed. You can be yourself and not judged. You are empowered to make your own decisions and have the freedom to do what you need to do. Training is fab and your career development is well supported. The management team are an awesome force who are trusted to deliver and do deliver but in a personable and engaging way.

Cons

There is nothing that I would consider a con at Three.

Keep doing what you are doing. You are very unique and what you have is working well - don't change.

Wouldn't leave enough if they didn't want me!! Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent pay scheme, you feel really valued and looked after, your needs are taken into account before anyone else's and in fairness, its a employees first, customers second kind of place, not taking anything away from the amazing service we deliver....but ultimately i wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Cons

The focus on one particular KPI can almost change overnight without a seemingly reasonable explanation, sometimes targets appear to be plucked out of thin air.

Keep up the great work, but maybe think about spending some time working in stores to understand the true day to day challenges.

Decentish company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The target based monetary rewards can be very very good. Better than most networks (have worked for Vodafone, O2 and Orange) training is decent and the working hours are flexible and not straining.

Cons

Area managers are often found to micro manage. Conflicting messages from Company and Area managers. The company pushes the whole "Brand" factor but you are not paid on NPS scores, rather hitting volume targets, which the area Managers will drill into you on a daily basis. recruitment internally within Three is poor. You will always seem to get an interview, but will always seem to end up with the same stock refusal answer "we wanted to hire someone with experience"

Why didn't you say that at the interview!

If you're up for it, you can make a real difference

Current Employee - Customer Experience  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Experience in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Challenging, fun and very rewarding. Company is focused on making mobile better for customers, and is driven by a customer centric strategy. What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter! People are great and approachable at all levels.

Cons

Some processes are continuously evolving, so getting something through the right gates can sometimes take high levels of ingenuity.

N/A

Three Photos

My team

+ Add Photo

Worked for Three? Contribute to the Community!