Three
www.three.co.uk Maidenhead, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Three Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Three – Mumbai – “My team”

Three CEO David Dyson

David Dyson

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fast moving, exciting and challenging place to work

ProsThe company is going through a really exciting time and there are loads of opportunities if you are prepared to grab them. The people you get to work with on a daily basis are all bought in to the company culture and behaviours, which makes having conversations with people much easier.

ConsThe speed at which things move and change at Three can sometimes be challenging but it is also part of the reason I love working there. There are a lot of demands made of you but equally that opens up lots of opportunities.

A fun and inspiring place to work - would definitely recommend :)

Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsThe people make Three amazing and create an enjoyable atmosphere at work. It is an innovative, fun, exciting, fast paced and challenges the industry for the benefit of its customers. The head office locations are fantastic for transport links too.

ConsThree could live more by it's behaviour of being 'open and honest' e.g. sharing salary bands with employees, providing more clarity on the annual bonus process/decisions and understanding where we sit in the nine box grid. Line managers need to be able to have such constructive conversations where improvements are required and/or in order to develop them effectively.

The exciting fast pace brings a draw back of creating a high volume of work with conflicting priorities within teams and departments. We keep saying that we need to do less better but we just do more and more...

We need better/more up-to-date technology to do our jobs effectively. This would also ensure we didn't need to use our own personal devices.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore commitment from management to develop their direct reports. Employees need formal/structured development plans and career opportunity or progression conversations.

Great Company - they have the culture right and are certainly heading in the right direction!

Resourcing (Current Employee)
    Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsThe ever-changing nature of the business means that you are constantly kept on your toes, in my role I am given the autonomy to shape it and I enjoy the variety and culture of the business.
    There is lots of opportunity for change and doing things differently, which makes for exciting times!

ConsThere isn't alot of structure in place and we aren't working with the best technology to make our roles more efficient for the business's sake. I think with that in place and the right mind-sets we really could adapt the same pace of change of our industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think there is a degree of flexibility in the business but there could be more, in terms of working locations and core hours.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best company culture I have come across so far

Manager (Current Employee)
    Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsFriendly & Approachable people at all levels, real Company Values that I believe in, the company is driven to succeed, last 6 years the company is rapidly going from strength to strength, CEO Dave Dyson is a real genuine and approachable leader.

ConsIt can be a very dynamic and fast changing environment which will suit some people but not others. People have to be good at dealing with ambiguity and finding their way through

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are so keen to beat the competition that we need to continue to focus on doing less better.

A great place to work

Inbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee)
    Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

ProsThere are a lot of things to brag about in this role. Great training system to ease you into the role, very competitive bonus structure and salary and always an incentive running to keep morale up. The day is fast paced and you are kept on our toes but well rewarding. The people will go out of their way to help you when you are stuck and there are plenty of career opportunities so you can move on and move up with your career.

ConsTo be honest there are not that many cons to do with the company themselves however if you are expecting sales calls all day long then you will be disappointed. Handling an average of 30-35 calls per day means that you will get departmental transfers which will effect your conversion rates, so while although at the time it can be frustrating just remember to take your breaks to allow some breathing space.

So far, so good

LTE Principal Tech Authority (Current Employee)
    Reading, England (UK)

ProsThe holidays, work hours and the workplace

ConsDistance from my place, old building, no parking lot for everyone

Good Money, poor culture and dont even dream to pass from retail to head office NO CHANCE!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Wood Green, England (UK)

ProsGreat money for a part-time job, the team was extremely good and it was all about having fun with your customers and the team. products sold by themselves.

ConsStore management could not accept constructive criticisms and I had the worst training ever (useless), you had to do H&S, data protection and other important training in my own time through a computer.
    Additionally I was being bullied and there was no channel to deal with it, only way was direct confrontation.
    Lastly, I contacted the area manager and HR department for opportunities in the head office after finishing university, and receive no response from them, I was explained by some managers that if you were not white you could not progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the IT system it is not effective and we wasted a lot of time due to it.
    do not try to change from being the cheapest company to be a luxurious one, you tried many times and never worked.
    Stop changing your strategy every week and do not allow sales associates to go and work just for commission, it destroys the team work.

Fun and exciting

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Maidenhead, England (UK)

ProsStill relatively a young company with a change maker challenger attitudewhere you are able to make a difference.

ConsLittle chance of progression, and in the process of going price to brand led a bit like turning an oil tanker around, will get there but sometimes painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time and money developing internal talent.

Best Job.

Outbound Sales Advisor (Current Employee)
    Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Pros- amazing and sometimes mind blowing sales incentives.
    - lovely working environment.
    - always treated with respect.
    - good bonus structure and decent basic salary.
    -very in depth training.
    -loads of opportunities to progress.
    -very easy to have your opinions heard.
    -if you work hard appreciation is always shown.
    -most staff and management are great to work with.
    -senior management are very down to earth and approachable.

Cons-sometimes its a "if your face fits" type of environment
    -too many managers on the floor and not enough work for them to do.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good sales incentives. its very motivational.

Everything is Awesome.

Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Chelmsford, England (UK)

ProsMy role is excitingly different everyday, fast paced and by working alone side a brilliantly structured team. Three really looks after everyone colleagues and customers.

ConsHonestly the only challenge is switching off when at home due to the demanding nature of the business and expect to change your business objective every other week.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry on doing what you are doing.

Worked for Three? Contribute to the Community!

Three Videos

Three – Why Work for Us?

We're making things better. Since 2003, we've created the biggest 3G network in the UK from scratch. We’ve developed internet services that our customers love and there's plenty more to come. We're committed to making… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Three reviews and ratings in United Kingdom — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Three CEO David Dyson. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Three employees.