Three

Updated March 5, 2015
4.0

Three CEO David Dyson
David Dyson

Pros
  • It's like going to work within your extended family, a laugh, a giggle, a fun working environment (in 12 reviews)

• What's great, is that you can make a difference if you are a go getter (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast paced environment can lead to chaos at times (in 5 reviews)

• The pace of change and reprioritisation is sometimes exhausting (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

94 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Great company who looks after staff.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

I have been working at Three

Pros

So far, Three has looked after me extremely well. They have given me intensive training, both on the job and in a workshop environment. My superiors have listened to me and tried there best to meet my needs (such as over time) and in return I have tried my best for the company. I have already progressed to a larger hourly contract and I am encouraged to push for more by my piers and fellow associates. I feel very welcome at Three and that I can progress my career within the company.

Cons

Certain procedures could be better implemented i.e. staff briefing could have a more structured routine.

Commission structure has demotivates some of the long serving staff, maybe a greater financial incentive could be brought in to stop them leaving.

Great Company, Brand and Culture

I have been working at Three

Pros

Three are a fantastic company to work for, they support internal mobility and growth, offer a comprehensive rewards package and yet maintain a fun, innovative and professional environment where you can really make a difference.

Cons

A little unstructured a times but processes are easy to follow and constantly being reviewed/updated. Fast-paced and can be demanding/challenging at times.

Enjoyed working at three.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)

I worked at Three full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back attitude in our store, reasonable commission and basic salary, great working atmosphere. Overall a very enjoyable working experience. I would recommend it.

Cons

Very target driven, sometimes to the point of being overbearing. Some members of staff becoming dangerously close to mis selling. Full time is 31.5 hours.

Allow associates to focus more on the needs of the customer. And consider revising the working hours of full time associates. Full time associates should be allowed to work 37.5 not 31.5

great culture and working environment

Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Advisor in Southend-on-Sea, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun
    culture
    people
    reward and benefits
    strong team ethos

Cons

limited progression opportunities
    reward and benefits
    culture
    systems
    processes
    out-dated systems

Invest in career progression

Working for 3G Hutchison

Current Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Three

Pros

Good and faced pace environment. Trustworthy team

Cons

long hours. pay is not good

a great place to work

Current Contractor - Finance in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Finance in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

- Great people
    - Great culture
    - great work life balance
    - salary is ok

Cons

- communication not great but it is getting better all the time
    - staff discounts is shockingly bad

A great, empowering, progressive & customer focused company

Current Employee - Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Three have really moved forward recently in terms of propositions, employee engagement, customer focus and empowering employees to reinvent the rules, and strive to make the mobile industry better. When I joined, Three were consistently the lowest rated network in terms of customer complaints, but now Three are on par with O2 with the fewest complaints per 1000 people. I truly believe this has been because of the reinvention which is encouraged, having a focused development plan in place (which is the same for everyone, from the very top, down) and by having clear and consistent brand messages portrayed across the business. You don't have to be the most successful person to feel like you've achieved something whilst working for Three.

Cons

Area managers. Read the job description online, and you'll find the Area managers will only do the opposite.

Keep doing what you're doing, and the business will only move forward.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Three full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Genuinely values its staff. Cares about making sure they feel involved and aware of developments.

Cons

Can be high-pressure and fast-moving - goes with the territory!

Make sure the positive attitude stays!

my veiw on Three

I have been working at Three

Pros

People, benefits, realises short comings (cons) and looking to address

Cons

Disorganised, could be more effective at delivery, committee appraoch

Started out fine

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Three part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most of the staff are genuinely nice people to know, the deals are usually quite competitive and offering unlimited 4g data has been a huge success and is an easy sell. Last month also had something like 79 in-house promotions which suggests great career opportunities to those that want it. The perks are great as well, a free phone with unlimited data £0 per month for example. They are also quite flexible with my hours.

Cons

Where do I start? In my interview I was sold on the great commission packages offered by Three, 2 months after starting, they all changed! We used to get paid "per box" but now its a group bonus if the store exceeds ridiculously high targets which means if for example a customer says something bad about salesman A selling him/her a phone that needs a daily charge then all the other sales associates get no bonus for the month! That means I am reliant on others to get my bonus irrelevant of my own performances. We have a sales shark instore who has never passed customer service feedback which means that basically i will just be on an hourly wage from now on. They do justify the change by saying that IF the store hits targets, you get 25% of your basic wage as a bonus each month which would work out more then the old system..

One of the targets is a customer feedback text. This is unfair, if, for example, a customer gave a bad response because on his/her way home from buying the phone, he/she dropped it and wasn't entitled to a free repair or replacement, then I would fail the test and lose my bonus. Even if my service had been exemplary. This is unfair.

I have also been ordered to sell dual sales to every person that walks through the door irrelevant to why the customer has visited the store and every morning I have to pledge a sales figure to the manager. I have to especially push a 7" tablet that is so bad I wouldn't give it to my 4 year old daughter! I am also told to push £7 sim only deals to customers who have just bought and put it into their old handset, why would anyone take that offer?

I have an insurance target despite no incentives to sell it.

There is no organisation, it took me 2 weeks of daily phone calls just to get login details to allow me to sell! This meant for the 1st 2 weeks, I was passing sales to other associates losing myself over £200 in commission.

My 12 week probationary period lasted 15 weeks as the manager wanted his assistant manager to do it as he had never done one before but he was off work sick for the extra 3 weeks.

The tills are a joke, you have 3 different systems, each with its own separate login. They don't talk to each other so you have to enter customers details into one system for a credit check, then enter them into the second system to take payment and a third system to check the customers details. If you do a dual sell, then you have to re-enter all the customers details for each credit check. And if its a dual sell and you don't put it on the same receipt then its not counted as a dual sell!

If you don't put your paperwork in the correct order (ie contract below customer details) then you get a documented discussion.

Despite being flexible with my hours, i made it clear that I couldn't work weekends I am pressured weekly to work them. I have never done my contracted hours as I am always working over them. If we are on a close, then we are only paid up until the closing time, this means if a customer enters store at 10 minutes before close and we are dealing with him/her until 30 minutes past close, then it is unpaid. If we try and claim it back we get moaned at and get told "I don't get extra for staying behind so why should you?"

Lose OSAT, have dual sells as a nice bonus instead of a major focus, this would really enhance sales as staff wouldn't feel forced to offer it causing customers to sometimes be bullied into deals and most importantly, get the old pay structure back! Why would I want to push for sales when I know, thanks to one or two certain members of staff, I am never going to get a bonus again! I only do 20 hours, the boss wants me to work more hours but as it currently stands, I am looking elsewhere for a new job!

When I 1st started here, I would have recommended this job to anybody who would listen, now I wouldn't bother.