Thumbplay Reviews

1 Rating

1. Still some of the best work in my portfolio

Former Employee - Lead Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Thumbplay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to join the company as a Senior Designer and work my way into the Lead Designer position, overseeing the creative direction of the brand and it's products and services. Opportunities like this are very hard to come by and it positioned me for the jobs that I occupy today. Executive staff were always helpful and accommodating, taking personal time to discuss the expansion of products/services, opportunities with other teams and help employees with internally related issues. Both CEO's were incredibly good people, always open to hearing ideas and always looking to better the culture of the company. I contribute the majority of my success today, to the opportunity provided to me at Thumbplay and I would gladly work with most of the senior management members again.

Cons

Company become a little rough around the edges toward the acquisition time, hiring some people whom were only there to benefit themselves, inevitably leading to the loss of many employees between the acquisition period and the full transition to Clear Channel. Communication sometimes suffered due to some people having a differing opinion on product executions.

Advice to Management

Continue to build companies. I enjoyed working with everyone.

2. Cool place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Young, cool people, organizational culture is oriented towards the quality of life. Very flexible schedule, good benefits and vacation time.

Cons

No career path, employees are being given titles without any reasons. office space is not good - very crowded, bathrooms are horrible.

Advice to Management

Ease out the interview process - there's layers and layers of interviewers before the persons is selected - it just adds more stress to the person.

3. Good start-up environment but a little lost when it comes to strategic direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great people, dynamic environment, cutting edge

Cons

lacking focus, dev cycles too long

5. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY

Pros

The teamwork is great here and everybody is always thinking about how to make the product better. All the people here are really fun and we have to talk about music as part of our job. How cool is that?

Cons

The offices aren't as cool as you'd think a startup should be. The only sink is the one in the bathroom and the lighting is kind of crap.

Advice to Management

We need to develop an actual brand voice and define a target market. Right now it is nearly impossible to determine the value of anything creative that we work on because we have no benchmark to measure it by.

6. Great team, great product

Pros

Smart people shine here; ideal for self-starters and the self-motivated

Cons

start-up and all that comes with that

RSS Feed </> Embed