ThyssenKrupp

Be The First To
Add Photos

ThyssenKrupp Chairman, Executive Board Heinrich Hiesinger

Heinrich Hiesinger

My experience has been rewarding with being able to work on projects all over the world.

Engineer (Current Employee) Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

ProsLarge projects, fantastic benefits (401k, light rail discount, HSA), 5 weeks PTO.

ConsAs ThyssenKrupp just completed a large merger, there are a lot of growing pains in the office. It appears, however, that things are changing for the better, or at least will be over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementInformation about new projects and company philosophy needs to be more transparent to regular employees.

Worst company ever.

Lead (Former Employee) Terre Haute, IN

ProsIf you like long hours, bad leadership and want no recognition for your work. This is the place to go.

ConsWorking conditions, no expectations other than work long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your front line supervisors closely they are causing many of your delays and muda

My experience working for ThyssenKrupp Bilstein of America was regretful

Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsPay, good benefits, growing company

ConsWork/life balance, work hours, company culture, poor management, disorganization

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall the culture needs to improve. Currenlty there is a culture that mimics a dictatorship. Free thinking is not encouraged and it's a "do it my way or the highway" type of environment. Also the management does not seem to be concerned for providing a good work/life balance for it's employees. Many employees are used to working 12+ hour days for months on end with no time off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The work was interesting, German management had an.... interesting philosophy.

Intern (Current Employee) Hamilton, OH

ProsGood product employees were proud of

ConsToo many to mention without seeming whiny

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like human beings instead of interchangeable parts

Good organization and relationship inside the company

Senior Analyst Programmer (Current Employee) Horn Lake, MS

ProsGood office culture, salary. Policy inside corporation. Enough information to the epmloyee.

ConsVery conservative. Very difficult to implement innovations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore analysis of HR and financial information.

Good

Pros-great people
    -dedicated to customers
    - management listens and you have the opportunity to speak to people high up in the industry

Cons- male dominated industry and old school

A great learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork/life balance, good compensation, good mentorship

Consmoving up the ladder takes time

It was like being a part of a family

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt was very formal, but a good corporate feel. The group I was working with was very young and fun, easy place to good quality work done.

ConsThe organization was a bit confusing. The Company is currently going through a sort of restructuring so it was hard to communicate at times with the proper people.

Not your best choice

Corporate Finance (Former Employee) Danville, IL

ProsThe salaries are ok if you have good negotiation skills, and if your division has good performance, there may be a substantial bonus. Benefits are fairly average to good. Lots of things to learn.

ConsManagement is based upon politics, not skill level. Upper management is generally staffed with Germans or Brazilians, the latter of which are totally unfamiliar with American social norms and culture. As a result, women have very little opportunity to advance based upon demonstrated skill. Often, upper management feels it is appropriate to make comments (in both Portuguese and English) about women's physical attributes and make unwanted advances.

Additionally, upper management repeatedly demonstrates management by intimidation, meaning it isn't uncommon for employees to be harshly chastised (yelled at) in front of peers. Many long-term, salaried employees are afraid they'll lose their jobs, so they don't share information with newcomers. When there are operations shortfalls, salaried employees are frequently asked to take "no pay" days to alleviate some fo the difference. Lack of teamwork is rampant among salaried employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people in upper management who know and understand American culture and social norms. Treat your employees as if they are your number 1 resource - not sweat shop workers.

Great experience for a young engineer to receive some insight into the world of manufacturing engineering.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Danville, IL

ProsPros:

The engineers that work here are very helpful and ready to help you take on a project and succeed as an engineering student.

Company allows you to choose an area and project that you are interested in rather than assigning you a project.

ConsCons:

Low wages for interns.

Internship program is not well developed.

Choosing your own project can be intimidating for new engineers.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked for ThyssenKrupp? Contribute to the Community!