TicketNetwork

Updated Jul 3, 2014

TicketNetwork Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board Donald J. Vaccaro

Donald J. Vaccaro

Innovative Company with a Great Future

Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    South Windsor, CT

ProsTicketNetwork is not your run-of-the-mill employer. Company offers many benefits, with the most notable being the free onsite gym, onsite laundry room, and a beautiful cafeteria in which cooked food is prepared each weekday. The entire group of leaders at TicketNetwork are strong and hard-driving, and all are willing to listen to suggestions to make the company better for both its employees and customers.

ConsThe job can at times be very demanding. From time to time, you get an irate customer, usually because they were misinformed by another representative. Starting pay is not typical for the ticketing industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Marketing assistant

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee)
    South Windsor, CT

ProsPeople are very nice and friendly. They make you at ease during the interview.

ConsThe interview process is very long, There is a screening interview first with the HR, then IQ test, English grammar test, and then many interviews. I got 4 !

Great company depending on the department you work in

Call Center Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGood Benefits; free gym and caf, great company parties! Most of the pople are very friendly and fun to work with.

ConsLong hours, if you work in the call center and have a family, depending on the hours you work, you can pretty much give up most of your family time, I never saw my child, except for on days off. Also they money is ok and can be argued that the benefits even out the low pay, but most other call centers pay a lot more. The insentive pay outs are horrible .0055% is the most any employee can make off there sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the people who work hard more, stop rewarding those who don't follow company policies just because they make sales. Its not fair. Higher pay would make for a lower turnover.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Potential!

Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    South Windsor, CT

ProsLots of perks. Workplace is flexible. It encourages creativity and offers lots of room to unwind such as providing space for playing table tennis, billiards, a gym, etc.

ConsThough improving, the relaxed environment leaves some holes in management structure. Management potential is sometimes awarded to close knit friendships rather than skills and experience. Also, although attempted to be compensated by perks, the lower end salaries yield high turn-over rates for employees on certain positions.

Bad experience but a stepping stone into better opportunities.

ProsCasual dress, Free food in cafeteria, Dual monitors

ConsA LOT of turnover due to: Poor management, low pay, favoritism, no work/life balance, hostile environment, not a WAH environment (even on bad snow days)

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better, support peoples families lives through more PTO and flexibility in WAH access, train managers, create an employee recognition program

A place to grow and advance

South Windsor, CT

ProsCompany values intelligence, integrity, and self-motivation. I've always felt respected by upper management, even when I was an entry-level administrative assistant. I think management is more approachable than many people realize. There are lots of opportunities for professional growth -- internal classes, promotion from within, conferences and conventions, etc. It's a great environment with fun and friendly people. Casual dress, free food, and legendary parties are a plus. Hard work gets noticed and exceptional performers tend to be rewarded. Most people I've dealt with value feedback and the contributions of all and promote a team-centric environment.

ConsCommunication can sometimes be lacking, but is an area of continuous improvement. I sometimes feel that benefits and expectations favor young single people, although management is definitely working on doing more for families. Some people seem to be paid at the low end or below market value so it's important to know what your work is worth. Training could be better, which is another area in which the company is working to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp us help you succeed. Make sure your top performers (in particular) are happy, have a voice, and are adequately challenged. Ask questions. Be patient (reasonably patient). Weed out the non-performers. Find out what motivates people.

Awesome

ProsLow starting pay. Yes it is pro. I’ve been working here for over two years. I started low and am now making more than double of what I was making. The CEO is too honest, because he will tell you when he hires you that you are starting out below market. The reason in his mind is that if you don’t perform to the level you should be, getting rid of you would be easier and when you do perform you get a raise and it could be a very big raise. Also don’t forget it is free food and beverage all day long. It’s not unusual to for people here to have breakfast, lunch and dinner here, matching 401K up to 4%, low rental limo’s $25 per hour, great parties, CEO with no college degree and who worked up from the bottom keeps the ivy leaguers down to earth.

ConsWeather sucks in Connecticut, often forced to work without much supervisor, employees given too much latitude in making their own decisions. Some managers don’t manage their non performing employees enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep low starting pay with good raises for good people. Don’t bow to the pressure to be politically correct. Bad move giving spouses’ coverage on health insurance that means single people have to subsidize married ones.

great learning experience

South Windsor, CT

ProsFree food all day long, great mentors, great room for advancement, perks get better and better, salaries are starting to climb faster.

ConsOut in the suburbs, no night life, too much snow. Kitchen food and gym need upgrade. needs to move to a more business friendly state.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep you best employees and let the low performers go quicker. Make sure your management is doing what they are supposed to.

TicketNetwork - a new challenge everyday and a great place to work and showcase your abilities.

South Windsor, CT

ProsThe company is always growing and providing opportunities for growth. They value their employees and provide many benefits not seen in larger companies, like free lunches, company picnics, ping pong, billiards, volleyball and many other activities. They promote from within and help people grow in their career. There are many opportunities and they listen to their employees. They reward performers and recognize talent at all levels. Management will listen to ideas of employees at any level, you really feel like you have a say or role in the success of the company. The entrepreneurial environment is challenging and refreshing. It's nice to look forward to going to work and seeing what the next day brings.

ConsFor many of the employees this is their first job. This means there is some lack of real world experience and experience with what works and doesn't work. It also sets some unrealistic expectations as many employees haven't worked in corporate America where they are just another cog and have no other work experience to compare against.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to drive planning sooner. They are getting better at the planning, goal setting, review process, but need to continue so that everything is communicated in the right time-frame and expectations set, rather than rushing to get it done.

Low Pay, Unethical, No Job Security

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    South Windsor, CT

ProsFree food, beautiful scenery around the company, great parties.
    The payment can make you survive, with food, water, and some clothes.
    Young co-workers with awesome ideas.

ConsIn the beginning I looked at those contrived five-star-reviews, feeling disturbed. Later I found that people put their really opinions in the cons.
    As I put in the Pros, I met some of really cool young co-workers during my last year here, most of them are recent graduate, fresh, hardworking, and very intelligent.
    I noticed that almost NONE of them could stay in the company longer than half a year. Most of them left for a better pay position somewhere else, others left due to unqualified supervisors or too-demanding tasks.
    I am glad to be able to support myself with the pay because I do not have kids, for now. However, I can definitely understand how hard it is to work 9 hours here in TN and then another 3 hours part-time as a waitress, just to earn some cash to pay the rent, buy treat for dogs or toys for kids.
    It is difficult to have a life here with the pay in TN.
    I am also glad to have a nice supervisor, who is not a bully. However, I can understand how unpleasant it is to have a bully or jealousy supervisor who treat the subordinates with no respect, give them demanding tasks and toss them away when the tasks are done.
    It is more than unethical.
    If you want a job with security, respect and most of all, a decent payment, please look at the numbers on your job offer and think twice.

Advice to Senior Management1. Increase the payment and listen to your people.
    2. Not all people in the mid level management are qualified.
    3. Communication is a big issue here.

Worked for TicketNetwork? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TicketNetwork reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TicketNetwork CEO Donald J. Vaccaro . All 32 reviews posted anonymously by TicketNetwork employees.