Ticketmaster
www.ticketmaster.com West Hollywood, CA 5000+ Employees

Ticketmaster Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Mar 28, 2014
Ticketmaster – Hollywood – “View from the Hollywood office”

Jared Smith

47 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

MOM AND POP FEEL

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Prosran like a small business with many perks

Consmom and pop salary/compensation and very slow career advancement

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your employees and you will have more employee retention.

Challenging and rewarding job place where you can see your work effort make a difference in people's lives.

Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ticketmaster

ProsTicketmaster is a wonderful place where you get to work with extremely intelligent people, have fun while working hard and doing what you enjoy. You work with the latest technology and make difference in people's lives by improving their experience in buying tickets to any and all live events, such as sports, concerts, theatre etc. You are never bored, you constantly grow and continue to learn new things on daily basis.

ConsI have barely anything bad to say about the company, after merger with Live Nation things were a bit rocky, but as time went buy we emerged bigger and stronger. We have new goals ahead and I see that the future is brighter than ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to innovate, update employees on the future of the company and direction we are heading.

Relaxed and results driven.

Manager of Web Operations (Current Employee)
West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros- Work with smart people you can learn a lot from
- Relaxed atmosphere where people are judged by the results of their work and their ideas, not how they dress or look or what degrees they may have
- Solve big and difficult problems
- Work in an IT organization that drives revenue for the company rather than being simply a cost center

Cons- Never-ending demand for product features makes it difficult to find resources for important but non-customer-facing products
- Stress of demanding clients and negative consumer perception
- Generally hear news about the company from the media before upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open both with employees about the company and with the public about the real talent of the employees within the company and the great work they're doing.

Good people, sometimes feels like the company has ADD

Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

ProsPeople want to do great things. There are some great people here and by and large, everyone wants to do great things.

ConsBenefits aren't really the best here. Sometimes the company feels like it has ADD and can't really focus on things.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation and benefits practices need to be in line with other tech companies. Need to stop letting bowling balls detract us from our long term objectives.

Work is hard but they allow us to play hard as well. Lots of fun activities.

Senior Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTechnology drives this company pretty much

ConsToo much overload at times.

Database Administrator

Database Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBest infrastructure with thousands of databases, Highly cutting edge technologies with multiple databases knowledge

ConsModerate to slow personal career growth rate

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Great place to work if you like the ticketing and entertainment business

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity to be promoted if you show you care, work hard and are on board with management's plan. Some weekends and long hours when deliveries are due, but nothing different from any other software company. Open vacation policy for manager level and above. Take as much time as you need or just to rest without feeling guilty. Coworkers are fun and there are opportunities to hang out after work if you want to. Office environments are good. Kitchens on every floor and a huge lunch room. Places to work outside of your cubicle if you need privacy. Cubicles are spacious and the building is fairly modern.

ConsLike a lot of big companies they are looking for a quick fix to a long term problem. Lots of work to do, but hiring consultants will only waste time and money. They need to hire people with experience and trust them to make it happen. Sometimes they forget that ticketing is a unique skill set that not many people know or care to learn. That being said, this was slowly changing before I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people in the trenches. They know what customers want. Stay in tune with your employees to anticipate issues so you can be proactive about concerns.

enjoyed the work; but some entrenched management sometimes inflexible

Program Manager (Former Employee)
West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster as a contractor for more than a year

ProsLot's of stuff going on, which can present multiple opportunities to those that are motivated and interested in branching out. The Ticketmaster side of the house is very structured and has a high amount of process discipline (required for a major e-commerce site). The Live Nation side is more agile and creative (great for those that are motivated and flexible).

ConsPMO managers often inflexible to adopt methodologies which would benefit a particular project. IMO, the rigid process ultimately hamstrung my project, and unfortunately the project stalled after a sizable effort and cost was spent.

Lots of Product Managers with Director in their title who did not contribute at that level. Project Managers contributing at a high level and hitting it out of the park not recognized for their achievements and contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give all Product Managers a Director position. Director level managers should be reserved for those who manage other people or who manage a portfolio of products / product line. Promote Project Managers based on their effectiveness / achievement, and not based on personal relationships.

Industry Leader, Big Company with Start-Up Mentality

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros+ Great experience with large Fortune 500
+ Interesting diverse work set
+ Company is changing itself and the industry

Cons+ Big company with corporate politics
+ Old system in process of change which is painful
+ Compensation not great

Advice to Senior ManagementSmile more. Don't look so hurried and surly and into your iPhones and blackberries all the time. It creates a culture of fear to voice an opinion and be yourself.

Technical entertainment company.

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

ProsConstantly learning something new and becoming better at my job. Very strong financially.

ConsMultiple teams working on many diverse and legacy products, many times lacking in team cohesion.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need one unified process across all distributed teams.

Worked for Ticketmaster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ticketmaster reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ticketmaster CEO Jared Smith. All 47 reviews posted anonymously by Ticketmaster employees.