Ticketmaster Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated August 21, 2014
Updated August 21, 2014

3.3

Jared Smith

Pros
  • Most of the people are great to be around and a joy to work with (in 10 reviews)

• Free tickets to shows (if you are London based - don't expect much in satellite offices) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance needs improvement (in 6 reviews)

• Upper Management has no clue how things in the field offices actually work (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

51 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

MOM AND POP FEEL

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

ran like a small business with many perks

Cons

mom and pop salary/compensation and very slow career advancement

invest in your employees and you will have more employee retention.

Challenging and rewarding job place where you can see your work effort make a difference in people's lives.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer  in  Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros

Ticketmaster is a wonderful place where you get to work with extremely intelligent people, have fun while working hard and doing what you enjoy. You work with the latest technology and make difference in people's lives by improving their experience in buying tickets to any and all live events, such as sports, concerts, theatre etc. You are never bored, you constantly grow and continue to learn new things on daily basis.

Cons

I have barely anything bad to say about the company, after merger with Live Nation things were a bit rocky, but as time went buy we emerged bigger and stronger. We have new goals ahead and I see that the future is brighter than ever.

Continue to innovate, update employees on the future of the company and direction we are heading.

Relaxed and results driven.

Current Employee - Manager of Web Operations  in  West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Manager of Web Operations in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros

- Work with smart people you can learn a lot from
    - Relaxed atmosphere where people are judged by the results of their work and their ideas, not how they dress or look or what degrees they may have
    - Solve big and difficult problems
    - Work in an IT organization that drives revenue for the company rather than being simply a cost center

Cons

- Never-ending demand for product features makes it difficult to find resources for important but non-customer-facing products
    - Stress of demanding clients and negative consumer perception
    - Generally hear news about the company from the media before upper management

Be more open both with employees about the company and with the public about the real talent of the employees within the company and the great work they're doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great overall experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was an intern at Ticketmaster and overall it was a great learning experience. Everyone was very friendly and was open to showing me around the place.

Cons

Department that I was in seemed to be a bit segregated. There was not much interaction within our department.

Good people, sometimes feels like the company has ADD

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

People want to do great things. There are some great people here and by and large, everyone wants to do great things.

Cons

Benefits aren't really the best here. Sometimes the company feels like it has ADD and can't really focus on things.

Compensation and benefits practices need to be in line with other tech companies. Need to stop letting bowling balls detract us from our long term objectives.

Work is hard but they allow us to play hard as well. Lots of fun activities.

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technology drives this company pretty much

Cons

Too much overload at times.

Database Administrator

Current Employee - Database Administrator  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best infrastructure with thousands of databases, Highly cutting edge technologies with multiple databases knowledge

Cons

Moderate to slow personal career growth rate

NA

Great place to work if you like the ticketing and entertainment business

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to be promoted if you show you care, work hard and are on board with management's plan. Some weekends and long hours when deliveries are due, but nothing different from any other software company. Open vacation policy for manager level and above. Take as much time as you need or just to rest without feeling guilty. Coworkers are fun and there are opportunities to hang out after work if you want to. Office environments are good. Kitchens on every floor and a huge lunch room. Places to work outside of your cubicle if you need privacy. Cubicles are spacious and the building is fairly modern.

Cons

Like a lot of big companies they are looking for a quick fix to a long term problem. Lots of work to do, but hiring consultants will only waste time and money. They need to hire people with experience and trust them to make it happen. Sometimes they forget that ticketing is a unique skill set that not many people know or care to learn. That being said, this was slowly changing before I left.

Listen to the people in the trenches. They know what customers want. Stay in tune with your employees to anticipate issues so you can be proactive about concerns.

enjoyed the work; but some entrenched management sometimes inflexible

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Lot's of stuff going on, which can present multiple opportunities to those that are motivated and interested in branching out. The Ticketmaster side of the house is very structured and has a high amount of process discipline (required for a major e-commerce site). The Live Nation side is more agile and creative (great for those that are motivated and flexible).

Cons

PMO managers often inflexible to adopt methodologies which would benefit a particular project. IMO, the rigid process ultimately hamstrung my project, and unfortunately the project stalled after a sizable effort and cost was spent.

Lots of Product Managers with Director in their title who did not contribute at that level. Project Managers contributing at a high level and hitting it out of the park not recognized for their achievements and contributions.

Don't give all Product Managers a Director position. Director level managers should be reserved for those who manage other people or who manage a portfolio of products / product line. Promote Project Managers based on their effectiveness / achievement, and not based on personal relationships.

Industry Leader, Big Company with Start-Up Mentality

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Great experience with large Fortune 500
    + Interesting diverse work set
    + Company is changing itself and the industry

Cons

+ Big company with corporate politics
    + Old system in process of change which is painful
    + Compensation not great

Smile more. Don't look so hurried and surly and into your iPhones and blackberries all the time. It creates a culture of fear to voice an opinion and be yourself.

Worked for Ticketmaster? Contribute to the Community!