Ticketmaster

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
3.5

Jared Smith and Mark Yovich

Pros
  • Most of the people are great to be around and a joy to work with (in 10 reviews)

• Great benefits and nice work environment (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance for event/client support staff (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't seem to pay much attention to the actual work and troubles of the lower level (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

50 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours
    Great work life balance
    Good communication from upper management
    Coworkers are friendly and professional.

Cons

Compensation is not great compared to other companies
    Benefits are lacking

Make sure you are paying at or above industry standard or you will lose your top talent.

MOM AND POP FEEL

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ran like a small business with many perks

Cons

mom and pop salary/compensation and very slow career advancement

invest in your employees and you will have more employee retention.

Challenging and rewarding job place where you can see your work effort make a difference in people's lives.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros

Ticketmaster is a wonderful place where you get to work with extremely intelligent people, have fun while working hard and doing what you enjoy. You work with the latest technology and make difference in people's lives by improving their experience in buying tickets to any and all live events, such as sports, concerts, theatre etc. You are never bored, you constantly grow and continue to learn new things on daily basis.

Cons

I have barely anything bad to say about the company, after merger with Live Nation things were a bit rocky, but as time went buy we emerged bigger and stronger. We have new goals ahead and I see that the future is brighter than ever.

Continue to innovate, update employees on the future of the company and direction we are heading.

Relaxed and results driven.

Current Employee - Manager of Web Operations in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Manager of Web Operations in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster

Pros

- Work with smart people you can learn a lot from
    - Relaxed atmosphere where people are judged by the results of their work and their ideas, not how they dress or look or what degrees they may have
    - Solve big and difficult problems
    - Work in an IT organization that drives revenue for the company rather than being simply a cost center

Cons

- Never-ending demand for product features makes it difficult to find resources for important but non-customer-facing products
    - Stress of demanding clients and negative consumer perception
    - Generally hear news about the company from the media before upper management

Be more open both with employees about the company and with the public about the real talent of the employees within the company and the great work they're doing.

Great overall experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I was an intern at Ticketmaster and overall it was a great learning experience. Everyone was very friendly and was open to showing me around the place.

Cons

Department that I was in seemed to be a bit segregated. There was not much interaction within our department.

Good people, sometimes feels like the company has ADD

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time

Pros

People want to do great things. There are some great people here and by and large, everyone wants to do great things.

Cons

Benefits aren't really the best here. Sometimes the company feels like it has ADD and can't really focus on things.

Compensation and benefits practices need to be in line with other tech companies. Need to stop letting bowling balls detract us from our long term objectives.

Work is hard but they allow us to play hard as well. Lots of fun activities.

Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technology drives this company pretty much

Cons

Too much overload at times.

Database Administrator

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Best infrastructure with thousands of databases, Highly cutting edge technologies with multiple databases knowledge

Cons

Moderate to slow personal career growth rate

NA

Great place to work if you like the ticketing and entertainment business

Current Employee - Product Manager in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at Ticketmaster full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to be promoted if you show you care, work hard and are on board with management's plan. Some weekends and long hours when deliveries are due, but nothing different from any other software company. Open vacation policy for manager level and above. Take as much time as you need or just to rest without feeling guilty. Coworkers are fun and there are opportunities to hang out after work if you want to. Office environments are good. Kitchens on every floor and a huge lunch room. Places to work outside of your cubicle if you need privacy. Cubicles are spacious and the building is fairly modern.

Cons

Like a lot of big companies they are looking for a quick fix to a long term problem. Lots of work to do, but hiring consultants will only waste time and money. They need to hire people with experience and trust them to make it happen. Sometimes they forget that ticketing is a unique skill set that not many people know or care to learn. That being said, this was slowly changing before I left.

Listen to the people in the trenches. They know what customers want. Stay in tune with your employees to anticipate issues so you can be proactive about concerns.

enjoyed the work; but some entrenched management sometimes inflexible

Former Employee - Program Manager in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at Ticketmaster as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Lot's of stuff going on, which can present multiple opportunities to those that are motivated and interested in branching out. The Ticketmaster side of the house is very structured and has a high amount of process discipline (required for a major e-commerce site). The Live Nation side is more agile and creative (great for those that are motivated and flexible).

Cons

PMO managers often inflexible to adopt methodologies which would benefit a particular project. IMO, the rigid process ultimately hamstrung my project, and unfortunately the project stalled after a sizable effort and cost was spent.

Lots of Product Managers with Director in their title who did not contribute at that level. Project Managers contributing at a high level and hitting it out of the park not recognized for their achievements and contributions.

Don't give all Product Managers a Director position. Director level managers should be reserved for those who manage other people or who manage a portfolio of products / product line. Promote Project Managers based on their effectiveness / achievement, and not based on personal relationships.

Ticketmaster Photos