Ticketmaster

www.ticketmaster.com

Ticketmaster Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Jared Smith

Pros
  • Most of the people are great to be around and a joy to work with (in 10 reviews)

• Free tickets to shows (if you are London based - don't expect much in satellite offices) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance needs improvement (in 6 reviews)

• Upper Management has no clue how things in the field offices actually work (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights
47 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not a great place for work.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsGood co workers, learned several things

ConsLousy management, overworked people, didn't want to take responsibility for bad decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some competent manageent

A very fun, challenging, engaging company which drinks on fridays at 2pm.

Senior Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Hollywood, CA

ProsIf you don't like a dress code and want to be yourself without having to put on a corporate face, this is the place to work. People here are real and very intelligent. The projects are very challenging and you won't be bored.

ConsCompensation is on the low end. Long hours, late nights, weekends. Limited telecommute. Middle management can play games some times and don't follow strict policies (which can be bad). Coworkers can be a bit abrasive, non-PC environment. Practically everyone is sexist (all the male execs get the window offices, female execs get the inner, non-windowed offices). Stress level can get pretty high. Incompetent or lazy employees don't get fired; they get promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wrote a big letter to Nathan before I left outlining exactly what's wrong with the culture and the treatment/compensation of the tech staff. Some middle managers have ego trips and don't have the company's best interest in mind. Massive turnover of top talent is a huge issue.

Merger with Live nation changed dynamic

Project Manager (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsPro- free lottery for tickets. loose dress code, easy job.

ConsManagement is horrible
    No vision from CEO
    No loyalty

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Industry Leader, Big Company with Start-Up Mentality

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros+ Great experience with large Fortune 500
    + Interesting diverse work set
    + Company is changing itself and the industry

Cons+ Big company with corporate politics
    + Old system in process of change which is painful
    + Compensation not great

Advice to Senior ManagementSmile more. Don't look so hurried and surly and into your iPhones and blackberries all the time. It creates a culture of fear to voice an opinion and be yourself.

Management plays favorites

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsSometimes got free tickets to not-so-popular concerts and can generally guarantee tickets for popular acts through internal purchase program.

ConsAt least when I was there, engineering/project management VPs played favorites to their core group of people that they knew from school or previous employment or to good looking women. I overhead management team say they brought candidates in simply because they were attractive females.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverhaul Ticketmaster folks.

Technical entertainment company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsConstantly learning something new and becoming better at my job. Very strong financially.

ConsMultiple teams working on many diverse and legacy products, many times lacking in team cohesion.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need one unified process across all distributed teams.

MOM AND POP FEEL

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hollywood, CA

Prosran like a small business with many perks

Consmom and pop salary/compensation and very slow career advancement

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your employees and you will have more employee retention.

Prelivenation review

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsThe company updated and streamlined its software and operations nationally. Functions across the company are lighter and more efficient. I think this more positively affects the bottom line.

ConsCustomer and vendor relationships have suffered. Full team support is gone for vendors and personal, local support is gone for the end consumer in the area of sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your support teams a little more support. They touch every critically relevant sysatem globally, but are often understaffed. Streamlining operations is fine, but not at the cost of quality assurance.

Live Nation Ticketmaster - a job not a career

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsAbove average pay. Fast pace environment.

ConsZero career development or training. No formal review process at the time. Due to regulations, low contribution limits for 401K. No work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a real marketing plan. Pushing Upsells in a recession? Give me a break?!

Decent, but not the company it once was.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) West Hollywood, CA

ProsGood people, in some departments.
    Flexible schedule.
    Technically challenging work.

ConsMost of the talent has fled and the ones that remain are looking for new opportunities.
    Culture has changed considerably.
    Leadership is lacking

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the people and the systems before trying to change them.

Worked for Ticketmaster? Contribute to the Community!