Tiffany & Co.

Tiffany & Co. Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Tiffany & Co. Chairman and CEO Michael J. Kowalski

Michael J. Kowalski

Pros:
  • "The employee discount was really nice since all of the jewelry there is overpriced"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Good benefits and compensation for management"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Not a good work/life balance at all either, so if that is important to you, you should look elsewhere"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The Upper Management team recently sent out Proxies for stockholders to vote on"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work but scarce growth

ProsGreat culture and management, high focus on training and professional challenge. Close relations to all departments. Interesting projects and leaderships opportunities. great work-life balance

ConsScarce mobility in management positions.

Operations Manager

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat company, history and people.

ConsSome politics, public company stuff

Overall was a great job, although I was part time.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsWonderful and fun staff. Very professional company and culture. Beautiful merchandise to sell.

ConsNot many, other than it's retail hours. Especially during the holidays it can get a bit crazy. But they take good care of you and are respectful of how hard you are working.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

fast pace

Sales Professional (Current Employee)

Prosemployee discount, good vacation, good benefits

Consstressful, fast pace, holidays are horrible

Great on the outside, horrible on the inside.

Branch Security Officer (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are decent, but that's about it.

ConsManagement that doesn't know how to manage or resolve problems. Human resources is a joke company wide. Senior management is always constantly changing direction and never stays the course.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be fired.

Good position to gain real world operations experience at a luxury retail store

Seasonal Operations Assistant (Former Employee)
    Walnut Creek, CA

ProsCompany placed a high emphasis on its customer service and treating its clients well, treated all employees with respect. There was easy access to store management (granted it was a smaller retail location). Operations professionals were some of the nicest and most helpful people I have ever met, couldn't have asked to work for better people.

ConsSome of the sales professionals did not treat me with respect as a "Seasonal Operations Assistant". I was also unfortunately unable to garner duties with more responsibilities despite taking initiative with my tasks. I do not necessarily think I was adequately challenged at this position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps provide more of an opportunity to take on tasks with greater responsibility and accountability.

Worst Job Ever

One They Desperately Need (Current Employee)

ProsI am skilled enough to leave!!!

ConsHR works for the company, not employee. Management is clueless and out of touch. Favorites run the company, and the rest of the workers are left out of all opportunities to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to all employees, not just your brown nosing favorites who play your ego's like a fiddle. Stop treating workers like they are dirt under your feet. Don't lie and promise change and empathy, when you don't mean it at all. When you have your plant meetings and whole crews tell you what is wrong, don't say change is coming....AND DO NOTHING. My greatest joy is knowing, when I leave...... I will work for your competitors, and bring big numbers to companies that will chip away at that fake Tiffany image, which is in decline.

No longer a happy, healthy, energized place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat brand recognition, nice physical environment to work, fair compensation. Many of the people at all levels, especially those who have been there a long time, care deeply about company tradition, the brand, employees and customers. Lofty environmental sensitivities.

ConsNew leadership appears to care nothing about Tiffany's internal culture or employee satisfaction. No work/life balance at all. There's no clear consistent corporate vision or strategy. Product strategy and merchandise assortment is an internal joke at the store level. IT systems are embarrassingly outdated and CRM applications are so poorly designed that they are impossible to use productively. There are huge inconsistencies in expectations and the resources provided to achieve them. Sad to say, but once the glitter fades, Tiffany is no longer different than any other mall retailer.

N/A

ProsGreat employee discount and benefit

ConsHoliday hours like Walmart, no more luxury.

My experience working at Tiffany & Co was challenging and I gained a lot of new skills.

Senior Payroll Accountant (Former Employee)
    Parsippany, NJ

ProsI worked with a great team and I had a great leader that she trusted me and wanted me to do more. It was a challenging position which I love in a position.

ConsI didn't like the gossip in the department I worked in and thought that could've been handled better by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your employees and how they work and they inefficiencies. Work with them on their flaws and congratulate them on their strengths,

Worked for Tiffany & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tiffany & Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tiffany & Co. CEO Michael J. Kowalski. All 263 reviews posted anonymously by Tiffany & Co. employees.