Tiffany & Co.

Updated November 24, 2014
2.9

Tiffany & Co. Chairman and CEO Michael J. Kowalski
Michael J. Kowalski

Pros
  • If you are looking for a stable place with good benefits this is a good place for you (in 28 reviews)

• The employee discount was really nice since all of the jewelry there is overpriced (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, culture is horrible, continuous power struggle with senior management (in 10 reviews)

• Graded harshly on everything by upper management on how you acknowledge a customer to challenges making sales targets (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall good company to work for

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. part-time

Pros

Tiffany and co. offers great employee discounts and benefits. The management is flexible in terms of what to offer the employees. Big company looks good on resume.

Cons

There is no job security in this field. It's retail.

Bearable work situation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Discounts and good benefits.

Cons

Favoritism is a huge problem since people have been at this company for so long

Blue box isn't all its cracked up to be.

Current Employee - New Product Engineering in New York, NY
    Current Employee - New Product Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Discount and a good work/life balance.

Cons

EXTREMLY Siloed company. Absolutely no cooperation or organization between the groups. Mangement level and above (even those who rose through ranks) have no concept of basic operations. I've never been spoken to so condesatingly before in my life. No growth opportunities, if you start in one division, you CANNOT transfer to another.

Do not let talent leave. Let go of non team players and those that create TOXIC environments.

Operations Professional

Current Employee - Operations Professional
    Current Employee - Operations Professional

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, including discount, 401k plan, medical/dental coverage, etc. Pays surprisingly well for retail.

Cons

Upper management not always fully transparent, but might be hard for info to be passed down from corporate into retail branches easily. Positive outlook for the company-especially as of late (Fall 2014) with new management coming in and brand new product launches underway.

Keep introducing exciting new prospects! It helps to keep everyone excited and motivated.

Operations

Current Employee - Operations Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Good discount. Schedule is ok.
    The starting salary is good not the yearly increase if you get one.

Cons

Operations under staff and do tons of work loads. More responsibilities and less workers.
    Sales team always like to blame ops and Merchandise team for failure of their sales.

Operations has an important role, please acknowledge the duties and work they do.

Great!

Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount and prodcuct knowledge was great.

Cons

I didn't like working in a mall setting dealing with long work schedule.

Very

Current Employee - General Accounting in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - General Accounting in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very good company to work for. All employees are friendsy. They offers great benefits and great discounts.

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement if you start at an entry level. Can take you a while to advance in your career because very low employee turnover

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Operations Professional
    Former Employee - Operations Professional

I worked at Tiffany & Co. part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unbelievable discount on current items and discontinued items on the employee store.

Cons

Lack of teamwork, communication and professionalism. Inadequate training. Lots of gossip and mocking of co-workers. No one willingly helps you or wants you to succeed. Customers expect everything to be free.

Supervise seasonal workers more because they are treated poorly and it's your job to train them; not a computer or dissatisfied co-workers.

Ops

Former Employee - Ops
    Former Employee - Ops

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-History of the company
    -Beautiful products
    -Nice customers

Cons

-Low pay; benefits suck (yes, they offer benefits but you need to contribute a significant amount each week. Lame!).

- Point system for people who have family emergencies and can't make it to work. WOW. And I though the company cared about it's people???

-My store had some questionable managers. I always felt silently critiqued by one in particular. She expected every employee to be dressed to the nines with a face full of makeup, hair straightened to oblivion. Any deviation from such from the ladies, and you got THE LOOK. Obnoxious. I came everyday with clothes clean and pressed and adhered to dress code. That's enough for me. I'd walk by her and FEEL her eyes on me. Whatever. I don't get paid enough to wear a different Dior and Versace suit everyday with Louboutin heels.

-Cliques within my store. No sense of shared mission and teamwork as was promised in training. Lots of crap talking and gossip amongst employees and even some management. I though I left high school behind a decade ago???!!!

-Crazy work load in Ops. Yet salespeople and management get to gossip and talk amongst themselves during downtime. Huh?

-The employee discount is fine but it makes you realize what a mark up there is with items in the store. I'll never buy full price from Tiffany's, that's for sure (not that I ever did).

-Hours are nuts. Working a full day (8hrs) means being there 9 hours to account for an hour lunch break. Do I ever get to go home????

-Training was very disorganized and scattered. They need to tighten that ship up so people feel prepared for their first day on the job.

-The IT at Tiffany & Co. is like circa 1990. Very outdated UI and POS system. Laughable for a billion dollar company.

It's ok but just ok.

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Miami, FL

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits until last year.

Cons

micromanaging blue hell.
    Rude management that treat you like you born yesterday.
    you get sick time off but if you take more than 10 days they can terminate your employment.
    they will promise wonderful positions and great potential with your commission don't believe a thing only the people that can play politics will maked it anywhere, If you are a great employee but don't play politics you worth nothing,

Entrepreneurial ideas dis-encouraged.
    Stop with the micromanaging and hire people that can do their job without having to be reminded of their duty's constantly by managers that clearly have a lot of time in their hands and could be supporting us.

Tiffany & Co. Photos