Tiffany & Co.

Updated January 13, 2015
2.9

Tiffany & Co. Chairman and CEO Michael J. Kowalski
Michael J. Kowalski

Pros
  • If you are looking for a stable place with good benefits this is a good place for you (in 28 reviews)

• The employee discount was really nice since all of the jewelry there is overpriced (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, culture is horrible, continuous power struggle with senior management (in 10 reviews)

• Graded harshly on everything by upper management on how you acknowledge a customer to challenges making sales targets (in 15 reviews)

More Highlights

Very

Current Employee - General Accounting in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - General Accounting in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very good company to work for. All employees are friendsy. They offers great benefits and great discounts.

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement if you start at an entry level. Can take you a while to advance in your career because very low employee turnover

Ops

Former Employee - Ops
    Former Employee - Ops

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-History of the company
    -Beautiful products
    -Nice customers

Cons

-Low pay; benefits suck (yes, they offer benefits but you need to contribute a significant amount each week. Lame!).

- Point system for people who have family emergencies and can't make it to work. WOW. And I though the company cared about it's people???

-My store had some questionable managers. I always felt silently critiqued by one in particular. She expected every employee to be dressed to the nines with a face full of makeup, hair straightened to oblivion. Any deviation from such from the ladies, and you got THE LOOK. Obnoxious. I came everyday with clothes clean and pressed and adhered to dress code. That's enough for me. I'd walk by her and FEEL her eyes on me. Whatever. I don't get paid enough to wear a different Dior and Versace suit everyday with Louboutin heels.

-Cliques within my store. No sense of shared mission and teamwork as was promised in training. Lots of crap talking and gossip amongst employees and even some management. I though I left high school behind a decade ago???!!!

-Crazy work load in Ops. Yet salespeople and management get to gossip and talk amongst themselves during downtime. Huh?

-The employee discount is fine but it makes you realize what a mark up there is with items in the store. I'll never buy full price from Tiffany's, that's for sure (not that I ever did).

-Hours are nuts. Working a full day (8hrs) means being there 9 hours to account for an hour lunch break. Do I ever get to go home????

-Training was very disorganized and scattered. They need to tighten that ship up so people feel prepared for their first day on the job.

-The IT at Tiffany & Co. is like circa 1990. Very outdated UI and POS system. Laughable for a billion dollar company.

Very professional company to work with.

Current Employee - Sales Professional in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in New York, NY

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very professional to work for, provide good benefit.

Cons

Don't have any thing to say yet.

It's ok but just ok.

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in Miami, FL

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good benefits until last year.

Cons

micromanaging blue hell.
    Rude management that treat you like you born yesterday.
    you get sick time off but if you take more than 10 days they can terminate your employment.
    they will promise wonderful positions and great potential with your commission don't believe a thing only the people that can play politics will maked it anywhere, If you are a great employee but don't play politics you worth nothing,

Entrepreneurial ideas dis-encouraged.
    Stop with the micromanaging and hire people that can do their job without having to be reminded of their duty's constantly by managers that clearly have a lot of time in their hands and could be supporting us.

Best Customer service job I've had.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Tiffany & Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They take care of their employees, and will train you for 5 weeks. Everyone is extremely helpful. The flagship location was especially great to work at.

Cons

Very specific in how they want you to represent the company.

amazing,learned so much about jewelry and opperations

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. as a contractor

Pros

Good on resume,
    builds character compensation is great

Cons

not many cons,I enjoyed my time there

focus more on the employees as well as the customers both should be equally important

Material Specialist

I worked at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

Great company to work for.
    Amazing work environment.
    Managers are very friendly and supportive.

Cons

The Salary was low in NYC.

Great learning experience

Current Employee - Compliance Engineer in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Compliance Engineer in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great learning expierience
    Competitive wages
    Good team environment

Cons

No bonus, not much room for growth within the company.

There is a major problem with the culture of the manufacturing side of the business

Current Employee - Staff Professional in Cumberland, RI
    Current Employee - Staff Professional in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at Tiffany & Co. full-time

Pros

- A real pleasure to work with non-management manufacturing associates. Friendships that I have been developed, that will last a lifetime.

Cons

- There is a High turn over of manufacturing staff professional positions which is covered up due to the metrics in place.
    - Very "Me-type" of environment. If you have a good idea and move into a smooth running project, Directors and Managers will just take over to further their careers at your expense and offer no support or recognition.
    - The school yard approach of selecting management positions. Select yes men favorites over talent and experience.

- Manufacturing leadership should encourage great ideas and breakdown barriers for great projects in order to develop careers not take them over at the last stages and take all the credit.
    - The "Do as I say, not as I do" approach, is an old philosophy that destroys your credibility as a leader with your reports.

Horrendous!

I have been working at Tiffany & Co.

Pros

I. Can't. Name. Five.
    Beautiful product
    History

Cons

They do not respect or care about their employees. They will measure your skirt to make sure it is long enough to your knees while favorites can wear minis! They favor men. They abuse their employees emotionally produce more or we will fire you.

Your product is beautiful you can respect your employees it will create for a happier environment. The best decision I made was to leave !

Tiffany & Co. Photos