Tigard-Tualatin School District

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Ernest Brown

Love the small town district!

Substitute (Current Employee)
    Tualatin, OR

ProsIt has a really nice small town feel :)

ConsThe atmosphere between schools is VERY different!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more welcoming to the public and on-call staff.

The work was fantastic, if you were placed with the right team.

Substitute Food Service Assistant (Former Employee)
    Tigard, OR

ProsI simply LOVED working there, because serving lunch to the kids is one of my favorite jobs! The teams I was placed with were friendly, for the most part, and helpful to me as a newcomer. It was great to be sent back to the same place more than once (I was a substitute helper), and to learn I'd been asked for by name. The staff are always good at making sure the children behave well in the cafeteria, and the Tigard-Tualatin School District is the best in the world.

I'd go back in a heart-beat, except standing for hours at a time is no longer my forte. But I definitely recommend the job for anyone in need of a lift, because the kids will always give you that. :)

ConsOne challenge I found at this job was being placed with a few people who are not willing to work with anyone new. But these are few and far between. The other was having only a few hours of work at any given assignment. But I feel sure this would have lessened over time. Of course, standing for 4 hours in a row is difficult for some people. Other than that I can't think of anything really negative about the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the food service workers at each school retain their team attitude as they become used to their position, so that substitutes are not alienated. Provide more thick plastic aprons for each dishwasher. Request feedback from each substitute at each assignment.

The place where educators go to die

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people in the schools and helping kids makes this a really worth wild company to work for.

ConsTo many decisions are based solely on who suggested the idea, for example you could give a great presentation to show the benefits of a program and get shot down. The administrators friend could propose the same idea weeks later and become head of the program. Lot's of nepotism going on here.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone has been there for 20 years doesn't

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A drain on my life............................but not enitrely

Building Monitor (Former Employee)
    Tualatin, OR

ProsPretty diescent wage and hours, Teacher staff and MOST building users are great to work with, Simple job tasks, at least one of the three supervisors was good to work with

ConsIMMENSE lack of feedback, could be called up at random if another employee ditches their job, being on your own most of the time, a few (but certainly not all) building users are difficult to deal with

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's see how should I put this? Oh OK now I've got the exact words...................................INVEST MORE TIME INTO EVALUATING YOUR EMPLOYEES FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!

Godd place to start

Building Monitor (Current Employee)
    Tigard, OR

ProsExcellent beginner part-time work, hours are not too bad, above average part-time pay

Conshours (though not too bad) can be unpredictable, isolated most of the time during work

Advice to Senior ManagementMore inspection of employee performance needed, other than that it's a pretty good job

Worked for Tigard-Tualatin School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tigard-Tualatin School District reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tigard-Tualatin School District CEO Ernest Brown. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Tigard-Tualatin School District employees.