Tilly's

www.tillys.com

Tilly's Reviews in Irvine, CA

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Daniel Griesemer

Pros
  • Its a great first job for some in high school or just getting out of college(in 9 reviews)

• Fun environment, coworkers were like family, learned a lot about sales and merchandising(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay was minimum wage which was horrendous for the amount of work that I was required to do(in 5 reviews)

• If there is more than one assistant manager on the team, don't expect the pay to be even and fair(in 7 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

First Job

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros. Met some great people
    . Some managers actually care about well-being of employees
    . 40% off every season

Cons.Met some not so great people who only care about themselves and their sales goals
    . Management does have favorites
    . Discount is low compared to other retailers
    .No room for growth ; One associate is still a lead and has been for 4 years

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't believe everything management tells you as some views are skewed.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fun and casual but beware of nepotism.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsA fun office atmosphere with lots of variety and lively people. Casual attire and relatively good benefits. Company events are usually a good time as well.

ConsNepotism runs rampant. Not much room for promotion within the company despite many stellar performance reviews for many of my coworkers.

Sales Associate

Tilly's (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsLearned how to fold clothing. Store Manager was really helpful and nice.

ConsHorrible sale's floor management. Really negative/unhealthy work environment where I was constantly attacked by shift supervisor's for simple things. I was really happy to leave this place and work at a retail position where they actually treat you with respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the ranking system. It turns employees against each other and turns things into a mess when someone steals someone else's sale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun company to work for

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsCool parties, perks, discounts, atmosphere

ConsThey really need to upgrade their systems and come up with a better approach to ecom

Tilly's is great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsCasual work environment and atmosphere. Employees are have laid back attitudes. Management is very respectful to employee's outside commitments and obligations.

ConsAverage pay is below average but to most employees this is outweighed by the overall atmosphere of the work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest not hiring so many members of upper management from other companies that have gone out of business.

If It's Not Here, It's Not Happening

Programmer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsAs a programmer, it was cool working at Tilly's. I worked pretty hard, but I hardly had to work OT. I got a lot of respect. Basically if you work hard and well, you get treated right.

ConsCompany uses outdata software. For a programmer, this is terrible. They say they are not a tech company and that is the reason behind that.

Advice to Senior ManagementTilly's needs to understand that the latest software for their development team in the long run helps because then they can create more agile, sleeker applications.

Worked for Tilly's? Contribute to the Community!