Tilt.com

CEO

Amazing and Inspirational Place to Work

Current Employee - Head to Talent  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Head to Talent in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Team members are encouraged to challenge themselves and to raise the bar in everything they do. Leadership makes employees feel like they have a stake in the company's success and we celebrate wins in meaningful ways. The company has amazing perks/benefits including catered lunch/dinner, Tilt Parties, Anniversary Gifts, Gym Stipend etc.

Cons

At times, you may feel as though there should be a little more structure. This is due to moving super fast.

Keep hiring amazing people that share their vision

Building amazing things with people I truly enjoy working with

Current Employee - Developer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The most meaningful job I've ever had with the compensation and perks to match. Extremely competitive pay, catered lunch and dinner, bi-monthly happy hours, and monthly team outings (go karts, rock climbing, etc.). Merit-based promotions come often and many executive roles (VP of Technology, COO, etc.) have been filled from within. There's also opportunity for lateral movement in roles: eg: designer -> PM, engineer -> PM, etc.

Cons

There are some times when a great opportunity pops up and needs to be jumped on outside of normal working hours. The general culture of the company is to get it done, but it might not be right for those aiming for a 9-5 role.

Amazing team and world-changing product

Current Employee - Growth Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Growth Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Working at Tilt is the best! It's truly amazing to come to a job everyday where I have the opportunity to work with a brilliant team on a world-changing product. I feel blessed to work on a product that my friends and family use everyday to make their lives better and more memorable. There's a infinite career growth and I feel like my manager cares about what I want to work on and how I want to improve. Lastly, I love that we have awesome startup perks (gym subsidy, ping pong table, video games, open bar, free lunch and dinner, snacks, etc) and a solid health plan.

Cons

None so far. If you do your work and the results are solid, you're all good.

Keep up the great work. :)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hyper Growth Startup

Pros

- The culture really embodies the mission of the company - to make amazing things happen. Everyone is super unique, driven and is playing a crucial role in growing the business
    - Flexible work schedule and org structure - you work on what you feel like is going to create the biggest impact
    - Great investors and advisors

Cons

- You get what you sign up for in any startup (could be a plus to some people) : uncertainty of the future, shifting priorities, no formalized review process.

Amazing team and product!

Current Employee - Customer Love  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Love in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The team at Crowdtilt is comprised of incredibly intelligent, dedicated, creative and friendly people. I've learned a ton in a relatively short time and love working with such a cool product that helps people make amazing things happen. I feel like my ideas are heard and that my opinion truly matters. Great environment overall.

Cons

Get ready to work hard, but it's worth every minute.

Shady Leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great advisors on board. Their high profile has attracted top talent.

Cons

Culture is not what it seems. Leadership is incredibly shady.

Be transparent with your intentions. Do not fear those who think differently than you.

Growth

Current Employee - Growth Team  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Growth Team in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Amazing autonomy. Results driven environment with long-term view. Incredibly positive, kind, humble and competent people. Definitely a young and active group with the work hard/play hard mentality. Founders are very charismatic and there is no sense of entitlement or arrogance within a single team.

Cons

You are going to make a huge dent in the universe. Only apply if you are ready for this.

Brilliant people, Brilliant product, Awesome place to work.

Former Employee - Front End Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

My experience at Crowdtilt was that of a very strong positive culture. Its more like being part of a family than a business. The synergy from this culture drives business decisions and organizational practices. Every team member is highly valued and equally compensated.

The benefits are great. They have catered lunch and dinner which is always super healthy and helps cut personal expenses. During my time there they had a Masseuse come in once a month and give everyone massages to straighten out posture. They also had weekly Yoga classes at the office.

Speaking from an engineers point of view. Their engineering team is very strong and has strong leadership. The engineering culture promotes risk taking and fosters innovation. The engineering team was very collaborative and always helping each other grow and learn as one entity.

I eventually left Crowdtilt to found another company with a group of colleagues It was a very hard decision because of the family dynamic I touched on above. I still keep in contact with the Crowdtilt team and they invite me to their events.

Cons

Part of the reason I left is because there was no clear cultural stance on remote work. I needed schedule flexibility to deal with some personal growth outside office hours. This was readily available at my next venture.

An amazing place to push the envelope of crowdfunding, with an incredibly passionate, dedicated, and talented team.

Current Employee - Growth Team  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Growth Team in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Everyone you work with here is so incredibly humble, talented, hardworking and passionate. This is true from developers to non-technical members -- and it's incredibly rare to find this humble and inspiring of a culture! The leaders have a huge vision, and every day you can see the lives we're touching and the ways we're breaking down the boundaries of crowdfunding for everyone. From helping the world raise $129,000 in 3 days to send the Jamaican Bobsled Team to Sochi, to helping college students do more together in terms of late-night tailgates, parties and outings, it's a truly priceless experience. Even in the most stressful times it doesn't really feel like work -- there's such a great support system, synergy between team members, and passion for what we do.

In terms of benefits, we get lots of flexibility: free vacation hours, no set schedule, hackations (an innovation idea where you can go anywhere in the world to "hack" on a highly-focused project, and the company will pay for lodging during your stay), the best snacks (!), two round-trip tickets to anywhere in the world when you reach your 1-year anniversary, and more.

Cons

- We get catered lunch and dinner. ..This is mostly a pro but it can make it kind of hard to keep a diet. (http://instagram.com/crowdtilt)
    - Like all startups, it can be stressful. Tight deadlines, juggling lots of projects, and extremely high expectations for the product that we deliver to our users. But the silver lining is the comraderie, satisfaction of being part of a great product, and how much closer you get to your colleagues through this.

Worked for Tilt.com? Contribute to the Community!