Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

Updated November 13, 2014
3.5

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery President Ron Lynch
Ron Lynch

Favorite restaurant I've worked for!

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

Pros

Very little (& easy) side work, Laidback atmosphere, fast hiring process, scheduling flexibility, company you can grow with

Cons

Drama among coworkers (bound to happen!), being subject to sexism by guests, no automatic gratuity for large parties

It would be helpful to us (the kilt girls) if automatic gratuity was available to us, since a lot of guests come from other countries that do not tip at restaurants. It can completely ruin a day of work when you've been waiting on a large group of people for hours, only to receive 10% (or even less sometimes!). Please consider this.

Great company to work for, and dine with!

Current Employee - Bartender, Calendar Girl in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Bartender, Calendar Girl in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the most important aspects when I look for with work is hands-on management, and a family dynamic with the staff. I've worked at three Tilted Kilt pubs, and all of them have both of those aspects. For a newbie or a first time guest, the costume may be the only thing you notice, but over time, both our coworkers and our regular guests become like family, and create this culture that is just irreplaceable.

Cons

Here are the cons: It is a job in which your attitude directly determines your altitude. Those with bad attitudes, or as we like to call them, "SASSIEs," will struggle, while those with great attitudes and warm personalities (CASSIE) tend to thrive in this fun, hospitable environment.

Best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed environment, great coworkers, opportunity to get to know guests, little effort but good pay, great opportunities, corporate is fantastic, sports all the time!

Cons

Not anything that needs to be addressed.

Keep it up!

Amazing place to be!

Current Employee - Bartender in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Bartender in Orange, CA

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than an year)

Pros

An amazing company to work for! Such a fun environment!

Cons

Staying in shape! The food is amazing am I'm always wanting to eat :)

The staff & corporate are wonderful!

fun but twisted

Current Employee - Server/Bartender
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fun high-volume environment
    fun coworkers
    cute outfits
    good money

Cons

sexual harassment
    spiteful scheduling
    catty girls
    management is unorganized and two-faced

work/life balance sucks if you're actually good at your job, all the girls perform so terribly if you're actually good you can't get a day off

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It sounds like there may be some opportunities that need to be addressed with your Pub. For starters, we have a zero tolerance sexual harassment ... More

Depends on Your Location

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company it self has good training when opening a store. Friend in Myrtle Beach does well, but not all locations have the best business.

Cons

Once Corp. left when the store opened, things started to fall apart and the owners were never interested in investing money into the location to meet corporate standards. Not busy enough to make enough money to live on. Location of this store is not the best area.

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It sounds like there may be some opportunities that need to be addressed with your Pub, and from your review I'm not sure which location you ... More

Not your normal job

Former Employee - Line Cook in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will work with you while you go to school or have another job

Cons

They will let you in to see if you are "one of them". If you are the best of times to you, but if you disagree with them to often, your time there all be awful. Pay raises are very very hard to come by.

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience at the Jacksonville location. It sounds like there may be some opportunities that need to be addressed with your Pub. We would ... More

4 years i was number 42 yes 42 manager u get the picture

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (less than an year)

Pros

none, I would highly recommend stay away.

Cons

everything under the sun sorry i don't have all day looking for another job now.

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review about Tilted Kilt. I'm not sure what you mean by "42 manager" as we do not have a ranking scale. This review was not very helpful in helping ... More

I very much enjoyed my employment at the Tilted Kilt, however management left much to be desired.

Former Employee - Bartender
    Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere was light hearted and fun for the most part. It's a terrific sports bar and at the bar we had terrific regulars. The money was good and I made some lifelong friendships while working there.

Cons

Management is a challenge. They are not cohesive among themselves, they communicate poorly among themselves and with the staff, and they consistently bring their "baggage" with them to work while expecting their staff to leave theirs at home. Upper management and the ownership also seem extremely hesitant to reinvest money into improving and fixing their money maker, the bar.

Work to communicate better to your staff and among one another. Show your employees that you truly appreciate them. Turn over in this industry is always high, particularly at "breastaurants". However the extraordinary turn over at a place that is so profitable to much of the staff indicates that management is out of touch with their staff. Changes need to be made at the top if you want to see things turn around.

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave this well-written review, and for also working with the company for so long... that's awesome! :) It sounds like there may be some opportunities that need to ... More

Great Company to work

Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery part-time (less than an year)

Pros

great pay, nice customers, short training process, easy to move up within restaurant, full time and part time hours, close knit work environment

Cons

conflicts with scheduling, favoritism, the uniforms (especially when you gain weight), foreigners, and no gratuity

Nov 11, 2014Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback, as well as for the 4 stars. We are happy you enjoy working for Tilted Kilt. It sounds like there may be some opportunities that need to be addressed ... More

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Photos

Kerry, Dwayne, Cory
Ashley filling out an application!
4 of our 2015 Calendar girls