Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

Ron Lynch

fun but twisted

Current Employee - Server/Bartender
    Current Employee - Server/Bartender

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fun high-volume environment
    fun coworkers
    cute outfits
    good money

Cons

sexual harassment
    spiteful scheduling
    catty girls
    management is unorganized and two-faced

work/life balance sucks if you're actually good at your job, all the girls perform so terribly if you're actually good you can't get a day off

Depends on Your Location

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company it self has good training when opening a store. Friend in Myrtle Beach does well, but not all locations have the best business.

Cons

Once Corp. left when the store opened, things started to fall apart and the owners were never interested in investing money into the location to meet corporate standards. Not busy enough to make enough money to live on. Location of this store is not the best area.

Not your normal job

Former Employee - Line Cook in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will work with you while you go to school or have another job

Cons

They will let you in to see if you are "one of them". If you are the best of times to you, but if you disagree with them to often, your time there all be awful. Pay raises are very very hard to come by.

I very much enjoyed my employment at the Tilted Kilt, however management left much to be desired.

Former Employee - Bartender
    Former Employee - Bartender

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere was light hearted and fun for the most part. It's a terrific sports bar and at the bar we had terrific regulars. The money was good and I made some lifelong friendships while working there.

Cons

Management is a challenge. They are not cohesive among themselves, they communicate poorly among themselves and with the staff, and they consistently bring their "baggage" with them to work while expecting their staff to leave theirs at home. Upper management and the ownership also seem extremely hesitant to reinvest money into improving and fixing their money maker, the bar.

Work to communicate better to your staff and among one another. Show your employees that you truly appreciate them. Turn over in this industry is always high, particularly at "breastaurants". However the extraordinary turn over at a place that is so profitable to much of the staff indicates that management is out of touch with their staff. Changes need to be made at the top if you want to see things turn around.

4 years i was number 42 yes 42 manager u get the picture

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (less than an year)

Pros

none, I would highly recommend stay away.

Cons

everything under the sun sorry i don't have all day looking for another job now.

It's a Job

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a job and kinda pays the bills

Cons

long hours, little family life

Great Company to work

Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery part-time (less than an year)

Pros

great pay, nice customers, short training process, easy to move up within restaurant, full time and part time hours, close knit work environment

Cons

conflicts with scheduling, favoritism, the uniforms (especially when you gain weight), foreigners, and no gratuity

At least I got an awesome bra

Former Employee - Entertainer in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Entertainer in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's kind of fun to run around a restaurant of blue collared men in a silly costume. Waiting tables at a popular restaurant always gave me a pile of cash.

Cons

The shoes made me quit. My feet were bruised, and I tried everything to make them work. I also over bleached the arm pit stains on the top and the bleach ate thru the fabric. I also quit because I didn't want to ask for another one. Only 2-3 tables per shift. Perks included: discounted food and free wonder bra. I managed to stay out of the girly drama and actually found it entertaining. If you were really hot you can get in the calendar that all the gross customers buy, and then the restaurant debuts you like a celebrity and then your face and boobs are on billboards for all of your professors and cousins to see.

Don't hire so many people. Don't brand people.

Best place I have ever worked

I have been working at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery

Pros

Awesome bar, a ton of craft beers, over 40 TV's, great staff. Excited to be part of the beginning of something amazing! Grand opening June 4th 2014

Cons

No complaints yet :) Grand opening is right around the Corner and we couldn't be more excited!!

Keep it up

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Response

Jul 10, 2014Community Manager

Thank you very much for this review! We are excited as well for the new Pub opening. :)

Fun,fast-paced, but no shortage of drama

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery part-time (more than an year)

Pros

On big game or fight nights it's super busy, the guests are drinking and super chill, and you leave with bank! It's work, but it does pay off when those guests you worked super hard to please come back on a slow Wednesday morning to sit in your section. The schedule is super flexible as well.

Cons

Some days can be really slow and you leave with practically nothing. It's all girls so of course someone has to stir up drama. Sometimes management shows favoritism to certain people. There will be those token creepy guys who think they can date you. Some girls are really young with little responsibility so don't think anything of it to just not show up for work- which can mean you have to stay longer or now there are less girls on the floor

Don't play favorites. If she isn't pulling her weight stop ignoring it!

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Response

Jul 10, 2014Community Manager

Thank you for giving us the heads up on what is happening at your location. A manager should never play favorites like that and we would really like to hear more about this so we can take steps to ... More

Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery Photos

Kerry, Dwayne, Cory
Ashley filling out an application!
4 of our 2015 Calendar girls