Tim Hortons

Updated November 20, 2014
3.2

Tim Hortons Chairman and Interim CEO Paul D. House
Paul D. House

Pros
  • Flexible hours, learning new skills, working with a diverse team (in 36 reviews)

• Good job to learn how to urea a customer and help develop customer service skills (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are hired, the starting salary is minimum wage and the raises are at (in 22 reviews)

• Need lots of patience to handle rude customers (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Job In The World!!!

Current Employee - Donut Tester
    Current Employee - Donut Tester

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Low wages and no benefits, what more could you ask for! After I pay my bills there is no money left for food, one less worry. Soon we can all work in the service industry. I love everything about the service industry except the people! If you like donuts this is the job for you or you could become a cop. The police get free coffee and donuts, can't expect them to pay, they only make a $100,000 a year. All pumped up on sugar, lets go taser somebody. Bookem Dano!!!

Cons

I'm lovin it!!! Sorry wrong company.

Fire me, please!!!

Fun Place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Oxford, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier in Oxford, MI

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time (more than an year)

Pros

fun people, easy, fast paced, team work, smells fantastic

Cons

on your feet, some younger kids can be gossipy.

great manager, bad company

Former Employee - Crew Member
    Former Employee - Crew Member

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the manager I had gave me a set schedule, time off when I had health problems and the workload was fairly light

Cons

I offered to help out when staff was short for overnights and was never taken off them- there was no discussion of being put back on my regular shift. The overnighters were also told at one point they were not allowed to have phones on them which is a safety issue when going to an outside freezer at night alone.

appreciate overnighters more, find harder workers for second shift

Great first job!

I worked at Tim Hortons

Pros

Learn how to multi-task, adapt to fast-paced environments, follow direction with and without supervision

Cons

Little opportunity to advance beyond cashier or baker

Current Employee

Current Employee - Team Member in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Team Member in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a good place to have your first job, its not too demanding and the people that work there are wonderful. Their first priority is the customer no matter what. They will do anything to make the company happy. It's an easy to learn job. Scheduling is very flexible, and they are very good with giving you time off.

Cons

It can get stressful, mainly during the morning shift. This is when it becomes difficult because (at least at my location) my managers are so concerned with the drive-thru times, they lack in hospitality. It is also difficult for the rest of the employees when our managers are constantly yelling about the time, I think it makes us less efficient.

I think they need to worry more about the needs of the employees and how they are treated. Customers are important but without your employees you can't serve the customers.

Great place to start working. Friendly environment

I worked at Tim Hortons

Pros

Very fast pace makes the day go faster. Meeting new people every day. Lots of friendly people. Great training as well

Cons

The wages are not that great but that's to be expected it is a fast food restaurant. It can get very heated sometimes with the ruSh of customer

Horrible, draining and belittling!

Current Employee - Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Tim Hortons full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers and some customers other than that there are no pros for this company! I do not recommend this company at all!

Cons

Owners are horrible people that only care about the money not the ones making it for them. TDL has way too many promos come out at once!

I was the only manager out of the three locations that actually work with the team on the floor to get the job done and help! I stood up for my Co-workers and was disrespected because of it! The higher you move up the more disrespected they treated you. The owner are disgusting human being and would speak to you like you ment nothing to them! I got NO perks for being a manager. My staff are over worked and under paid. Some havnt received raises for years no matter how hard I fought for them.

The owner was the spawn of satan!!!

Current Employee - Storefront in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Storefront in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Second job
    Night shift
    Good hours at first but overworked feeling works in..
    Free donuts and coffee !

Cons

Management is all good but the franchise owner makes me not want to represent this brand .. He's demanding, he screams at his workers to the point they run out historically crying and never come back .. One lady never even showed up for her first shift because she felt so intimidated at interview ... The owner also is very loose on his standards in the restaurant and makes everyone's life more difficult ... He needs to be consistent with procedure ...whatever that procedure maybe be .... Very unprofessional to the point we have had no night supervisor for Atleast 6 months because the fact is managers get the shortest end of the stick from the owner .. It's gotten to the point I have no clue how he has been in business for so long when his standards are the equivalent of a jungle ... The brands training videos are so out of touch from storefront operation ... It's a sad sad place to work with crappy donuts. Sorry not sorry

Do more investigating with your owners because he is a prime example why most Tim hortons cannot keep employees ... He screams and yells makes employees feel like a pile of dirt to the point you can't bite your tongue any longer .. And I am not afraid of anyone who sits back and doesn't do work besides updating his Facebook status .. I have no clue how he has been in business for so long when his standards are the equivalent of a jungle

Ok Place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier
    Former Employee - Customer Service Cashier

I worked at Tim Hortons part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was not a bad place to start working and the people were nice to me. They did a good job training me

Cons

This was a decent place and I can't really say anything too bad about them

fun for a while

Former Employee - Store Front/Baker in Narragansett Pier, RI
    Former Employee - Store Front/Baker in Narragansett Pier, RI

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved baking at night, I was able to work by myself to achieve the pars. The money was OK, extra bonus cash everyday from tips

Cons

But towards the end of the shift, after the store opened was my busiest time 8-10, it was difficult to "switch" modes at that point and do customer service etc..

My manager was very childish and would gossip and judge all the customers which obviously makes me think she did the same to me when I turned my back

Tim Hortons Photos