Tim Hortons Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Updated August 13, 2014

3.2

Tim Hortons Chairman and Interim CEO Paul D. House
Paul D. House

Pros
  • Flexible hours, learning new skills, working with a diverse team (in 31 reviews)

• Good job to learn how to urea a customer and help develop customer service skills (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Could be quite stressful at times, especially for a minimum wage job (in 18 reviews)

• fast-paced environment , coffee culture (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun at work

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Tim Hortons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Met friends
    Learned a lot of valuable skills
    Easy to move up

Cons

Owners are cheap and don't get equipment fixed quickly
    Teenage drama

Stop being so cheap and when something breaks or gets old, get it fixed so our job is easier!

OK

Current Employee - Store Front Cashier  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Store Front Cashier in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok if you're lucky to have decent managers/supervisors. Good first job/to gain experience. Also super flexible for giving me the days/holidays off I request!

Cons

They hire literally anyone-though most employees nice/hard working, some I just couldn't stand! Also too much stress on 'times' etc. - so speed would cause quality of service to be crap

Understand we cannot get speed of service down under a certain point without quality of service suffering! This system is clearly not working...

Tough to lean everything but was fine

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time for more than a year

Pros

50% off food and that's about it
    50% off food and that's about it

Cons

Lots of things to learn, they expect you to be a very fast learner. Also, your co-workers can be tough on you.

Be more patient

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good first job

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Depends on which Franchise you work at. The one I worked for the staff was friendly and most definitely a team enviornment.
    Fun while I was younger.

Cons

Pay is lower than working in a restaurant doing the same type of work.
    No real career opportunities working at store locations other than staying within that store and becoming a supervisor/manager
    Uniforms are just plain ugly

Keep doing what you're doing

Decent starting job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Langley, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC (Canada)

I worked at Tim Hortons part-time for less than a year

Pros

They're a good company to work for if you're just starting work (i.e. After school job) Good colleagues, fast paced, physically active. You get to meet a lot of different & interesting people.

Cons

Ineffectual management from the franchise owner. Disorganized & poor planning skills, so we were always running out of stock. Would have been better if owner had delegated more responsibilities to some of the senior employees, cuz those women were amazing! The company itself is not bad to work for...

Be more selective about who you sell the franchises to. Some people were just not meant to be in charge, no matter how much money they paid in.

Flexible Hours

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Team Member in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Tim Hortons full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's really flexible company, good hours, partially good management, and a good experience for beginners

Cons

No opportunities for advancement, fluctuation of pay, no raise , and not enough training

Store needs improvement in handling their "workers".

An OK work environment

Former Employee - Student Worker  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Student Worker in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Tim Hortons part-time

Pros

Easy job, good manager, clear scheduling,

Cons

Can be very busy some times, tedious work

Fun and culturally diverse workplace! Funny Coworkers make a difference to your day!

Current Employee - Store Front Position  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Store Front Position in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Tim Hortons part-time for more than a year

Pros

Close working atmosphere with other coworkers. Flexible and accomodating shifts.
    At my location, everyone gets along. Coworkers spend time with eachother outside of the workplace and there are always new stories with our returning customers. I am lucky to work at a good location, coworkers are friendly, usually good customers and good management.
    Business is good, its always busy so time goes fast and there is always something to do. To me it is a pleasure to be part of the staff because I like to stay engaged with customers all the time and keep in touch with the other employees around me.
    Since I have worked there for 2 years, I understand what customers want and I know whats going on in their minds and communicate and we work cohesivelly as a Timmy Family.

Cons

The only downsides I could think of if you are a Baker who works in the back, you have to experience cold freezing temperatures while staging the baked goods from the freezer. It is freezing even when you wear your winter jacket. Bakers sometimes do not have the time to get breaks, because Tim Hortons is usually always busy that the baked goods on muffin/donut/cookie racks run out pretty fast. This is very stressful which causes the baker to make many baked goods at once, trying to multi-task working in the back alone that they hardly get time to take a break. Bakers have a choice to have a break but most of the time they are dedicated to their tasks and chose not to take one because they do not want to fall behind.
    If you work in the back and not in store front is the only stressful part I could think of.
    Anyways, I think this is a great for anybody to start their first job and to meet customers, make friends with coworkers.

Management could scheduele several bakers during the same shift to reduce stress for busy periods and allow break time and job rotations for employees.
    Bakers have strange shifts and sometimes start 4AM in the morning that they must dedicate to alter in their lifestyle, so they deserve a little rest here and there.

May be Not going back

Former Employee - Tim Hortons Team Member  in  Victoria, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Tim Hortons Team Member in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at Tim Hortons full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its good to have Donut and coffee free

Cons

Long standing hours, minimum wage

Nothing to say about it

Disorganized Company

Former Employee - Store Clerk  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Store Clerk in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Tim Hortons part-time for less than a year

Pros

Attracts a lot of fun and nice people to work there, atmosphere is quite casual, they offer a lot of hours, district managers come in regularly to oversee things

Cons

Despite efforts from management, the state of the store was very disorganized. Everyone is constantly running around and staff are asked to be constantly extremely busy. Immediately after training you are expected to be able to work entirely on your own, and people assigned to train you are often unsure of how to do so, leaving you confused and uncertain of your tasks.

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!