Timberhorn Staffing Solutions

Updated Jan 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rex Kurzius

Great company to work for

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
Addison, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

ProsTimberhorn trusted I would be a great asset on the Project I was assigned

ConsThere are non. Every question was answered promptly

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue making your employees proud!

One of the better agencies

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI was placed on a contract for over 9 months and had a great relationship with my recruiter and account manager.

ConsWould have loved to get another contract assignment with Timberhorn but nothing was available.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Happy Hours and Client breadfasts. Those events helped me build better relationships with managers on my assignment.

Great Place to Work

Senior IT Recruiting and Sales (Current Employee)
Frisco, TX

I have been working at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThis company is awesome. I ahve worked here since the beginning and have watched the company grow from 4 employees to almost 200. The company was recently named the 25th fastest growing company in the US and the recruiting team won a Recruiting Team of the Year Award from DFWTRN and DFWSMA. Timberhorn was also named by the Dallas Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in DFW

ConsTimberhorn is growing rapidly and dealing with growing pains but they are able to address them quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sacrifice your company culture and continue your focus to build your client base.

New Company/ Still Learning

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Addison, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions as a contractor for more than a year

ProsFrom the beginning seemed like an awesome company to work for as they are vote as best place to work in the Dallas Journal

ConsTimberhorn is a new company which is learning how to manage contractors. Timberhorn frequently paid late out of my 13 months working there I was paid late at least 7 times. I have had to ask for them to send me a 1099 to file taxes and to date have not received one. They really don't know how to manage the relationship between the client and the contractor. If an issue arises they are unable to assist or bridge the gap with the client. They are pretty hands off once you start your contract. If you are extended past a year they will not re-negoitate your contract or rate. They recently started a 401k and deducted monies from our checks but after 4 months I have still received no information on the company or how to roll over the monies taken.

Great at placing people in correct jobs

DevOps Engineer (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsVery nice to work with, quick to respond, never had a issue with were they have placed me.

ConsNone that I can think off, has been a great company to work with.

Timberhorn, The reputation they are developing will hurt them

Employee (Former Employee)
Frisco, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsSome talented AM's that work hard. A strong lead recruiter and a few others that are keeping them afloat. The recruiters are the only good asset they have, if they can keep them or don't let them go.

ConsRed Flags about the ethical behavior of Leadership and HR. Leadership encourages you to cut corners...
If your not part of the inner circle and you don't show up to work then no job for you.
Revolving Door

Advice to Senior ManagementBe conscious of your reputation in our industry. (It is not good at all) Eventually you may slip and things for your business could spiral down. If other Recruiting firms know this now, then eventually your clients will catch on.

Recruiter

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time

ProsFun - upbeat environment. The company takes to heart a work-hard, play-hard environment. This company truly feels like a family - Everyone has a genuine interest in one another.

ConsHealth benefits are no bueno

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Worked for Timberhorn Staffing Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Timberhorn Staffing Solutions CEO Rex Kurzius . All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Timberhorn Staffing Solutions employees.