Timberhorn Staffing Solutions

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
2.9

Rex Kurzius

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Addison, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Timberhorn trusted I would be a great asset on the Project I was assigned

Cons

There are non. Every question was answered promptly

Continue making your employees proud!

Who is next?

Current Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free Food, Free Food, Free Food is ordered for the office often which is a nice amenity. Location is easy to get to and close to major highways. Building is well maintained and appears to be new.

Cons

Average Healthcare coverage, No Retirement (401K or IRA), average to below average comp plans, revolving door, recruiter run organization, frat house like. Delivery manager repeatedly raises voice and it's his way or the highway. Very loud environment to work in and the fact that people constantly throw things at you is annoying. Put on a front of best places to work yet continue to disappoint clients and fire talented recruiters and salespeople. Odds are when the right offer comes in this company will be acquired and leadership will walk away.

Please take a look at leadership and evaluate their performance. Entire office has the attitude of who is getting fired next. Encouraging a healthy working relationship between all employees is definitely needed.

NIGHTMARE, Don't work at Timberhorn!!

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

The only Pros huummm , If a beer keg, music and golden tee are your idea of fostering a successful career then OK that would be it. It's just window dressing to lure you in so they can very quickly seize your relationships/accounts and cut your throat if you don't fit their very unprofessional environment

Cons

They have this tracker that counts your calls. This is the master mind behind the throat cutting. The funny thing is the lairs have a way to trick the system. The culture is the worst I've ever seen. If honesty and integrity are high on your list, steer clear of these people.

Consider that you are affecting peoples lives,careers and families when you hire them. Have the decency to talk, grow and learn and solve any misconceptions about how business is going to be done. Don't continue to give the staffing industry a bad name by having a zero quality standards process

Wouldn't advise working with this company.

Former Employee - Business Development in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development in Frisco, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

The company culture can be fun at times, but you will see very questionable ethics and morals coming from the management team.

Cons

Absolute revolving door. The members of the management team are extremely hot headed and will push you out the door if you aren't part of their inner circle, regardless of if you work hard and meet quota or not.

Every employee is treated as if they can easily be replaced.

I was promised a lot of things when I first signed on, and the CEO went back on all of those things throughout the time of my employment.

Treat your employees fairly. Your reputation is out in industry. You have pushed a lot of great people out of the door.

One of the better agencies

Former Employee - Applications Developer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I was placed on a contract for over 9 months and had a great relationship with my recruiter and account manager.

Cons

Would have loved to get another contract assignment with Timberhorn but nothing was available.

Keep up the Happy Hours and Client breadfasts. Those events helped me build better relationships with managers on my assignment.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiting and Sales in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiting and Sales in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is awesome. I ahve worked here since the beginning and have watched the company grow from 4 employees to almost 200. The company was recently named the 25th fastest growing company in the US and the recruiting team won a Recruiting Team of the Year Award from DFWTRN and DFWSMA. Timberhorn was also named by the Dallas Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in DFW

Cons

Timberhorn is growing rapidly and dealing with growing pains but they are able to address them quickly.

Don't sacrifice your company culture and continue your focus to build your client base.

Great at placing people in correct jobs

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Very nice to work with, quick to respond, never had a issue with were they have placed me.

Cons

None that I can think off, has been a great company to work with.

New Company/ Still Learning

Former Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

From the beginning seemed like an awesome company to work for as they are vote as best place to work in the Dallas Journal

Cons

Timberhorn is a new company which is learning how to manage contractors. Timberhorn frequently paid late out of my 13 months working there I was paid late at least 7 times. I have had to ask for them to send me a 1099 to file taxes and to date have not received one. They really don't know how to manage the relationship between the client and the contractor. If an issue arises they are unable to assist or bridge the gap with the client. They are pretty hands off once you start your contract. If you are extended past a year they will not re-negoitate your contract or rate. They recently started a 401k and deducted monies from our checks but after 4 months I have still received no information on the company or how to roll over the monies taken.

Timberhorn, The reputation they are developing will hurt them

Former Employee - Employee in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some talented AM's that work hard. A strong lead recruiter and a few others that are keeping them afloat. The recruiters are the only good asset they have, if they can keep them or don't let them go.

Cons

Red Flags about the ethical behavior of Leadership and HR. Leadership encourages you to cut corners...
    If your not part of the inner circle and you don't show up to work then no job for you.
    Revolving Door

Be conscious of your reputation in our industry. (It is not good at all) Eventually you may slip and things for your business could spiral down. If other Recruiting firms know this now, then eventually your clients will catch on.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Timberhorn Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Fun - upbeat environment. The company takes to heart a work-hard, play-hard environment. This company truly feels like a family - Everyone has a genuine interest in one another.

Cons

Health benefits are no bueno

Keep up the great work