Timberland

www.timberland.com

Timberland Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Timberland – UK – “EHQ atrium”

Timberland Vice President, VF Corporation and Group President, Outdoor & Action Sports Americas Steve Rendle

Steve Rendle

Incredible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product, Great people... and many opportunities... Although that was a looong time ago! The brand seems to have maintained the integrity from when Jeffrey Schwartz was leading.

ConsSalary wasn't great...and there werent great opportunities for adjustments... and there was a LOT of pressure.

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou cannot beat the people and culture. Was there before and after the buy out and although things got tough it is still one of the best places to work. Everyone is super friendly, up beat and team players.

ConsNo cons--everything was a pro here

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within!

Awesome company that values its staff and customers and community

Customer Services (Current Employee)

ProsIn my time at Timberland I have progressed in my career, The people are great and since bought by VF we have more opportunities to grow into other Brands, Although we are being made Redundant as of 2014 the company has offered a great support to the employees

ConsChanges in systems when we migrated with VF, this bought new challenges and changes within the business

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be open and transparent with everyone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

awesome

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosproduct was great as well as employees

Consthere was none every one was great

Advice to Senior Managementpay the sales people more money it can be a fast past job to get done right

Good, was fun and simple

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Niagara Falls, NY

ProsFast, Fun and tons of guys

Conshigh shelves , and a lot of moment

Overall good company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsOffer a quality product and they really care about their employees. Free shoes. Heavy discounts up to 70% off. Offer paid community service

ConsHard to advance in retail

The Timberland Experience

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsGreat culture and family type of environment throughout the company. Former president Mr. Swartz very approachable and hands-on. I could e-mail him and he would respond personally.

Cons1. Great mission statement: Humanity, Humility, Integrity, Excellence. However, not all facilities shared the vision of the president and this led to a lot of inner and outer contradictions in the workplace.
    2. With the sale of the company the to VF Corp has cause a lot of uncertainty and distrust among each other and the new management. Some justified and some self infflicted.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe straight forward even if it is unfavorable news. This will at least allow the employees where they and the company stands at all times. Hopefully that will restore the trust that existed before the sale of the company.

Great place to work!

Allocation Analyst (Current Employee) Stratham, NH

ProsHere you will work with very smart colleagues and have many opportunities for growth! They treat all of their employees very well and the benefits are like no other company.

ConsThe systems are a bit out dated but they are working on updating them.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great place with great people

Brand Manager (Former Employee) Stratham, NH

ProsI'm an outdoor enthusiast and there are lots of like-minded people working there.

ConsUnfortunately I ended up leaving Timberland because I was offered a lot more to work elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't wait until people are headed for the door before you offer them a competitive salary.

Great People ,

Store Manager (Former Employee) Grafing bei München (Germany)

ProsGreat Promotions, good employee discount, monthly Bonus

ConsAlias very crouded , sometimes Lazy Management, Slow Motion Management

Worked for Timberland? Contribute to the Community!