Timberland Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Timberland Vice President, VF Corporation and Group President, Outdoor & Action Sports Americas Steve Rendle
Steve Rendle

Pros
  • 40 hrs paid leave for community service each year (in 6 reviews)

• There are so many great people involved with the brand (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, hard work not recognized (in 3 reviews)

• Management could be disorganized/lazy/moronic in their decision making and often on the shop floor for no more than 45 minutes max in a full day (in 5 reviews)

1. Great place with great people

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Stratham, NH
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Stratham, NH

Pros

I'm an outdoor enthusiast and there are lots of like-minded people working there.

Cons

Unfortunately I ended up leaving Timberland because I was offered a lot more to work elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Don't wait until people are headed for the door before you offer them a competitive salary.

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Allocation Analyst in Stratham, NH
    Current Employee - Allocation Analyst in Stratham, NH

Pros

Here you will work with very smart colleagues and have many opportunities for growth! They treat all of their employees very well and the benefits are like no other company.

Cons

The systems are a bit out dated but they are working on updating them.

Advice to Management

n/a

The Timberland Experience

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Ontario, CA

I worked at Timberland full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture and family type of environment throughout the company. Former president Mr. Swartz very approachable and hands-on. I could e-mail him and he would respond personally.

Cons

1. Great mission statement: Humanity, Humility, Integrity, Excellence. However, not all facilities shared the vision of the president and this led to a lot of inner and outer contradictions in the workplace. 2. With the sale of the company the to VF Corp has cause a lot of uncertainty and distrust among each other and the new management. Some justified and some self infflicted.

Advice to Management

Be straight forward even if it is unfavorable news. This will at least allow the employees where they and the company stands at all times. Hopefully that will restore the trust that existed before the sale of the company.

5. Overall good company

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Timberland part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Offer a quality product and they really care about their employees. Free shoes. Heavy discounts up to 70% off. Offer paid community service

Cons

Hard to advance in retail

6. Good, was fun and simple

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Niagara Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Niagara Falls, NY

I worked at Timberland part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast, Fun and tons of guys

Cons

high shelves , and a lot of moment

7. awesome

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Timberland part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

product was great as well as employees

Cons

there was none every one was great

Advice to Management

pay the sales people more money it can be a fast past job to get done right

8. Awesome company that values its staff and customers and community

Current Employee - Customer Services
    Current Employee - Customer Services

I have been working at Timberland full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my time at Timberland I have progressed in my career, The people are great and since bought by VF we have more opportunities to grow into other Brands, Although we are being made Redundant as of 2014 the company has offered a great support to the employees

Cons

Changes in systems when we migrated with VF, this bought new challenges and changes within the business

Advice to Management

To be open and transparent with everyone

9. Awesome place to work

Pros

You cannot beat the people and culture. Was there before and after the buy out and although things got tough it is still one of the best places to work. Everyone is super friendly, up beat and team players.

Cons

No cons--everything was a pro here

Advice to Management

Promote from within!

10. Incredible

Pros

Great product, Great people... and many opportunities... Although that was a looong time ago! The brand seems to have maintained the integrity from when Jeffrey Schwartz was leading.

Cons

Salary wasn't great...and there werent great opportunities for adjustments... and there was a LOT of pressure.

Sales Associate-Timberland

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Garden City, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Garden City, NY

Pros

Great people, great company, extremely easy work. I've been with the company for nearly two years now, and I love it. Great interaction with customers, always get good feedback both from my boss and from customers.

Cons

Takes a while to move up...it's easier to be promoted because somebody quit or got terminated than if you work hard. Most members of the management team, save for one, are incompetent. They spend the entire shift on their cell phones or on the job phone rather than working, which is annoying. Sales associates do the bulk of the work; cleaning, stock, shipment, counting things around the store to make sure nothing is missing, while management simply counts the money. A lot of things to remember, such as product knowledge, store goals, the mission statement, etc (which wasn't a big deal to me because I'm not lazy, but the rest of the staff seems to struggle with it). One person usually gets stuck doing all the work, while the others do nothing. Corporate visits are intimidating.

Advice to Management

Management definitely needs to be a little bit more aware of who they hire, and give appropriate recognition to those who deserve it. Can't complain about a bad management team if you hire people who don't do their jobs and then refuse to replace them. We need to have meetings more often; having a meeting once a quarter isn't enough.

RSS Feed </> Embed