Timberland

www.timberland.com

Timberland Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014
Timberland – UK – “EHQ atrium”

Timberland Vice President, VF Corporation and Group President, Outdoor & Action Sports Americas Steve Rendle

Steve Rendle

Great People ,

Store Manager (Former Employee) Grafing bei München (Germany)

ProsGreat Promotions, good employee discount, monthly Bonus

ConsAlias very crouded , sometimes Lazy Management, Slow Motion Management

Incredible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product, Great people... and many opportunities... Although that was a looong time ago! The brand seems to have maintained the integrity from when Jeffrey Schwartz was leading.

ConsSalary wasn't great...and there werent great opportunities for adjustments... and there was a LOT of pressure.

Terrible

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

ProsFriendly staff who are easy to get along with on a personal level but not business wise, made some great friends

ConsAfter having started a new job i realize how bad of company this is in regards to staff treatment. Managers do not care about staff who are part time only full time workers were treated with respect and consideration, Guilt tripping in regards to taking holidays and made to feel bad for requesting holidays and after a former colleague booked a holiday 3 months in advance he was forced to leave the company as the area manager quoted to him 'if you don't work it, you know where the door is' i found this completely inappropriate and completely unfair as he was a hard worker . . They do not work around other commitments such as college/university having agreed to do so in interviews and would work you into the ground given the opportunity. It was discussed with many different store workers that the area manager was rude, smug and definitely did not have staffs best interests in mind. Overall i would never work for this company again and all staff who i worked with felt the same had they not money commitments and while i worked there 3 people walked out of this job and 6 people quit in the short time i was there and one lady only lasted one day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo take in to consideration what kind of people you are employing to run your shops as much of what takes place goes against numerous HR Regulations and fair treatment to staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Timberland is a wonderful company.

ProsGreat compensation, benefits, and work-life balance. Timberland is a fantastic company to work for and you can't go wrong.

ConsThe senior leaders are not as good as they were previously. This should be changed from the top down.

Awesome place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou cannot beat the people and culture. Was there before and after the buy out and although things got tough it is still one of the best places to work. Everyone is super friendly, up beat and team players.

ConsNo cons--everything was a pro here

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within!

Awesome company that values its staff and customers and community

Customer Services (Current Employee)

ProsIn my time at Timberland I have progressed in my career, The people are great and since bought by VF we have more opportunities to grow into other Brands, Although we are being made Redundant as of 2014 the company has offered a great support to the employees

ConsChanges in systems when we migrated with VF, this bought new challenges and changes within the business

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be open and transparent with everyone

awesome

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosproduct was great as well as employees

Consthere was none every one was great

Advice to Senior Managementpay the sales people more money it can be a fast past job to get done right

Good, very informative and a lot of technical information

Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Prosgood, technical, technology, winter wear, new fashion merchandise, accessories, shoes, very nice store layout in India.

Consunder reliance in India,

Advice to Senior ManagementIndian market: no marketing done, market potential can improve if marketed well. NO PR done, price bracket too high for the Indian Market. Target audience not justified in India. Targeting premium customer is not the way to go about for timberland. Timberland caters to different social catogeries depending on what intent the product is being purchased for

Great Brand, poor retail managers

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL

ProsGood benefits and employee discount

ConsPoor Management and training lacks. sink or swim

Simple retail position; easy

Sales Associate (Former Employee) King of Prussia, PA

ProsLeadership was cool and everything was straight forward.

ConsTypical retail hours and like any other retail position, favoritism exists. People who were cool with the store manger outside of work had more leeway to do as they pleased.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch who you make your store managers. The manager was younger and not all that experienced with a managerial position.

Worked for Timberland? Contribute to the Community!