Time Customer Service

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tim Adams

Great benefits, average to above average pay

ProsCompany is very consistent in its practices and treats employees fairly. Many employees including myself have been at TCS for more than 10 years.

ConsNot an easy commute from Pinellas county. TCS is in a tough industry, so there hasn't been a lot of promotions in the past 5 to 10 years.

very stable company

Tampa, FL

ProsThe benefits are good, the company has been very stable over the past quarter century. the annual bonus system is opaque but has been reliable.

ConsMany workers have done the exact same work the exact same way for over a decade . Opportunities for promotion or professional growth are next to nonexistent. Workers are just numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be less opaque to the rank and file. There are a lot of brains inside the enterprise that are withering on the vine. Being a very stable workplace has a down side too

Stuck in another era

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLow expectations. If you are stupid and lazy it's a great place to coast. They never fire for non-performance. everyone gets' the same annual PIP bonus no matter how poorly their performance

ConsSlimy backstabbing management that isn't held accountable for their lack of results. Most are just killing time until retirement.
    The average raise this year didn't make up for the 2% cut in the 401K match. No pension either. Raises? maybe every other year. Not enough to keep up with inflation.
    Work in IT? You'll be training your Indian replacement

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a package now. You've held the company back for long enough

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once a good company, now no raises(4 yrs. and counting), no opportunities, disappearing benefits

ProsThe office has air conditioning. We get to pay for the holiday luncheon.

ConsUninspired management and few opportunities to advance and pay stagnation. Take-aways on all fronts to improve Time Incs.' bottom line, and plenty of pressure to give to United Way which is good, cause we may need their services.

Advice to Senior Managementpointless stating what should be obvious

Great place

ProsThere are many oppoutunities to learn and grow with the company however the compensation does not compensate for the amount of work that needs to be done.

ConsThis company does not provide enough compensation to its employess to equal out to the amount of work that they require one person to do.

solid company with great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe folks here are great, work very well together. Great opportunities for advancement and learning new skills.

Conssome areas could use more standardized training

Laaaaaid back

Tampa, FL

ProsInsurance PPO options seem decent. 401k match up to 6% of salary.

ConsFrequent compensation freezes to due to challenged magazine publishing environment. Moving work to India. Lay offs. Time Inc. is selling almost all of their titles to Meredith. Goal of President to control costs, in part through keeping compensation below the 40th percentile for comparable positions in the area.

Management is tired and unflexible

Direct Mail Planner (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsNice group of people to work with, overall. Nice benefits package.

ConsManagement is tired and set in their ways. Completely non-flexible to changes in technology and unrelenting in how they "have always done things". Management distances themselves from hourly employees and will terminate employees at a whim.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to figure out how to be respectful to their employees and when given suggestions on how to improve processes, figure out how to implement them. Company meetings are a waste of time when suggestions for improvement are not taken into consideration. Ever. Management talks a nice game, but when push comes to shove, things are done how they always were. This is in regards to TCS management on Queen Palm Drive and is not reflective of the office on 50th.

rewarding

Supervisor (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits were extremely good and 401k had a nice match

Consbudget cuts created less money for raises

....

List Planner (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

Pros--Health benefit is superb.
    --Great location

Cons--Poor management
    --Client retention is not their main priority
    --Getting recognition is almost impossible

Advice to Senior Management--Talk to the ones that actually DO the job.

Worked for Time Customer Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time Customer Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Time Customer Service CEO Tim Adams. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Time Customer Service employees.