Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Robert D. Marcus

Robert D. Marcus

Pros
  • Great benefits awesome hours and chances for promotions from within(in 172 reviews)

• Many avenues for advancement if you are competent, good benefits(in 128 reviews)

Cons
  • Cant move forward: not much growth opportunity once you are employed in the call center(in 49 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't care about how they impact the customer or employees(in 41 reviews)

71 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Love It!

Digital Media (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat co-workers who genuinely care about one another, great pay, awesome benefits & perks, managers who are all about hearing how things can be changed for the better and will openly discuss why or why not the change is a good idea.

ConsI personally can not think of any cons at this time. I have not been here for a super long time. I am sure there will be ups and downs to come, but so far, so good!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen and discuss issues with your employees. Continue to positively build your teams.

Very rewarding company to work for

Project Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCompany has nice perks and very competitive salaries. Offers a very rewarding environment as well as great career advancement opportunities.

ConsFor a long time all of the regions we're ran as seperAte companies but that has thus changed as we move to a One TWC platform where all regions are ran the same way

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like some opportunities for more advanced training as opposed to all online training.

Hit or miss management strategy

Community Relations Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGood benefits, heavily discounted cable if you live in the service area and potential for some learning and growth opportunities in certain sections of the company.

ConsConstant changes in local management and structure. Their response to competition is slow and then it's many misguided efforts to improve customer service and lift sinking morale. Leaders are completely out of touch with employees. It's all about the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your ivory towers and go talk to your customer service and operations people. Stop talking about fixing problems and do something besides worrying about shareholders!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible managers| politically charged environment, especially at HQ in Charlotte.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCompensation and benefits, but you pay for that that in other ways or by working far more hours than is reasonable at times.

ConsNo growth opportunities, constantly embattled by managers who set you up to fail or sabotage you.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind another vocation | Take management skills training. Hopefully the acquisition will put some folks out to pasture who really needed to go years ago.

Pay is good if you can stand the dishonest and silly culture.

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits are good, customers are great.

ConsManagement is made up of promoted door-to-door salespeople. As a result, they don't have a clue how to manage people. Management works hard at trying to justify their jobs as they really don't do anything of value to move the company forward. Silly contests that award prizes like candy for Easter weekend. Obsessed with the notion that their employees are as dishonest, stupid, and lazy as they are. As a result they spend a lot of time trying to trip up their salespeople instead of actually helping them. But, it is all they know how to do. They have one management tool: cracking the whip. If that doesn't work, crack it harder. And then moan about what lousy employees you have when it doesn't work. Their life is made up of senseless ideas while the minions work hard. They encourage dishonesty, cheating, and lies. The new CEO cares only about getting his 80 million dollar golden parachute.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would give some if I thought you would follow it, but you won't. The only hope for this company is to sell to Comcast. Then maybe this management-heavy organization will get its act together.

Its ok. Not Great. But ok

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsLearn a lot of new technology. Great Experience

ConsThey treat contractors as 2nd class

Business Class Services are ever growing, great place to be!

Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsHealth and retirement benefits are great. Free or discounted cable and internet services. Group rates for local events and discounts at many local area businesses

ConsInternal silos, systems that don't talk causing swivel chair re-work

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on customer first and open communication throughout departments cross functionally

Great Opportunity

Supervisor (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat benefits and perks. For a large company they provide some of the best medical benefits around as well as complimentary services. Being a very large company there are many avenues to grow into a lasting career. Many of the employees have been with TWC for 10-15-20yrs which you don't see anymore these days.

ConsA lot of the entry level jobs are not glamorous and at times can be very stressful. With a dedication to advance yourself professional its very possible to move up quickly. Since TWC is nationwide if you have ability to move it makes your opportunities for advancement even greater.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike any large company there can sometimes be a disconnect between upper management and the front lines. I would encourage any member of management to do a day in the life of the front line employees to stay grounded.

Great Benefits, Great Future Potential, But Questionable Success Unless All Internal Entities Get on the Same Page.

Technology Management (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsPay is on Par / Benefits are Great
    Exposure to New Technologies
    Good, Friendly, Hard Working People

ConsLack of top down leadership in many organizations
    Lack of internal communication / coordination - Conflicting directions / timing not in sync

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine the top 3-4 major business goals | priorities and personally drive the message down to all levels of the company. Do not rely on the management chain and the trickle down theory. By the time it gets to the front line (if it does) the priorities have changed.

I loved working here

Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI had a great manager and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The cafeteria was really good and the free ice cream days were great!

ConsThere are not a lot of career opportunities for graduating seniors, so if I wanted to work for this company it would be very hard to start my career here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTWC should have a development program like other companies, which helps college graduates gain experience, knowledge and training that they may not have gotten during their undergraduate years.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!