Time Warner Cable

Updated Apr 20, 2014

Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Glenn A. Britt

Glenn A. Britt

65 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Business Class Services are ever growing, great place to be!

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 5 years

ProsHealth and retirement benefits are great. Free or discounted cable and internet services. Group rates for local events and discounts at many local area businesses

ConsInternal silos, systems that don't talk causing swivel chair re-work

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on customer first and open communication throughout departments cross functionally

Great Opportunity

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits and perks. For a large company they provide some of the best medical benefits around as well as complimentary services. Being a very large company there are many avenues to grow into a lasting career. Many of the employees have been with TWC for 10-15-20yrs which you don't see anymore these days.

ConsA lot of the entry level jobs are not glamorous and at times can be very stressful. With a dedication to advance yourself professional its very possible to move up quickly. Since TWC is nationwide if you have ability to move it makes your opportunities for advancement even greater.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike any large company there can sometimes be a disconnect between upper management and the front lines. I would encourage any member of management to do a day in the life of the front line employees to stay grounded.

Great Benefits, Great Future Potential, But Questionable Success Unless All Internal Entities Get on the Same Page.

Technology Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPay is on Par / Benefits are Great
Exposure to New Technologies
Good, Friendly, Hard Working People

ConsLack of top down leadership in many organizations
Lack of internal communication / coordination - Conflicting directions / timing not in sync

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine the top 3-4 major business goals | priorities and personally drive the message down to all levels of the company. Do not rely on the management chain and the trickle down theory. By the time it gets to the front line (if it does) the priorities have changed.

I loved working here

Technical Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Time Warner Cable as an intern for less than a year

ProsI had a great manager and the atmosphere was very relaxed. The cafeteria was really good and the free ice cream days were great!

ConsThere are not a lot of career opportunities for graduating seniors, so if I wanted to work for this company it would be very hard to start my career here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTWC should have a development program like other companies, which helps college graduates gain experience, knowledge and training that they may not have gotten during their undergraduate years.

SignatureHome Personal Solutions Advisor

SignatureHome Personal Solutions Advisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company, fun work environment, awesome benefit package Free Cable and Internet $20 phone not bad the compensation is great and the bonus.

ConsThe right hand doesn't always know what the left hand is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when it comes to CSAT's and other KPI's

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Run. Fast!! The other way.

Retention Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Time Warner Cable for more than a year

ProsBest thing about company is lunch, breaks and benefits. Not much else good about this horrible company.

ConsHorrible atmosphere. Changing targets daily. Stressful. Commissions and ethics of company joke!! They change quality and target goals all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to treat workers. Learn how to train for success with live applications. You set people up for failure by changing expectations constantly.

Red tape and Boredom

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiscounted cable and good health insurance benefits

ConsI can only speak to the IT groups I was a part of. If you enjoy constant change and re-org of new bosses every year, meetings about meetings about meetings, and being underpaid then you might have found the right place. This place was great about 7 years ago. Since then, there are unpredictable layoffs, no direction from management, and NO room for growth without leaving a department. Growing their employees is simply not a concern, and everyone just does the head-down approach. Also, for a media/technology company, they are not very cutting-edge internally. I cannot speak to others but trying to move up within the given department is not the best move salary-wise, better to bounce around.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to stand up and help your team when you see something isn't correct or making sense. Isn't that part of the reason you got into management in the first place? Empty promises and rumors only satisfy your employees for so long, and eventually fade to leave employees feeling unsatisfied or looking for the Exit.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

great company to work for

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 8 years

Prostwc has a great benefit package

Consnot so good executive management

Advice to Senior Managementnone

My overall experience has been positive.

Desktop Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBenefits, coworkers, management and ability to move within the company has been good.

ConsSome politics involved as with most companies these days.

Great People to work with

Senior Database Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than a year

Proswonderful people to work with

ConsManagement keeps changing all the time.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time Warner Cable reviews and ratings in Charlotte, NC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Time Warner Cable CEO Glenn A. Britt. All 65 reviews posted anonymously by Time Warner Cable employees.