Time Warner Cable Reviews

Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Robert D. Marcus
Robert D. Marcus

1. CSSR

I worked at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Opportunity for advancement in call center environment
    Exceptional benefits

Cons

Pay is average for the industry

Love the job, hate the company.

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is some good money to be made here. Interaction with the customers is rewarding and I enjoy providing excellent service and changing their opinion, just a bit, of Time Warner Cable. Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Never worked for a company where management was so dysfunctional. They are more concerned with politics than supporting their team. Very little respect for the people who actually generate revenue for the company. If you have ever worked in professional sales you will hate this job.

Most of the problem stems from the fact that sales management consists of former door-to-door salespeople who were very good at what they did, high pressure fast close sales. Promoted to management, they are like fish out of water. So, they come up with all sorts of goofy ideas to make it look like they are actually doing something. Meanwhile, their people in the field are hurting for support. There is no employee development here; you either make it on your own or you are done.

Advice to Management

You wouldn't listen anyway, I have already tried.

Great company, IF you have the right position

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Columbia, SC

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, relaxed environment.

Cons

Change metrics too often, all managers not on the same page.

Advice to Management

All managers should be on one page.

5. Good local folks that work hard - Leadership is terrible!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great - free cable and 401k - insurance rates are good...

Cons

The Leadership is horrible!! My boss was up and down - due to the leadership being all over the place! New fire-drill everyday!! Executives get "paid" the people that do the work don't... I worked there and then they lay me off due to the upcoming merger... they don't care about individuals... they just care about TWC...

Advice to Management

Care about your employees!!!! If you show you care - they will work wonders for you!!

6. Great company in the right department!

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Columbia, SC

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You get a serious discount on the cable, internet, phone and all the on the go premium channels you could ever ask for. They offer incentives like crazy. Always getting HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, Cinemax swag!!! Amazing pay.`

Cons

Management was allowed to band together and nit pick new hires. I personally heard them not hire a lady because she was expecting. Management has sex with call center reps. Management witch hunted me and many others. Turn over is very high because of all the above mentioned.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to go under cover and get a handle on what is happening. They also need to look at employees that have been there from the start and realize we were the heart and soul of the company. More training is needed. Management needs to focus more on the customer experience than the number at this point.

7. Good benefits. No room for advancement

Current Employee - CSSR in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - CSSR in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits such as medical, dental, 401k and tuition reimbursement are good (used to be better).

Cons

It is all about "who you know". Once you get into one position is really hard to move up, unless you know that "special person

Advice to Management

"Look at the skills of that person instead of hooking it up with your BFF."

Time Warner Cable overall is a good company; however, there are some unrealistic expectations.

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Agent in West Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Agent in West Columbia, SC

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many incentives and bonus opportunities.

Cons

There seems to be more focus on numbers than on level of service and integrity. It appeared, based on my experience there, that many who were regarded as high performers were not operating with the level of integrity that TWC claims to represent.

Advice to Management

With the current compensation structure, there is greater a propensity of improper behaviors and "cheating the system". Consider changing to a higher base with bonus potential based on customer satisfaction perhaps, so that the focus is based on the customer.

Stone Age Management Style Bordering on Abuse

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free cable, ok health benefits, liberal vacation time (but they won't let you take it unless you meet certain conditions, free parking.

Cons

I've been here as a DSR in sales for one year. The managers are a joke. But, what do you expect from door to door salespeople who get promoted to their level of incompetence? Their way of motivating people is scream, threaten, and crack the whip. And if that doesn't work do all three again, but harder. No wonder turnover rate is at 40%. They recently raised their prices beyond the ridiculous. The competition laughs at us. Customers just get insulted when they hear how much we charge. They are losing customers faster than they sign them up. The further up management you go, the more psychotic they get.

Advice to Management

Stop assuming your salespeople are stupid, lazy and dishonest. We know you think that of us; your attitudes make that very clear. Listen to this: You currently do more to hinder sales people than help them. Here is a suggestion: from supervisor on up to director; take a month off. Sales will skyrocket. You people are pathetic.

10. I feel like a valued member at Time Warner Cable

Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Care Professional in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Fantastic benefits for a healthy future.Many ways to earn more money.

Cons

So far I really cannot think of a negative for working there.

11. Management is unprofessional

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Medical benefits are ok, nothing special. Time off is, in theory, very generous. In practice they won't let you take it. Parking is good. Direct deposit is nice.

Cons

This is a dishonest company and culture. No ethics whatsoever.

Harassment abounds. If you are a female, look elsewhere. If you like to be treated with respect, look elsewhere. If you are seeking professional guidance in your work, look elsewhere.

If you enjoy being harassed about performance, talked down to, berated over every negative thing they can find, and never congratulated for good work done, you have come to the right place.

They like to promote from within. And who gets promoted to management? The top salespeople. So, TWC loses on both sides. They lose a good salesperson, and gain a manager who knows nothing about how to manage or help their employees. All they know is how to crack the whip.

Advice to Management

TWC, if you really care (doubtful) stop promoting salespeople into management. They are driving your workforce out the door. Direct salespeople in SC are leaving like rats off a sinking ship. Either start hiring managers to be managers, or start getting serious about training managers in how to motivate and encourage, not berate and beat them down.