Time Warner Cable Media

Add Photos

Glenn Britt

Amazing culture!

Sales Intern (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI enjoyed working with TWC, because I was able to create an amazing experience for myself. The people were great and they all had a common purpose, growth. There were plenty of networking opportunities. Amazing time all around.

ConsEveryone was always really busy with their work, so there wasn't a specific intern supervisor. A lot of times, I would have to find someone to ask for things to do or how to do things.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving specific intern duties would be really beneficial to both the intern and company, because there will be a common understanding between all involved.

Hellhole

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou can look forward to your comp plan changing every year. Leadership is a revolving door. Zero opportunity for growth.

ConsThey'll push you harder than you've ever worked before and then lay you off and everyone you know. Horrible management, horrible conditions and nasty people.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to learn some loyalty. You push your entire team to reach a billion in revenue in 2012 and then proceed to lay everyone off at Christmas,

Not what it used to be

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAccess to sporting events for clients, expense account, great benefits

Conssmall base that never goes up, changing comp plans every year, weak support staff, un-attainable budgets, corporate initiatives that get in the way of selling, finance is running the show (not the sales managers), less money every year

Advice to Senior Managementput your ear to the ground and find out really whats going on with your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

UNABLE to MEET EXPECTATIONS

Sales Support (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThere is only growth if you are close & friendly with upper management.

ConsManagement personnel will only hire there 'favorite' which lead to many people that are qualified to leave & search for better opportunities. Performance yearly reviews are a JOKE, although there is an option to "Exceed Expectations" it is never possible to obtain that rating. Clearly unreachable expectations set by the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy hire your own incompetent staff? When they are not capable to use & understand the system & software we use. It is clearly absurd the hired management does not have the technical skill set & all they do is forward emails all day, request for conference calls, wine & dine with each other at off site meetings. While the operations staff do all the grunt work & fix the system because management does not have the knowledge of how to operate the software. Stop hiring your own because they have XX years of experience in Media Sales, when they do not even know how to operate our own proprietary software.

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThere are none to put down

ConsThere are to many put into this box.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease actually do something instead of collecting a paycheck

Did not meet my expectations

Proswork life balance is good

Consit is a very micromanagement style

Advice to Senior Managementemployee empowerment and accountability

Had a great time until the economy tanked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people great compensation and benifits

ConsI really can't say there were any cons when I was there

Best place I have ever worked at

Customer Service Mentor (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat company, good benefits, take care of their employees only if it benefits your superiors and reward accordingly from a corporate level...not immediate management....

ConsManagement will run you into the ground and harass you until you quit or they can find a reason to fire you. Business practices are not fair. Hard work does not pay off always and does not get you anywhere..

Hybrids

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly people. They were helpful and you work with autonomy which is a good thing for me anyway.

ConsMost of us were required to work on projects that had nothing to do with our job family. If you wanted a job you had know choice. However it sets you up to fail.

Great ideas....lousy implementation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsA lot of people who are dedicated to customer service and the local mom and pop advertiser.
    Good benefits and 401k.

ConsHeavy on management, employees are undervalued and layoffs are a frequent occurrence.
    It gives one a an uneasy feeling that the rug will be pulled out from you and any time.
    In many case mediocrity is championed while innovative ideas, suggestions, and initiatives are ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more on people and programs that work. Don't cut jobs just because you can. Think more about people then the bottom line. If you keep thinning the workforce you will get a lousy product the public will notice.

Worked for Time Warner Cable Media? Contribute to the Community!