Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Robert D. Marcus

Robert D. Marcus

Pros
  • Great benefits awesome hours and chances for promotions from within(in 172 reviews)

• Many avenues for advancement if you are competent, good benefits(in 128 reviews)

Cons
  • Cant move forward: not much growth opportunity once you are employed in the call center(in 49 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't care about how they impact the customer or employees(in 41 reviews)

118 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Company Culture...

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking here provided me alot of entry-level knowledge into the NYC corporate world. There is a great chance to learn here...not so much thrive though for a Coordinator/ Sr. Coordinator position. But there are great experiences to provide feedback and suggestions to senior level directors and managers. Free cable and internet. Lots of volunteer opportunities and really good benefits package. Training and certification options...

ConsWith the merger being announced earlier this year, a few people have lost team members and they are dropping like flies. People smile but are preparing themselves for major lay-offs. Not much space for advancement, promotions suck. People were tossed to and fro during the combining of regions.

Marketing Administrative Assistant, support the VP, of Partnership Sales and Marketing

Marketing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI got to meet several talents, compensation is great!

ConsThis was my first experience working in the entertainment business.

Very good company if they concentrated on the present and future of the company and not quarterly reports.

Video Production (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice group of people overall.

ConsNew senior management are on a pedestal and slowly destroying the foundation of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's way to late but the company is to top heavy and neglect the customers and employees. Very out of touch with technology. Management is always in a rush to introduce a product before the bugs are worked out. Management also has a tendency to ignore problems with in the company. Poor teamwork between departments. Just listen to the customers who are jumping ship.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible and a fun place to work so far and an adventurous experience everyday.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI like my Benefits and perks.

ConsMy challenges were only when I started working for the company in the beginning, but then that is the same at every company. Everybody faces challenges when they start working at a company in the beginning then, they get over it and are ready to face all upcoming challenges as you go along.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the best you can to save Time Warner Cable as is and not let it be taken over by ComCast with new pathetic benefits. Most customers I come across dread to be a part of Comcast. Please keep Mr. Glen Britt's dream alive and not let go of Time warner Cable please, Mr. Rob Marcus. Keep your best friend's dream alive sir.

Not what it use to be...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsRelaxed office culture is a plus ...made some amazing life long friends here, benefits are great ... health, courtesy services, and bonuses if you're lucky.

ConsAlbeit a communication company should always be on the go and ever changing, TWC (#ThingsWillChange) takes this to the next level and not in a good way. Month to month expect a change in work operations, policies, and yes even management!

Rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsReduced services to employees withing the companies footprint.

ConsLack of opportunity for career advancement

Great Work Environment

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Flushing, NY

ProsStaff, Colleagues. Supervisors were great and helpful. HR was awesome when trying to get a leave. Overall satisfied.

ConsHours, priority basically given to no one.

Better than most.

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGained some really invaluable skill set and insurance was great.

ConsDepartment management is too controlling.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement and communication with employees.

Fantastic

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsI was allowed a great deal of autonomy and responsibility. This came with tremendous accountability. The category was fast paced, cutting edge and technologically advanced. The senior team was strong, and very focused on their unique areas of responsibility.

ConsAllow the organization to settle into a better rhythm. At time the senior management was too focused on their own unique division. At times, this lead to miscommunications and slowdowns.

I worked in the Sales call center in NY.

Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt was a lot of fun yet very challenging. You made excellent money if - and only if - you put the work in. Commissions and bonuses were great. There were games with nice prizes, too. The people there were fantastic.

ConsVery rigid. Must sell with a script. All calls were listened to. Hours could change based on your seniority and achievements.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a bit and include a lot more fun and games on the floor. A happy seller is a better seller.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!