Time Warner Cable

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Robert D. Marcus

Robert D. Marcus

116 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Marketing Administrative Assistant, support the VP, of Partnership Sales and Marketing

Marketing Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI got to meet several talents, compensation is great!

ConsThis was my first experience working in the entertainment business.

Very good company if they concentrated on the present and future of the company and not quarterly reports.

Video Production (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsNice group of people overall.

ConsNew senior management are on a pedestal and slowly destroying the foundation of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's way to late but the company is to top heavy and neglect the customers and employees. Very out of touch with technology. Management is always in a rush to introduce a product before the bugs are worked out. Management also has a tendency to ignore problems with in the company. Poor teamwork between departments. Just listen to the customers who are jumping ship.

Incredible and a fun place to work so far and an adventurous experience everyday.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI like my Benefits and perks.

ConsMy challenges were only when I started working for the company in the beginning, but then that is the same at every company. Everybody faces challenges when they start working at a company in the beginning then, they get over it and are ready to face all upcoming challenges as you go along.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo the best you can to save Time Warner Cable as is and not let it be taken over by ComCast with new pathetic benefits. Most customers I come across dread to be a part of Comcast. Please keep Mr. Glen Britt's dream alive and not let go of Time warner Cable please, Mr. Rob Marcus. Keep your best friend's dream alive sir.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work Environment

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Flushing, NY

ProsStaff, Colleagues. Supervisors were great and helpful. HR was awesome when trying to get a leave. Overall satisfied.

ConsHours, priority basically given to no one.

Better than most.

Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGained some really invaluable skill set and insurance was great.

ConsDepartment management is too controlling.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement and communication with employees.

Not what it use to be...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsRelaxed office culture is a plus ...made some amazing life long friends here, benefits are great ... health, courtesy services, and bonuses if you're lucky.

ConsAlbeit a communication company should always be on the go and ever changing, TWC (#ThingsWillChange) takes this to the next level and not in a good way. Month to month expect a change in work operations, policies, and yes even management!

Fantastic

Senior Vice President (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI was allowed a great deal of autonomy and responsibility. This came with tremendous accountability. The category was fast paced, cutting edge and technologically advanced. The senior team was strong, and very focused on their unique areas of responsibility.

ConsAllow the organization to settle into a better rhythm. At time the senior management was too focused on their own unique division. At times, this lead to miscommunications and slowdowns.

I worked in the Sales call center in NY.

Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIt was a lot of fun yet very challenging. You made excellent money if - and only if - you put the work in. Commissions and bonuses were great. There were games with nice prizes, too. The people there were fantastic.

ConsVery rigid. Must sell with a script. All calls were listened to. Hours could change based on your seniority and achievements.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a bit and include a lot more fun and games on the floor. A happy seller is a better seller.

Up and Down

Account MANAGER I Proactive (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI was fortunate to be on a great team while working with Time Warner Cable, I feel that the team as a whole should contribute approximately 10% of your success here. Without leadership and the support of your teammates, your left out in the cold.

Networking inside the company is key as it will open plenty of doors for you!

ConsThe salary could be better for the work and effort we put in. Seriously what raise?

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not let go of your best team.

I was priviledge to work for this Company.

Customer Care Professional (Former Employee)
    Middletown, NY

ProsThis Company has good benefits. Reps are constantly being trained in order to be up to par with the changes taking place within the Telecommuication Industry. Due to the flunctuate economy, this Company only has 1 mission and that is to SELL!!

ConsWorking conditions are poor. There is no respect for the employees. And they make you feel replaceable. Your here today and gone tomorrow.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your Employees. They are the ones that make Company. They will make or break the Company. That is why Companies goes under and are contantly merging.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time Warner Cable reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Time Warner Cable CEO Robert D. Marcus. All 116 reviews posted anonymously by Time Warner Cable employees.