Time Warner Cable Reviews in New York City, NY

3.1
1,267 Reviews

Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Robert D. Marcus
Robert D. Marcus

Pros
  • Great benefits awesome hours and chances for promotions from within (in 174 reviews)

• Many avenues for advancement if you are competent, good benefits (in 128 reviews)

Cons
  • Cant move forward: not much growth opportunity once you are employed in the call center (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't care about how they impact the customer or employees (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights

124 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Benefits. Lots of company Perks. Chance to meet your favorite TV stars. Chance to advance if you work hard. Decent work/Life balance. Opportunities for OT.

Cons

The pay could be better. Lots of good people, but some of the younger, immature employees take away from the environment.

Be more supportive of the workers. And listen to them. I think there are a lot of good ideas floating around, but chain of command mentality hinders growth.

Started out great

Former Employee - Warehouse Technician  in  College Point, NY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Technician in College Point, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits
    Uniform provided
    Good pay
    Met some really good friends

Cons

Management keeps changing hands. Everyone wants to jump in and make drastic changes without actually evaluating the situation. I blame the very top, with their unrealistic expectations. Every region should be evaluated differently. NYC is not NC.

HELL!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales  in  Flushing, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales in Flushing, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What pros?????? Remember the saying............ if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all.....

Cons

Where should I begin????!!! The list would be entirely too long...............

RESPECT THE VALUE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES!!!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Door to Door sales (Lucrative, take a chance!!!)

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative  in  College Point, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in College Point, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for less than a year

Pros

Once you proven yourself, they have a "Be your own boss program" where you can customize your hours and only have to come to the office once a week (which is a great savings on gas/mileage and time). Great promos designed to fill your pocket. Good value product, customer can watch TV anywhere with Apps and free TWC WiFI. Monthly and weekly contest to earn points toward free merchandise and giftcards. You control your paycheck, uncapped commissions. Easy product to sell, people want what we have. You get free ramp up commission monies in first 3 months (Free money to see if this is for you)

Cons

Outdoor, face weather conditions but its door knocking so you can choose a building to knock in during the cold months. The hours are M-F 1-8 and Saturdays 9-5 (6 day work week). Your location is monitored on company provided iPad. Your manager can pop up on you in the field with or without notice. Only a couple supervisors micromanage so good luck. You have to use your own car so choose areas to work close to your home so you don't burn out your car and wallet. Company phone provided, so expect it to ring anytime. This is a sales position so I suggest you answer it. Customers are impatient, they'll just call the 800# on TV if you don't answer.

Good Company Culture...

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here provided me alot of entry-level knowledge into the NYC corporate world. There is a great chance to learn here...not so much thrive though for a Coordinator/ Sr. Coordinator position. But there are great experiences to provide feedback and suggestions to senior level directors and managers. Free cable and internet. Lots of volunteer opportunities and really good benefits package. Training and certification options...

Cons

With the merger being announced earlier this year, a few people have lost team members and they are dropping like flies. People smile but are preparing themselves for major lay-offs. Not much space for advancement, promotions suck. People were tossed to and fro during the combining of regions.

Marketing Administrative Assistant, support the VP, of Partnership Sales and Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I got to meet several talents, compensation is great!

Cons

This was my first experience working in the entertainment business.

Not what it use to be...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Relaxed office culture is a plus ...made some amazing life long friends here, benefits are great ... health, courtesy services, and bonuses if you're lucky.

Cons

Albeit a communication company should always be on the go and ever changing, TWC (#ThingsWillChange) takes this to the next level and not in a good way. Month to month expect a change in work operations, policies, and yes even management!

Very good company if they concentrated on the present and future of the company and not quarterly reports.

Former Employee - Video Production  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Video Production in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice group of people overall.

Cons

New senior management are on a pedestal and slowly destroying the foundation of the company.

It's way to late but the company is to top heavy and neglect the customers and employees. Very out of touch with technology. Management is always in a rush to introduce a product before the bugs are worked out. Management also has a tendency to ignore problems with in the company. Poor teamwork between departments. Just listen to the customers who are jumping ship.

Incredible and a fun place to work so far and an adventurous experience everyday.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I like my Benefits and perks.

Cons

My challenges were only when I started working for the company in the beginning, but then that is the same at every company. Everybody faces challenges when they start working at a company in the beginning then, they get over it and are ready to face all upcoming challenges as you go along.

Do the best you can to save Time Warner Cable as is and not let it be taken over by ComCast with new pathetic benefits. Most customers I come across dread to be a part of Comcast. Please keep Mr. Glen Britt's dream alive and not let go of Time warner Cable please, Mr. Rob Marcus. Keep your best friend's dream alive sir.

Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Reduced services to employees withing the companies footprint.

Cons

Lack of opportunity for career advancement

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!