Time Warner Cable

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.0 1,183 reviews

Time Warner Cable Chairman & CEO Robert D. Marcus

Robert D. Marcus

Pros
  • Great benefits awesome hours and chances for promotions from within (in 174 reviews)

• Many avenues for advancement if you are competent, good benefits (in 128 reviews)

Cons
  • Cant move forward: not much growth opportunity once you are employed in the call center (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't care about how they impact the customer or employees (in 43 reviews)

More Highlights
1,183 Employee Reviews

Installer

Cable Installer (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat work environment for employees

Consnone to consider at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Motivated to do anything because of benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery great benefits. Spends about 80% health care costs on employees, full tuition reimbursement, engineering gets work clothes yearly

ConsPoor project management. Those running or planning project don't have time to properly archtect new network so that would leave multiple trips to hubs (4 hour round trip) to do 10 minutes worth of work, multiple times. You are taken away from family essentially.

Good potential with this company

Field Service Technician (Current Employee) Albany, NY

ProsGreat benefts and perks for employees

ConsPlenty of competition for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

VOIP (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsBest learning experience. Everyone one in TWC are really friendly and supportive.

ConsAs an intern I dont think there are any cons..Its a very good place to start your career with.

Door to Door sales (Lucrative, take a chance!!!)

Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) College Point, NY

ProsOnce you proven yourself, they have a "Be your own boss program" where you can customize your hours and only have to come to the office once a week (which is a great savings on gas/mileage and time). Great promos designed to fill your pocket. Good value product, customer can watch TV anywhere with Apps and free TWC WiFI. Monthly and weekly contest to earn points toward free merchandise and giftcards. You control your paycheck, uncapped commissions. Easy product to sell, people want what we have. You get free ramp up commission monies in first 3 months (Free money to see if this is for you)

ConsOutdoor, face weather conditions but its door knocking so you can choose a building to knock in during the cold months. The hours are M-F 1-8 and Saturdays 9-5 (6 day work week). Your location is monitored on company provided iPad. Your manager can pop up on you in the field with or without notice. Only a couple supervisors micromanage so good luck. You have to use your own car so choose areas to work close to your home so you don't burn out your car and wallet. Company phone provided, so expect it to ring anytime. This is a sales position so I suggest you answer it. Customers are impatient, they'll just call the 800# on TV if you don't answer.

Customer Service Rep.

Tier III Tech Support (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat benefits, Decent pay, commission.

ConsManagement has no clue whats going on and recycles the same procedures to boost whatever stat we are lacking in for that month.

Advice to Senior Managementdo your job.

Customer Service

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Chatsworth, CA

ProsThe pay was fair, and there were perks like free cable service, health insurance, dental, etc. I liked helping the customers and every call was a little different.

ConsNo real skill based routing so reps took so many different calls that there were a lot of errors made on customers accounts. I'm not sure if there is a great way to address this other than increase up-training, pay and hire more skilled reps and pay to have a more nimble program so you don't have to jump through so many hoops when making changes to customers accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is to executives, look at the long term profits more, not just quarterly.

Time Warner is a great place to work

Help Desk (Former Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsTraining , time off, benefits, employee driven company , monthly bonuses

Conspay rate for Technical support
    sales opportunities

Advice to Senior Managementhigher pay rate for technical department

Be the Change That You Want to See...,

ProsExcellent Benefits; Excellent Diversity; Excellent opportunity for Advancement; Excellent Community; Excellent Inclusion; Superb Communication from Leadership; Values Cultures within its workforce; Free Services; Retirement Plan and 401k Program!

ConsThe bar is set very high from Day One to improve and take care of the customer right, the first time around. Hard work and dedication are expected just like with any other company or corporation, but in turn, they do take care of their Employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue valuing your employees, but learn to inspect what you truly expect of your People Leaders from within

Good Company Culture...

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking here provided me alot of entry-level knowledge into the NYC corporate world. There is a great chance to learn here...not so much thrive though for a Coordinator/ Sr. Coordinator position. But there are great experiences to provide feedback and suggestions to senior level directors and managers. Free cable and internet. Lots of volunteer opportunities and really good benefits package. Training and certification options...

ConsWith the merger being announced earlier this year, a few people have lost team members and they are dropping like flies. People smile but are preparing themselves for major lay-offs. Not much space for advancement, promotions suck. People were tossed to and fro during the combining of regions.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!