Time Warner Reviews

Reset
3.6
Time Warner President, CEO, and Director Jeff Bewkes
Jeff Bewkes

Pros
  • Good place to have work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, training as well as vacation time (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Not interested in cross training, Upper management tries to intimidate workers and constantly reminds you of how lucky you are to have a job there (in 6 reviews)

• Oh well, the Corporate office is in New York, so who cares about people losing their jobs (in 4 reviews)

1. Time Warner - A great place to work if you don't mind red tape and politics

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

the people, benefits and opportunities to learn and grow. Great offices and perks. Decent salary but hard to move from corporate to a dicision because salaries at Corp are so much higher.

Cons

One word...politics. I have never been in a company where career sucess depended so largely on the relationships and positioning of oneself. They waste a lot of time and money on the wrong things and talk about employee satisfaction but don't really care to make changes that the employees tell management they want.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the opportunity to grow and work to create an environment where people are comfortable taking risks and expressing ideas. Communicate more. Dick Parsons was a great communicator and always talked to the employees. Jeff Bewkes came in made a ton of changes including cost cuts and never addressed the employee population. Rumors run wild in that place!

He is leading Time Warner in a good direction.

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

The employee benefits are by far the best thing about Time Warner. Also the location, right in the middle of Manhattan is great. Also the parking garage being located in the building is a huge plus. Another great thing is the company has locations all over the world, so you're able to go almost anywhere. They also make it extremely easy to move to another location by providing assistance and counseling should you need. The company is streamlined from top to bottom making it easy on when you switch positions or locations.. Overall Time Warner is a great company to work for.

Cons

Although the pay is great, I believe their are other "networks" that pay a little more. However, at the other "networks", you end up taking a cut on your benefits and vacation time. The cafeteria in New York, although quite good, leaves a little to be desired. Also, the ability to transfer internationally can be limited at times being that many people want to work overseas for Time Warner. Another issue that I and many others have experienced is the problem with the lateral move. If you decide that you don't want to move up, just somewhere else you are supposed to have a meeting with human resources. However, many people have discovered that human resources will then alert your supervisor that you are thinking of leaving, which can create some issues with your supervisor.

Advice to Management

Be more diverse with the assignment of senior positions. Although Time Warner is a diverse company, i still believe that there could and should be more women and minorities in senior level positions.

3. Good place to work

Current Employee - Principal Systems Administrative in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Systems Administrative in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Flexibility in the job and the variety of work available to do is primary for me staying at this company. The work that my particular group does is interesting, refreshing and current with today's companies and technologies. The ability to work flexible hours is ideal. The compensation seems fair. The line-level managers keep the employees informed as much as they are able.

Cons

The uncertainty of the company direction and the uncertainty of the market make working here frustrating and scary. Although the company feels they have a direction, it is not apparent to me. Certain money making properties have been thrown over board in light of making "softer" dollars.

Advice to Management

Don't give up on money making entities within the company. Do more due diligence when buying and selling properties/companies.

5. TIME WARNER HAS TREATED ME WELL

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

It's a great place to work in an awesome location, 58th and 8th in Manhattan. The building is brand new and the cafeteria is amazing as far as work cafeterias go. Great name recognition around the world. Proud to work here.

Cons

I feel like there are not enough events planned for New York Employees. The headquarters in Atlanta seems to get most of it. The security staff either needs to be paid more or trained more. They seem to lack enthusiasm for their jobs.

Advice to Management

Also would be better if the yearly employee assessments were conducted by HR instead of division managers just to keep it more impartial.

6. Great place to work

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Great atmosphere to work. Management seems to know what it's doing and communicates that message well with employees at the company. Benefits are strong.

Cons

Communication from top to bottom could be better.

Advice to Management

More transparency.

7. Time Warner a great place to work

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Salary and benefits. Great place to work wher you can balance your work and home life.

Cons

To many worthless positions that are redundant.

Wonderful place to gain experience and explore career paths

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Opportunity to grow, large portfolio of companies in vast array of industries, well developed business, creative and growing company, innovative

Cons

Very siloed organization, senior management can feel like a boys club, there is opportunity but it can be difficult to change departments

Advice to Management

Communicate mission, goals and growth paths more throughly. Bring more women into leadership positions within the c suite of each of the companies, HQ and on the board.

9. Great company - innovative market leader

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

innovative market leader ethical and treats people well great products

Cons

control of costs is sometimes challenging

Advice to Management

keep driving innovation

10. I loved working at Time Warner. They're a good solid company.

Current Employee - Senior Computer Operator in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Operator in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

The pay was very fair. The benefits were good. Several paid days off per year. Always a Professional atmosphere. Management was great. People were nice.

Cons

It was hard to move/promote into other areas within the company. I felt stuck within my department. I saw them hire from outside many times. I finally gave up.

Advice to Management

During my time at Time Warner, the leadership was great. Although I don't think I ever met or even saw the CEO, but I heard good things about him. I knew his executive secretary and she liked him.

11. Lots of opportunities for the right candidate

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Time Warner full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to move up or around.

Cons

Lots of re-orging. Lack of communication with corporate. Sr. managers disappear without warning.

Advice to Management

Keep the flow of communication going so that if you are not at the corporate office you still have an idea of what direction the company is going.

RSS Feed </> Embed