www.timewarner.com

Updated November 19, 2014
3.5

Time Warner President, CEO, and Director Jeff Bewkes
Jeff Bewkes

Pros
  • They emphasize work-life balance, I never felt pressured to work longer hours (than necessary) in order to succeed (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, training as well as vacation time (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Also there isn't a lot of room for growth within some of the departments (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management on some teams should not be there (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Tediuous

I worked at Time Warner full-time

Pros

Okay bonus payout for sales

Cons

Repetitive call work that doesnt have anything to do with sales

Fired for no cause

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Time Warner full-time

Pros

Liked the 40 hr job. Liked the benefits and the hours

Cons

Fired by HR after supervisor claimed I cheated on a test. I scored 95% and the people around me failed or scored less. She contacted HR and I was asked to leave the building. No support was given to me before/after the termination. I must now apply for food stamps until I start a new job and cannot get them without a termination letter from T-W and can't even get that. HELP PLEASE AS I HAVE A 5 YR OLD SON TO SUPPORT.

Make sure HR has better training and make sure that trainers are qualified.

No job security

I have been working at Time Warner (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Insurance, Solid 401K. Kind peers. Paycheck comes in American dollars.

Cons

Metrics run the show. You are always 2 bad months away from termination. There is little teamwork between management and employees. A very obvious social rift exists. Free time is only made available to supervisors and management. Having a sit, or a free time frame have all become extinct here. The pay is the worst in the area. Thats not an opinion. 12 dollars to start is the lowest of all service and install jobs I could find. As in anywhere, not just local. I mean like North America. You will work Saturdays or Sundays, unapologeticly, with no option for weekday only work untill a seniority of about 8 years or so has been reached. They have a top secret system for determining the shift seniority also. The system is not made known to employees. By and large you will work 4, 10 hour days. You will work holidays. Mangement does not. You will work on call. Management does not. Management does not work weekends. You will have a scorecard that has analytics speciffic to your work. If it passes their standards, which constantly get more difficult you will be given a 5% increase from your starting salary. You are allowed to top out at 18 dollars per hour. You will have your truck monitored by GPS and tracking software. If you are management you are not required to have GPS. Perhaps you are starting to see why there may or may not be a bit of a social rift with management. They are immediately deemed "more honest". Meetings are on Tuesday. In 6 years, I have never been to a meeting where we havent been told we need to do additional work. Not once has there been a meeting stating that something has been simplified so the workload can decrease. Cant wait for my opportunity elsewhere.

Get out in the field.

Seriously???

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

They provide a steady paycheck in a down economy. They also have benefits. They train anyone to do the job.

Cons

consistently ignores employee feedback which management asked for. Consistently ignores customer feedback. Consistently failing to think projects through in an appropriate manner (IE. the failure to forsee issues with poorly planned projects).

Try listening to employees, all the management seems to be self concerned. They refuse to listen to the mandatory surveys regarding them selves, and listen even less to the ones employees leave.

What has happened to Time Warner?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

The Benefits are great and you get a good length of vacation time.

Cons

Lack of acknowlegement and compensation. Assistants are the least paid and the most overworked. No bonus. Too much politics among managers. No room for advancement.

Listen to your staff. Get out and speak to people in the company. Know what your managers are doing/not doing and how they are handling their teams.

Company

I have been working at Time Warner (more than 8 years)

Pros

Low pay and expectations are excessive

Cons

Management is bad, they do not support their workers

Step up and listen like you tell your teams

Extremely Flawed Workflow

Former Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice building. All the fanciest restaurants in the US is in this building.

Cons

No QA team, developers have to do that. No production support, guess who gets called in middle of the night? Developers. The work flow is extremely flawed as developers can easily put work straight to production, yet management choose to ignore these bigger issues but focus on trivial ones like if the employee comes in on time or not.

Learn the 4 basic steps of the software development cycle and assign the right people for each step. Currently, developers are responsible for 3/4 of this cycle!

Politically Charged, Little to no Training

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

The employee benefits and perks look attractive

Cons

very politically charged work environment

Be more efficient at providing new consultants with materials regarding Time Warner's business approach and methodology.

Cowardly executive leadership...

Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Time Warner full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, etc

Cons

Pay above market rate; hard to find elsewhere in the area. The Tampa Bay market is depressed salary-wise, unless you're possibly in IT. With the facility shutting down, and the Company offering no opportunities for jobs elsewhere, it will be hard to find comparable pay in the area. Also, lack of executive leadership with starting up new departments - instead of standing firm, leadership cut and run, and thus, we are losing our jobs. Oh well, the Corporate office is in New York, so who cares about people losing their jobs?

Culture sub par for short time was there.

I worked at Time Warner (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay when was working

Cons

Laid everyone off after buying us.

Care more about employees