Time Warner Reviews

Reset
3.6
Time Warner President, CEO, and Director Jeff Bewkes
Jeff Bewkes

Pros
  • Good place to have work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, training as well as vacation time (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Not interested in cross training, Upper management tries to intimidate workers and constantly reminds you of how lucky you are to have a job there (in 6 reviews)

• Oh well, the Corporate office is in New York, so who cares about people losing their jobs (in 4 reviews)

1. What has happened to Time Warner?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

The Benefits are great and you get a good length of vacation time.

Cons

Lack of acknowlegement and compensation. Assistants are the least paid and the most overworked. No bonus. Too much politics among managers. No room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Get out and speak to people in the company. Know what your managers are doing/not doing and how they are handling their teams.

2. Seriously???

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

They provide a steady paycheck in a down economy. They also have benefits. They train anyone to do the job.

Cons

consistently ignores employee feedback which management asked for. Consistently ignores customer feedback. Consistently failing to think projects through in an appropriate manner (IE. the failure to forsee issues with poorly planned projects).

Advice to Management

Try listening to employees, all the management seems to be self concerned. They refuse to listen to the mandatory surveys regarding them selves, and listen even less to the ones employees leave.

3. Tediuous

I worked at Time Warner full-time

Pros

Okay bonus payout for sales

Cons

Repetitive call work that doesnt have anything to do with sales

Time Warner is stuck in the old age.

Current Employee - Payment Processor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Payment Processor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

There is low rate of layoffs, and the company matches 66% in your 401k plan. The company is very good with internal hiring. The company is trying to improve their procedures recently.

Cons

There are small chances of career advancement. Time Warner does not give good annual raises. Management is very shady in areas of knowledge, and progress. Very stagnant company. Made it harder to receive tuition assistance for career related degrees. Healthcare benefits should be administered to people that work full time, they get sick too.

Advice to Management

I would tell management to give greater incentives for employees and to raise low pay. Also, the company needs to streamline their rules and regulations, very wish-washy.

Time Warner, is it stuck in a rut?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Great Benifits, including medical, ental and time off.

Cons

Pay is below other simular companies- employees are overworked

Advice to Management

Better communication

7. Ok place to work if you like killing time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

TW pays well and gives plenty of days off. plus the work is really easy and you have plenty of free time.

Cons

ugggh. I had full weeks where I had nothing to do. I seriously came into work and killed the whole day. gets boring really fast. Management has no clue about work loads. They kept hiring more people, even though there wasn't more work to be done. No feedback form management either or room for growth. Middle managers

Advice to Management

Try doing your employees jobs. Share some responsibility with them. Middle managers have a ton to do and do not want to share their job responsibilities with their employees (for job security?)

8. Time Warner upper management seems seriously lost and will run the company into the ground.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Co-workers are great and the company offers good benefits.

Cons

Business decisions made by upper management often make little to no sense. It seems like change for the sake of change. The lay-offs are so common place, so random and so poorly handled that it evokes very little confidence in management.

Advice to Management

Find new senior management.

Good resume builder...if you can stay more than a few months.

Former Employee - Advertising Sales Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

Great resume booster- well recognized and respected brands open doors. From my position, I was able to see how the entire company was run which gave me insight to an international business. I was able to take on projects above my position and outside of my department to assist in my career development. Generally, the company likes to hire from within, so there is opportunity to move around the company.

Cons

High turnover rate- most people don't stay long because issues are ignored rather than dealt with, particularly disrespect among coworkers. Cutthroat- must be willing to politic in order to get ahead. Advancement is not always based on achievement or loyalty to the company. Issues of racial discrimination ignored by HR. Management doesn't know how to manage people.

Advice to Management

Find ways to keep good employees rather than rewarding those who make the most noise.

10. Good for your resume, but get in with the "in" crowd

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

Its a major media company and looks good for your resume. If you live in NYC, it provides an easy commute. Time hires very bright individuals

Cons

While hiring people mostly from name brand schools, many individuals are not in a position to fully contribute due to a highly political and competitive environment. work/life balance is poor and if you drop out of the "in" crowd, your voice becomes invisible - even if you put forth good ideas. Management does not communicate well to the masses.

Advice to Management

none.

11. Good for stability, but not for advancement

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

The benefits are only decent. Keep in mind this is a large company so although the benefits are good, you are a small fish.

Cons

Management is not scrutinized as well as it should be. Mailings are sent out every now and then about how great the company is doing, but whenever it's time for raises you will never see a dime.

Advice to Management

The money is very top heavy. There is no desire to instill loyalty with their employees. As a result everyone is always looking or a better job.

RSS Feed </> Embed