www.timewarner.com

Updated January 28, 2015
3.6

Time Warner President, CEO, and Director Jeff Bewkes
Jeff Bewkes

Pros
  • They emphasize work-life balance, I never felt pressured to work longer hours (than necessary) in order to succeed (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, training as well as vacation time (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Also there isn't a lot of room for growth within some of the departments (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management on some teams should not be there (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Working at Time Warner was a pinnacle of my creative career; the editorial team I worked with was top notch.

Former Employee - Art Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Time Warner as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Company culture. Great management.

Cons

The ONLY con was the termination of my long-term custom publishing contract due to company restructuring.

Please consider collaborating with contract employees to negotiate solutions to changing work needs and strategies; we are often as invested in our work and in the success of the company as a permanent employee, and bring valuable experience to the table.

No job security

I have been working at Time Warner (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Insurance, Solid 401K. Kind peers. Paycheck comes in American dollars.

Cons

Metrics run the show. You are always 2 bad months away from termination. There is little teamwork between management and employees. A very obvious social rift exists. Free time is only made available to supervisors and management. Having a sit, or a free time frame have all become extinct here. The pay is the worst in the area. Thats not an opinion. 12 dollars to start is the lowest of all service and install jobs I could find. As in anywhere, not just local. I mean like North America. You will work Saturdays or Sundays, unapologeticly, with no option for weekday only work untill a seniority of about 8 years or so has been reached. They have a top secret system for determining the shift seniority also. The system is not made known to employees. By and large you will work 4, 10 hour days. You will work holidays. Mangement does not. You will work on call. Management does not. Management does not work weekends. You will have a scorecard that has analytics speciffic to your work. If it passes their standards, which constantly get more difficult you will be given a 5% increase from your starting salary. You are allowed to top out at 18 dollars per hour. You will have your truck monitored by GPS and tracking software. If you are management you are not required to have GPS. Perhaps you are starting to see why there may or may not be a bit of a social rift with management. They are immediately deemed "more honest". Meetings are on Tuesday. In 6 years, I have never been to a meeting where we havent been told we need to do additional work. Not once has there been a meeting stating that something has been simplified so the workload can decrease. Cant wait for my opportunity elsewhere.

Get out in the field.

Wonderful Company

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Great company for a long lasting career

Cons

None at this time. No cons

Would love the ability to buy and sale vacation time....

Well-organized company with good corporate culture, particularly when compared with peer set.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner full-time

Pros

Leader in its industry. Rational decision-making. A minimum of office politics, at least at the mid-level.

Cons

TW's divisions operate very autonomously, so don't expect to get unfiltered exposure to divisional dynamics/economics.

Great Place to work, slow to advance

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

Great people to work with, lots of chances to move around in other divisions

Cons

hard to move up within a team or department, would need to leave the company or go to another division

Some of the best people in the business.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, salary and cultural perks.

Cons

I experienced no downside of working at TWI.

Young professional new to the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Leaders in the industry, a strong network of brands, some very talented people

Cons

Not a lot of communication during turmoil

More transparency

Great opportunities, but future always uncertain.

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Time Warner full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people. Good with working with the community and team building outside of the office. This was a great place to work for until several cuts made everyone uncertain and then the office became very quiet.

Cons

Always restructuring positions and job titles. Plenty of the professionals I worked with were laid off, including myself. They tended to keep more of the un-educated lower level workers around.

Put people first.

A rare opportunity to work with passionate people doing things that make other people jealous.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great properties / brands. People you look forward to seeing more than your own family. I mean you look forward to seeing them. Which is a big plus since you spend more time with them than your own family.

Cons

Not all the divisions play all that nice with each other. And the impending spin offs have made some people "check out" early.

Upper management do quite well balancing their own visions and offering reality checks.

Overall positive experience.

I have been working at Time Warner full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and communicative executive leadership. Innovative and ever-changing business environment. Recently adopted a practice to allow employees to explore opportunities throughout the various companies.

Cons

The corporate organization is rather small and as such, higher level executives tend to be in their roles for so long that their decision making can become stagnant. The culture is decidedly a boys' club and it can be evident which team members have already been selected for upward mobility.

Take a look at some of your long term leaders and determine whether or not a change is in order.

Time Warner Photos