Timelink

Edward M. Rizzo Jr.

A great experience

Finance (Former Employee)

I worked at Timelink full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSenior management was in the trenches with everyone else.

ConsNot enough funding the grow the business so it was sold to Kronos

Advice to Senior ManagementStart another company like TimeLink. I would love to be a part of it

Perfect company to get your career started with a boost!

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Timelink full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAwesome group of smart people, great office space, strong middle management, ability to wear many hats and exposure to large clients

ConsEmployee retainment, substandard upper management, lack of incentives, product (software and hardware) degression

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was done recently.. clean house, put a new plan in place and start over. Core company has a ton of potential, was an amazing place to work in 2006 - 2011.

Worked for more than 3 years.

I worked at Timelink full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEasy access to executives, terrific functionality in product, smart co-workers

ConsLong working hours a lot of time, lousy salary

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall - OK

I worked at Timelink full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood for beginning your Analyst careers, great potential in individual employees, helpful colleagues

ConsProduct cannot backup claims, very buggy, regressions in every release, not enough investment made for hiring US developers, too much investment made in offshore development team, does not have a working mobile phone app for the product, archaic user interface in product, CEO has too much say on product development

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to invest in US developers so that fixing issues have a faster turn around time; listen to Professional Services to understand what way the product should go; listen to Support to understand what features need to be improved; invest in your employees

Great learning experience for recent grads but not somewhere to stay for a long-term career

I worked at Timelink full-time for more than a year

ProsAccess to executives, travel, exposure to many aspects of the software industry, smart co-workers

ConsLow salaries, fighting between departments and executives, gossip, slow to change current processes

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the money to retain key employees, clean house with under-performing staff, get an HR department and put more emphasis on work-life balance.

Terrific company, just needs some tweaks

I worked at Timelink full-time for more than a year

ProsTerrific functionality in product. Very smart and caring management. Small company so it's easy to make a difference and to be heard. Good pay and technology.

ConsCompany is going a million miles and hour in too many directions. Priorities change on a dime. Most coworkers are excellent but to be honest some dead wood needs to be cleared out. I really really hated to leave but in the end felt like I was not able to be effective in current structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime for the company to grow up. Slow down, put some standards and processes in place. Set a clear vision and execute on it. Focus on the boring aspects of the business - documentation, training, planning, code quality.

Best Small Company

I have been working at Timelink

Prosflexiblity, small company, access to top management

Conslong hours, bad coffee, cold

Good riddance

I worked at Timelink full-time for more than a year

ProsNice building in a nice industrial park with lots of trees.

ConsNo direction from management. Lots of new folks who work long hours without knowing why.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomething is dreadfully wrong with your recruiting process. Given the insane amount of interviews that are conducted before one is hired, you would think all the pieces fit perfectly. They don't. The culture is terrible, management is poor nobody is steering the ship.

Tough but promising

I worked at Timelink

ProsLots of travel if you are in the right group, decent salaries in the revenue generating positions, good place to learn HR/TL

ConsSink or swim type atmosphere can be difficult for some people to deal with, limited advancement opportunities, reluctance to fire underperforming staff

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more effort into attracting and retaining high quality development candidates, don't hesitate to cut dead weight when it's necessary, offer more advancement opportunities in the software side of the business

Getting things done quickly is difficult

I worked at Timelink

ProsExcellent product that clients like. Knowing that organizations like school districts can cut costs and redirect that money to education is gratifying.

ConsExecutives are involved in minute approvals and can slow progress to a standstill.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people to do what they are hired for and give them more responsibility to make basic decisions. Micro-management will only help your competitors.

Worked for Timelink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Timelink reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Timelink CEO Edward M. Rizzo Jr. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Timelink employees.