Tintri Reviews

Reset
4.4
Ken Klein

Amazing Work-Culture!

Pros

-Great work ethics -Gives you space to explore and learn -Freedom to experiment -Approachable people -Helpful team members -One big happy family

Cons

-None that I can think of

2. Fun place to work

Pros

kind of big company style

Cons

Sales need pick up with new funding

Advice to Management

keep up the demain

3. Staff Software engineer

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri (More than a year)

Pros

Team work Work-life balance , very co-operative working environment, very transparent communication between upper management and team.

Cons

Not many as cons, although I think they can improve on project management tools

Sales, Sales, Management, Management!

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good and solid technoliges, strong engineering team, and nice pay checks.

Cons

Too many talkers, and too few doers right now. No career opportunities for employees, Hire a lot of average management from outside.

Advice to Management

Sales, Sales, Sales! Management, Management, Management! People, People, People! Vision, Vision, Vison! Excution, Excution, Excution! Give career opportunities to all employees, not just early ones.

All the groups are great except for Finance -not enough worker bees.

Current Employee - Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the groups are great at Tintri except for finance. The few worker bees that are in finance are outstanding!

Cons

Poor management in Finance. Too few worker bees and so many directors, sr. managers that do very little except to gossip about other finance employees. Accountants and clerks are working OT and the top management leaves after 8 hours and does not care if any accountant or clerk works all night and all weekend - either on site or remotely.

Advice to Management

Hire worker bees accountants and clerks. Stop hiring directors. Give the worker bees comp time - most do not get paid for OT - salaried Accountants. Clerks do get OT pay.

Good Run at Tintri :)

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tintri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My review is based on the overall experience at Tintri in the Marketing organization (not on what made me decide to resign). Here are the top five pros for me: 1. The CMO is awesome. As a marketing leader, she trust her team to get things done and will approve of any tools that will help the team succeed. 2. The marketing directors are friendly and same goes with the managers and specialists. We all go to lunch together because we want to not because we have to. 3. My former manager had a great relationship with Sales and that created a strong bond between the two teams. I noticed that since day one and it's so important to have that bond. 4. The sales folks here are just awesome. Hard workers. I love their feedback and support. It's wonderful to get that from a sales team. 5. Throughout the year, I worked with many talented Tintrians across different departments and gained so many friends. From HR to the TME, everyone was just a joy to work with. Overall, I had a good run at Tintri. :)

Cons

Like every company in Silicon Valley, there's always room for improvements and I am sure HR is aware of the current environment.

Advice to Management

Just two 1. Tintri will need to invest more in marketing in order to take it to the next level (budget/headcount). I am sure top management is aware of this. 2. It would be nice if HR implement a 360 review program where employees have a chance to review their managers.

No jerks

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Mountain View, CA

Pros

No jerks; Passionate; Great team

Cons

Common growing pains of a start-up How to keep "no jerks" policy?

Advice to Management

Managment, Marketing, Sales

Live up to your potential, Tintri

Former Employee - Anonymous in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tintri full-time

Pros

-big market opportunity if company invests in the right priorities & executes -great facility/amenities in Mountain View -compensation is fair -good work/life balance

Cons

-management can be out of touch -"no jerk" policy needs to be enforced - lead by example & hire folks who are team players -career opps can be limited, as in most mature startups

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - don't assume you know everything. Don't try to do everything at once - focus on trend-setting & anticipate the market vs. trying to join in the current flavor of the month. Give your best staff room to grow within the org. Practice what you preach on the "no jerk" policy - treat everyone (regardless of level) with respect. Say hi to them.

10. Marketing

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are passionate about what they do. I am new to the company and find my co-workers to be nice, enthusiastic about their jobs and committed to the company and its direction. I love that the CEO has implemented a "no jerks" policy. People are easy to approach and will listen and be helpful. I'm encouraged and inspired to excel at my job and to be a major contributor to Tintri's success.

Cons

I have nothing at this time. Everything's been great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive attitude and never lose the "No Jerks" policy.

Movers

I have been working at Tintri (Less than a year)

Pros

Every one of the 400 employees plays a strong role in this company. Each employee understands the strong differentiation of the technology, and how it is delivered. I see constant activity on a daily basis—it feels like movers are transporting the best features and benefits to the organizations that can gain value and can reap valuable returned time.

Cons

The market is saturated with storage vendors, some of which will fall away in several months.

RSS Feed </> Embed