Tintri

Great workplace, friendly people

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tintri

Pros

The people are really, really friendly and incredibly smart. One of the people I worked with developed the original RAID system. Also, there is zero company drama or any BS like that. They went out of their way to make sure the interns felt at home, and took us to great restaurants and fun offsite activities like laser tag. The pay was also significant, as they are doing very well compared to their competitors. Amazing company to work at.

Cons

There isn't a whole lot to do at the office. There are company hikes regularly, but I'm not a super outdoorsy person so I didn't go on any of them.

Challenge the Storage Quo

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Tintri is on fire. The company is selling a massively differentiated technology into a well established market. Working at Tintri is living inside the Innovator's Dilemma... witnessing the disruption of a $20B market. All I see around me is momentum--an unmatched rhythm of new ideas and products, analyst recognition, and fanatical customers. Senior leadership is seasoned and confident, giving the employees every reason to believe this company is a future giant.

Cons

Tintri is a mature start-up. Individuals looking for the fraternal feel of stereotypical Silicon Valley start-ups will be disappointed at the ping pong table-to-employee ratio. Tintri employees bond over doing great work, and prefer to use their evenings to spend time with their families.

The management team is the most transparent in the Bay Area. Our CEO writes his priorities on his office door for all to see. All-hands meetings expose the good, bad and ugly, and keep everyone up to date on major market and company issues. Stay transparent!

Amazing product, great people

Former Employee - File Systems in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - File Systems in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Tintri as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I interned for Tintri File Systems team during summer 2014 and the experience has been wonderful. Worked on a cool project which involved a lot of learning and gave a good perspective of the product. Tintri has a bunch of smart, nice and enthusiastic people around. 'No-jerk' policy that company believes in seems to be working pretty well. Company has a great work culture. They had planned outings/events for interns almost every week and we enjoyed our summer a lot. Quality of work and a culture that respects people and personal life defines Tintri. Loved coming to work every day!

Cons

Money and Reimbursements could be a small issues at Tintri. Also full-time salary is not competitive compared to other File Systems startups, but its negotiable. Anyway company culture compensates for it, so 5 star.

mts

I have been working at Tintri full-time

Pros

good culture, good work life balance

Cons

less youngsters, hire more women in engineering,

Great company to work for..

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay and benefits....New technologies and everyone is helpful.. Flexible schedule

Cons

Nothing so far and if they keep every day lunch that would be great :)

Focus more on sale and improve product line

Excellent team, smart product

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Focused and detail oriented engineering team. Great leadership. Top notch tech support. A spacious office. Monday lunches, Wednesday bagels and Friday beer bash. Work-life balance.

Cons

Usual fast growing pains. Re-prioritization of feature/releases due to rapid development cycles.

Keep the pace, market well and stay on track for the IPO

Early team member of the sales organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technology is second to none in the space and pioneering more efficiency with virtualized datacenters, but it's about the people that make Tintri hum. All teams are firing on all cylinders to grow our brand and culture. I'm grateful to work at such a standout and emerging company and it's a pleasure to come to work on the daily.

Cons

Along with a young company comes consistant growth and change. You have to be willing to adapt and move quickly. It's all hands on deck and it is about performance at every level and on every team. Slackers and seat warmers do not last long.

Continue to grow the culture and reward your team for the standout performance. Build the brand.

Next Big Thing

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I get to work on projects that have a significant and positive impact for our rapidly growing customerbase. We all help each other and we all pitch in to help make things happen. Ideas are taken into account no matter who came up with them, what their job title is or which department they're from.

As others have mentioned, there are great perks around food and office amenities too, but the culture is more what I love about Tintri.

Cons

The size of the company has doubled in the past twelve months and continues to grow. We're doing great job at scaling our staff and our processes and our facilities as we go, but it's definitely been challenging on top of the day-to-day challenges. This is only a con until it all pays off and I can say I was part of the next big thing. :)

Don't let us slow down. We need to stay at the front of our field as well as expanding our scope. Keep the innovation and the agility there as well as the culture to make it happen.

Great Technology, Great People

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been in the company for a little over a year. When I joined, I did not know anyone personally. But during the interview I got a chance to talk to everyone in the team. The biggest reason I joined despite not knowing anyone, were the people. We have great people here at Tintri. Smart of-course, but importantly very approachable and level-headed folks. Thankfully we have been able to preserve that culture and quality of people in the new hires.

The quality of the product is excellent, which means that there are rarely any weekend calls from support.
    Lots of scope for exciting new work. Overall a great place to work as an engineer.

Cons

About a year ago I would have said Marketing was an area of concern. But that is no longer a concern now. We are firing on all cylinders.

The next great storage company

I have been working at Tintri full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First, I really like the people and the culture. It's a collaborative atmosphere. There are new offices in Mountain View and the company is on strong up and to the right trajectory. Employees are valued and respected. And we're headed for an IPO as well, which will only help with visibility and credibility with customers. The team is full of "A" players that want to build something that lasts and of which we can all be proud.

Cons

I don't think there are any Tintri-specific things that are hard. I think the brand and messaging has improved considerably over the last couple of quarters. The market is standing up and seeing what Tintri can do. The presence at Tintri was very strong, with people lined up to hear mini-sessions and learn more about the business. I think there is a lot of growth ahead, and to be fair, with fast growth comes some growing pains, which are to be expected. But the company seems to be executing well and ahead of its plans.

Keep doing what you're doing. Avoid the temptation to be liked and do what is right for the company. Keep a focus on seeing values through to experience. The "no-jerk" rule is a good one and it should be more than a tagline.