Tintri Reviews

Updated October 5, 2014
Updated October 5, 2014
4.8

Ken Klein

Early team member of the sales organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technology is second to none in the space and pioneering more efficiency with virtualized datacenters, but it's about the people that make Tintri hum. All teams are firing on all cylinders to grow our brand and culture. I'm grateful to work at such a standout and emerging company and it's a pleasure to come to work on the daily.

Cons

Along with a young company comes consistant growth and change. You have to be willing to adapt and move quickly. It's all hands on deck and it is about performance at every level and on every team. Slackers and seat warmers do not last long.

Continue to grow the culture and reward your team for the standout performance. Build the brand.

Excellent team, smart product

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Focused and detail oriented engineering team. Great leadership. Top notch tech support. A spacious office. Monday lunches, Wednesday bagels and Friday beer bash. Work-life balance.

Cons

Usual fast growing pains. Re-prioritization of feature/releases due to rapid development cycles.

Keep the pace, market well and stay on track for the IPO

Next Big Thing

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I get to work on projects that have a significant and positive impact for our rapidly growing customerbase. We all help each other and we all pitch in to help make things happen. Ideas are taken into account no matter who came up with them, what their job title is or which department they're from.

As others have mentioned, there are great perks around food and office amenities too, but the culture is more what I love about Tintri.

Cons

The size of the company has doubled in the past twelve months and continues to grow. We're doing great job at scaling our staff and our processes and our facilities as we go, but it's definitely been challenging on top of the day-to-day challenges. This is only a con until it all pays off and I can say I was part of the next big thing. :)

Don't let us slow down. We need to stay at the front of our field as well as expanding our scope. Keep the innovation and the agility there as well as the culture to make it happen.

Great Technology, Great People

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been in the company for a little over a year. When I joined, I did not know anyone personally. But during the interview I got a chance to talk to everyone in the team. The biggest reason I joined despite not knowing anyone, were the people. We have great people here at Tintri. Smart of-course, but importantly very approachable and level-headed folks. Thankfully we have been able to preserve that culture and quality of people in the new hires.

The quality of the product is excellent, which means that there are rarely any weekend calls from support.
    Lots of scope for exciting new work. Overall a great place to work as an engineer.

Cons

About a year ago I would have said Marketing was an area of concern. But that is no longer a concern now. We are firing on all cylinders.

The next great storage company

I have been working at Tintri full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First, I really like the people and the culture. It's a collaborative atmosphere. There are new offices in Mountain View and the company is on strong up and to the right trajectory. Employees are valued and respected. And we're headed for an IPO as well, which will only help with visibility and credibility with customers. The team is full of "A" players that want to build something that lasts and of which we can all be proud.

Cons

I don't think there are any Tintri-specific things that are hard. I think the brand and messaging has improved considerably over the last couple of quarters. The market is standing up and seeing what Tintri can do. The presence at Tintri was very strong, with people lined up to hear mini-sessions and learn more about the business. I think there is a lot of growth ahead, and to be fair, with fast growth comes some growing pains, which are to be expected. But the company seems to be executing well and ahead of its plans.

Keep doing what you're doing. Avoid the temptation to be liked and do what is right for the company. Keep a focus on seeing values through to experience. The "no-jerk" rule is a good one and it should be more than a tagline.

Great Place and is growing fast

Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Sales in Remote, OR

I have been working at Tintri full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Work Environment
    Great Product and Space
    Amazing People

Cons

Listen to the field on what is needed in the next releases. They are closest to the end user

Focus on what features are needed, not just dreamed up by the brain trust

The product walks and talks as advertised. We need to market this above the noise.

It doesn't get any better

Current Employee - Channel Manager
    Current Employee - Channel Manager

I have been working at Tintri full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everything is a Pro... It all starts with the CEE-IT culture Ken Klein implemented. It drives who we are and want to be. It's a culture where the brightest minds come together to solve problems no one is solving. It's an environment open to ideas and the support to make those ideas come to fruition. Best career move ever!

Cons

There are no cons all positives

Keep doing what you're doing!

Awesome company, great opportunity all around

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Phenomenal technology
    Great people (SMART!)
    Leadership really cares about the team
    High pay

Cons

Cons are honestly discussed, addressed and fixed

Keep doing what you're doing and growing the company 400%+ YoY

Awesome internship experience

Current Employee - Filesystem in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Filesystem in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Everyone is friendly and willing to help out and talk things through. Company unofficially has a "no jerk" policy.
    - Employees are incredibly smart, many experts in the field.
    - Company is growing fast: we just moved into a huge new office (with adjustable desks!) and got a bunch of new perks (shuttle bus to Caltrain station).
    - Perks: Catered lunch Mondays, bagels Wednesday mornings, weekly donuts/beer bashes.
    - One of the employees took it upon himself to organize outings for the interns (we did laser tag, dinners, Santa Cruz boardwalk, bowling, movies, etc), so it was especially fun being an intern here!
    - Management is investing heavily in the company culture.

Cons

None so far. I had a bit of a rough commute but the company has just hired a shuttle service to/from the Mountain View Caltrain station.

Maybe a tiny bit more pressure on employees, but my perception is skewed because I was only an intern.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Tintri full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great; there's a friendly, collaborative atmosphere. Free lunch on Mondays, bagels on Wednesday, donuts on Friday, and a really well-stocked kitchen! Company is in hypergrowth mode so morale is high.

Cons

Not really a bad thing, but we are growing so fast we are running out of office space. We are moving to a bigger office soon though.

Don't lose the culture as we grow.

Tintri Photos