Tires Plus Reviews

Stuart Watterson

1. great place to work

Current Employee - Automotive Technician in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Automotive Technician in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you make great money, endless hours, great people to work with.

Cons

hard to move up within the company if you prove to be useful at your current level

Advice to Management

more time training, promote from within, and spread the butter all over the toast not just the middle ;D

2. Eh not horrible but not good

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay. Paid vacations/holidays when full time. Latest you work is 7/8pm.

Cons

Management sucks. Area managers just bark orders and requests all day. Have to constantly try to push people into things that don't benefit them or things they dont really need.

best place ever

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people. great pay. occasional paid lunches. if you ask questions. do your job. life is great. and if you want to know more just ask. very helpful team. lots of fun. learned a lot. loved working on my cars and test driving other cars. it was fun because if i was working on a car that i found that i liked. it was nice to have a short test drive from the parking lot to the garage. very professional place to work. got paid commission with base pay. gotta love that. payday every week. if a holiday occurred on payday. you get paid a day early . flexible hours. willing to work with to take time off. and if you didnt get your time off it was because of you and not management. you are warned to put in your notice early. so if you dont....dont expect off. schedules are fair.

fast place place so expect a lot of movement. makes the day go by fast.

Cons

some weeks not enough hours, because slow business. other wise not much to complain.
    during busy times. expect to feel sore afterwards,
    like any retail service place. expect horrible and rude customers. even when it was not your fault.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work. love that you care.

5. The work place

I have been working at Tires Plus

Pros

Decent pay not enough to pay bill with

Cons

It seems like you have to know someone to get ahead in the company and there is also no annually raise with this company

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about your bonus you are in management for a reason and that is to make customers happy and make the employees want to work for you. Employees should not feel like they have to quit to get a raise

6. Best job I ever had

Former Employee - Human Resources in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Tires Plus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great supervisor, good benefits, family feeling( before the big changes) interesting work.

Cons

Too many changes. Not enough personnel to do all the work there was. Was laid off when company was taken over and the new owner decided to move the corporate office to another city.

Advice to Management

Try to get some of that "family" feeling back for the remaining employees instead of letting them feel like they are just a number.

7. Expect a lot, and give little.

Former Employee - Service Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Tires Plus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours can be pretty flexible. If you are the store manager you can make pretty good money.

Cons

Everyone lower then the store manager is just another name. I worked below three very unethical managers at three different locations, and nothing they seemed to do, could get them fired. It was simply amazing, therefore, the room for advancement is non-existent. They didn't give the younger folks a chance, and kept keeping the "old dogs" around.

Advice to Management

Out with the old, in with the new, if you want to hire kids with college degrees who are willing to make the change you need to give them the jobs they deserve.

8. Over worked, and underpaid.

Current Employee - Installer in Saint Joseph, MO
    Current Employee - Installer in Saint Joseph, MO

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid beny's. Company pays for you to take ASE's, and rewards you for passing them. Upper management TRIES to focus on safety as well. Which can be annoying, but let us be honest, is important.

Cons

For reference, I am writing this review on January 16th, of 2015. The over all goal of Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) is to make on Forbes Magazine's list of "Premier Places to Work". But all I really witness is store management moaning about how upper management is telling them to focus on something different every friggin' week. One week it's alignments, the other it is customer satisfaction, the next it's up-selling inspections. The list goes on. Aside from that nonsense, they want their people who work in the shop to keep the place tidy like it's a show room for customers. Also the work environment is very competitive.

Advice to Management

Create low paying positions that focus on store upkeep such as inventory, cleanliness - basically all of the unskilled tasks that need to be tended to. Kids in high school who just got a license with an interest in the industry can finish their vo-tech program in high school, step straight into a general services position when they turn 18, and already be "company (wo)men". Do like cigarette and booze companies and hook them while they're young. You'll be able to create and train employees exactly the way you want.

9. tire tech/mechanic

I have been working at Tires Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all... Worse company. They will hire anybody regardless of background

Cons

everything... low wage, high workload, no appreciation.

More than 10 years with the company

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Tires Plus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay was average benefits were equal to the rest of the industry

Cons

Got released 10 months after my wife had a debilitating stroke even though my store was profitable and I put myself on a six day work week. They didn't even pay me for the three weeks vacation I accumulated.

Advice to Management

Be more compassionate

11. Stay far away

Former Employee - General Service Technician in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - General Service Technician in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Tires Plus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like turning wrenches and working on vehicles, this job is for you

Cons

Low pay, constantly having a manager try, key word, to talk down to you/intimidate you, there is a "good ole' boy" clique in the company, not getting proper training, being made to work more then 50 hours in a week and go 9 days plus without a day off, shop is always DIRTY and no one takes pride in keeping it clean. If you go against the grain of the guys you work with you will IMMEDIATELY become an outcast.

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out of your behinds. The saying "Too many chiefs not enough Indians" applies. You cannot treat your bottom level employees the way you do and expect great results.