Titan Reviews

Don Allman

1. Local experience was great

Former Employee - Coordinator
    Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Titan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Titan was a great experience for me and our local VP/GM was super encouraging and helpful. She wanted people to find the right role in life and enjoy career growth and development. She is an industry veteran and someone you could talk to about anything and she would try to help. The product and the mission are great. Our VP often says we are fundraising for an essential public service and saving taxpayer’s money while being creative at the same time. We had a lot of mandatory fun in the office and spent time doing Titan Cares activities as well. I have moved on and was able to because of the foundation I established while at Titan. Great local training so I can wear many hats.

Cons

I could probably list a lot little things but instead I will focus on the more global perspective. The company is run out of NY. There is a huge lack of communication between them and the rest of the company and at times respect. Quattro is also a Con and at times dealing with the government is challenging whether it is ad content issues or coordinating installs of copy. This is something to know when considering the transit advertising industry.

Advice to Management

Better communication with the rest of the company. Tap into your existing talent and realize it is 2015 and people do not have to live in NY to be able to contribute.

2. Good experience - could have been better

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Titan (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good product to sell. There is some good training and introduction to the industry. Lots of products to sell in our market. Good, experience support staff.

Cons

Challenge to break in for someone new. Not a whole lot of direction. Senior sales people were not very helpful. Local management seems to always be putting out fires. Although there may have been advancement opportunity, I didn't see any or have any conversations with management about this.

Advice to Management

Provide better coaching/tools at the local level for sales reps that are out pounding the pavement.Yes, your veteran sales people are important, but don't forget about your "rookie" sellers who are bringing in the new business.

3. Titan review

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Titan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid place in the advertising/Out of Home world. Some of the employees are very bright and motivated.Nice offices. Good tools

Cons

Where to start? Helps to work in NYC (but not really). Senior management is not helpful but incredibly judgmental, quick to make snap assessments without the benefit of facts. Turnover is unbelievably high, with some offices looking at 50%+ annually. Everyone seems to look alike.

Advice to Management

If turnover is a goal then you are doing a fine job. A lot have very proficient people have left the company.

Highly Recommend

Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Titan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Starting out as a receptionist who went on to hold several different positions until now being an Office Manager, I found that if you work hard, efficient, go above and beyond your responsibilities, you will definitely be commended. They look upon their own to promote from within, so if you have proven yourself to be a strong candidate for the position, you will not be overlooked. I have learned a lot about the business over the years and appreciate how much the company has come to value me as an employee. I have recommended 3 friends to jobs in various departments; all are still here and loving it. I will most certainly continue to recommend friends who I feel fit the job description and excel in the position.

Cons

Communication is definitely something that can be improved upon, but they recognize this and have been coming up with solutions. However, this goes both ways - I've noticed a lot of employees are quick to share their gripes with people who cannot do anything to help make a positive change. I promise you that if you confront management with a professional, positive attitude, they are happy to try and help in any way they can. As the company continues to grow they have also realized a more immediate need for better training as well as continued training. While this lacked for some time, they are definitely taking steps necessary to resolve this issue with all departments. Long hours - but they have found ways to help make up for it with the traditional bank holidays in addition to PTO, early dismissal around holiday weekends and have implemented summer Fridays.

6. okay to work for

I worked at Titan

Pros

Hours, my desk, my benefits, my bathroom time.

Cons

My co-workers, lounge, smelly people, constant phone calls, i just wanted to chill

All around good company with very few drawbacks.

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Titan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, personal responsibility encouraged, minimal micro-managing (depending on role/location), fairly open communication within management structure.

Cons

The sales environment is going to breed competitiveness and drama, setting expectations about it will minimize any negative feelings. Very little room for upward mobility between roles, building a career outside of sales will be difficult.

Advice to Management

Maintain relationships with non-sales staff to assure they are properly engaged in supporting the sales staff; their importance in revenue generation should not be ignored simply because their names are not on the commission statements.

Cheap

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Titan full-time

Pros

One big, happy family. Nepotism done right. Life's great when you are a CO's son, a SVP's nephew, or a VP's old friend. Racism is not as bad as it used to be. People need to lighten up. As a person of color, I actually hope they bring back Soul Food day for our brothers and sisters. And those fortune cookies on Chinese New Year? Divine.

Cons

We are more productive than ever but our wages remain low. Meanwhile, upper management continues to receive raises, promotions, and their yearly $80,000 shipment of the latest Apple gadgets. I've seen a lot of people come and go and they all complain about the perverted bait and switch. The job you sign up for and the job you actually get are two pay grades removed. If you ask for a raise to match market rates, they begrudgingly give it to you in installments and it will still be a percent below market. I heard some people got gift cards instead. It's like they're saying "we want to do the right thing... but not right now. In the meantime, here's some lunch money."

Advice to Management

Don't buy a Ferrari if you aren't going to take it past 3000 rpm. Stop taking credit for other people's work. You didn't make the sale. Bring back the fried chicken!

9. Great experience so far

I have been working at Titan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good local management, relatively fair comp packages, plenty of vacation days and time off when needed, great benefits and a solid reputation in the industry.

Cons

An above average amount of turnover at the sales coordinator level, but that is to be expected as most people don't want to be coordinators forever.

Advice to Management

Just keep expanding the company and acquiring more quality assets to sell.

Bate & switch!!! Beware

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Titan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good industry to get into. Company used to value employees and was great to work for 5 years ago. not anymore.

Cons

CFO is now calling the shots making the company cheap. They hide your commission numbers until May so you cannot see what you are making or really what they are not going to pay you. They change commission plans mid-year and find ways to keep your commission. You are punished for having a good year because the following year they will set your goal 20-30% higher making it unattainable so they can keep 20-25% of your commission. Company has become cheap.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring mid level executives that dont bring anything to the table and pay your sales people what they earn!

Enter at your own risk.

Former Employee - Anonyomous in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonyomous in New York, NY

I worked at Titan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries and benefits. Proximity to Grand Central (easy commute). Work life balance is typical for fast paced NYC company.

Cons

Management team is focused entirely on the numbers, treat employees like an expendable commodity to the point of being abusive. High turnover and low morale. Work life balance is typical for fast paced NYC company.

Advice to Management

Treat your people better, and try to put yourself in their shoes once in a while.

RSS Feed </> Embed