Titan

Updated January 14, 2015
Updated January 14, 2015
2.9

Don Allman

Be constructive not a hater!

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Titan (more than a year)

Pros

I personally love gift cards and car washes because I know most companies out there give their employees zero spiffs so you gotta love a company that can do that. Especially considering they represent the government. Speaking of which kind of hard to do anything illegal when you have full disclosure to the government. Unless of course the reviewer who commented on about ethics thinks swearing in the office is against the law....lol...Seriously though my experience with my local management was awesome and it was not because I was a favorite. I received my share of coaching but what my mgr didn't do was tell the world when I needed it. It was just handled. I realize perception is reality but please note as you read these reviews very few are constructive. So do your homework. Titan is a great company that launched my career in advertising and i always felt loved, guided, and coached. My market was and I know still is awesome!

Cons

NY does get a bad rap. But please if you are considering Titan do not base your decision on NY experiences. The outer markets have positive office culture especially now that most of the "questionable" management is gone. Turnover has been high this last year at the company in mgt roles but the goal was to get better. So the reviews here are dated as well and not reality to who may be running the market now. Check LinkedIn for reviews and ideas on who you may work with. And take everything here with a grain of salt. (except NY is tough, not gonna lie and stuffy)

I will echo what many have said already....pay attention to how hard the support staff works, pay the national AEs less money because really the coordinators do all of the work, and have some upper mgt representation from outside NY. You have a lot of smart people out there beyond NY and they deserve to help make this company better.

Great company, great CEO and great culture.

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Titan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Titan has truly been a great experience. I have been with Titan for 3 years(all in sales) and really enjoy work every day. There is great upside in terms of compensation and job title for those who really work hard. Titan is a sales organization and so there is always expectations to sell but no different than any other sales organization I have worked for in the past (worked for 2 other companies in sales). If you want to do the bare minimum in sales, Titan is not the place for you but if you hustle the sky is the limit.

Cons

Some of the internal systems/processes could use improvement/updating.

Make sure you take care of support staff.

Only there for a short time.

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Titan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

When i started they were nice and brought me around to see all the people and the president. I was there for a short time and i was given almost no direction.

Cons

I was there for a short time and gave me almost no direction. i didnt know if i was doing good or bad. i guess bad, since they let me go.

Stay there as long as you can because you wont do good another good company.

Somewhat Poor Company

I worked at Titan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very dedicated to community service and involvement. The compensation is decent - not sure what commission looks like on sales end.

Cons

Poor team culture, always seemed very stuffy. Poor work-life balance was always expected to be in the office at specific times and no options to work from home even though we were never working with clients in the office. Had no direction for development.

Titan review

Former Employee - Local Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Local Sales Manager

I worked at Titan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is for the most part a forward thinking and progressive natured firm. They have made real attempts to diversify their core product mix over the past few years.

Cons

The senior management team, especially the CEO is micro in nature and do not allow employees to think and act freely.

Please start to empower your team to act freely and independently. Allow the team to be the very best they can be.

Pretty good, with drawbacks

Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Titan as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Forward moving company, interested in staying on top of industry development, fun environment in smaller branches, opportunities as an intern to do good work if you were motivated (see first con,) parties for people coming and going.

Cons

Very slow to fill positions at the detriment of others in the office, sales staff highly prioritized over support staff, support staff overworked, apparent wealth divide between support and sales staff, low morale with a high number of employees leaving for better opportunities, everything needs to be funneled through NY office, incompetent GMs in a number of branches, competitive sales numbers "games" between offices.

Great company, excellent product, and high income potential

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Titan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great media products
    - Excellent team ... we have a lot of fun!
    - Collaborative environment
    - Ample support from all levels of management
    - Eclectic client base - keeps it fresh & interesting
    - Outside sales ... it's so nice to get out there & shake hands
    - High income potential

Cons

All companies have their "cons", however, I will say that this office doesn't have many. We work ridiculously hard, and that can be stressful at times, but all in all we have a great time and truly love what we do.

Great place to work - great office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Titan full-time

Pros

Good compensation, great people to work with in the office with a very familial environment. Solid management team in place with senior management...even CEO very accessible.

Cons

Not much to say here. I enjoy coming to work every day and feel fairly compensated. Only con is commuting in and out of downtown San Francisco

Keep it up

Worst place ever to work

I worked at Titan full-time

Pros

The CEO is a very nice and positive person but that's the extent of the pros

Cons

Horrible, cut-throat, incompetent managers (especially the one I worked for), brown nosers, clique mentality, forced dress code, I can go on and on about the atrocities of working there. Every day I went to the office I wanted to quit but financial issues basically made me stay there until I couldn't take it anymore. I'd rather take a job in the 9th level of hell than set a foot in that urban deathtrap.

Go to hell (especially to my former manager)

Brown nose capital of the world.

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Titan as an intern (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall it has a ok compensation if compared to the market.

Cons

Watch your back! If are not buddy-buddy with the management your chances of being recognized by your talent are none.

Have a good eye for people who truly make it happen. Implement training and advocate on employees behalf for a growing experience instead of taking things personally.