Titanium Metals

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bobby D. O'Brien

Great people. IT Managers have lost touch.

Site Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Henderson, NV

ProsGood benefits. Profit sharing. Good co-workers. Always performing conyinuous improvment.

ConsIT Management has lost sight to business needs. Pay not based on experience or market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of people with value add. Drop the dead weight. Align personal agendas with business needs.

Not the "Good 'ol Boys:" it's the "Good 'ol Girls"

Sales (Former Employee) Wentzville, MO

ProsThe pay and benefits were decent. Also, they provided snacks and coffee in the office.

ConsI worked in a sales office. Most of the sales reps were entrenched older women. Training was poor to nonexistent. Basically, if you aren't a female in your 40s or 50s you won't be accepted as "one of them" and will be discriminated against. Technologically backwards; pricing is still done from a printed off page and a calculator instead of a program. Micromanagement is rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to diversity in your sales office. You need to eliminate micromanagement. You need some sort of company-wide training program instead of offering no training at all. Also, you need to develop a pricing application.

Used to be a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Henderson, NV

ProsGood benefits but management is poor.

ConsNot managed well. Company will not spend money the right way. Would rather run people ragged with OT than hire more people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Titanium Metals (TIMET) - Toronto, OH

Technical Specialist (Former Employee)

Pros-I was allowed to work fairly independently -Most of the people were friendly -There appeared to some opportunity for advancement within the company -Pay was good

Cons-Got laid off in 2009 with a big downturn in the aerospace business -The plant is sort of out in the middle of nowhere, unless you consider Steubenville, OH a grand metropolis. Best bet is to live towards Pittsburgh and hope it doesn't snow too heavily.

Advice to Senior Management-None really, they were a decent company to work for.

Overall I believe Titanium Metals is a great company to work for

Middle Management (Current Employee) Toronto, OH

ProsGood benefits. Treat people well. I would say above average to work for

ConsNew owners not up to times and don't seem to care about people, just dollars

Advice to Senior ManagementNew owners, listen to the people in the field instead of beating them

Titanium metals corp - ok

ProsLaid back. should change due to recent acquisition

ConsNot much career growth opportunities

Trying and frustrating

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Exton, PA

Prosexcellent benefits and fair pay
    most people are honest and hardworking
    many different opportunities to learn
    fantastic potential that may never be realized because of a lack of belief in great leadership

Conssome people are horribly under-skilled, and yet, they get promoted
    backstabbing
    Only 2 women in senior management - 0 executives
    very good people have left the organization because staying meant 'playing the game' more than learning, growing, developing, helping the company succeed
    a few very bad senior management apples lead through intimidation, fear, and reactive decision-making.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the 'results at any cost' mentality before everyone with sense and ethics leaves the company. you can and should do better.

wish we had better floor management!!!!!

Roller (Current Employee) Toronto, OH

Prosclose to home wage is slightly above average

Consterrible management at plant level

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to plant employees sometimes

Not a very nice place to work!

Production (Current Employee) Swansea, Wales (UK)

ProsThe wages are not bad. The shop floor workforce are great. Unfortunately that's about all the good things I can say about the place.

ConsSenior management and directors have no concern for their workforce. People are disciplined for the slightest mistake. No money is spent on machinery or spares. It was bad before PCC took over but, now it is much worse. The managers are not managers. They are just bully boys for the company. Moral is at an all time low and it doesn't look like getting any better in the foreseeable future. Timet have got a lot of experienced and loyal people working for them, if only they would listen for once and use that experience instead of "YOU WILL DO THIS AND YOU WILL DO THAT " attitude, we could be a good company. My advice to anyone who is thinking of coming to work for this lot-
    DON'T!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the bully boy tactics and listen to your workforce for once.

Not a good place to work

ProsOk salary
    Ok benefits
    Ok work life bal

ConsManagement is not good
    No career path

Worked for Titanium Metals? Contribute to the Community!