Title Boxing Club

Title Boxing Club Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fun place to work and workout

ProsFamily orientated, flexible, offers training, free gym membership

ConsSome lack of understanding of individual responsibility.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your staff and members. But remember that you cannot make them all happy. If you want to make a change stick with it and stand behind it.

Great idea... depends on the owner

Sales (Current Employee) Nanuet, NY

ProsThe product is great. The environment is great. The people can be great. If you love fitness, this is a great environment to be in! The boxing classes are amazing and truly do work if you are looking to lose weight or learn some skill.

ConsDepending on your location, management may or may not know what they are doing. Each branch is individually owned so it is difficult to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees do what they are good at and offer some type of incentive for career growth so that they stay!

Great company with gray employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAll the employees are very kind and supportive. Always wanting what is best for you and all other workers. Fun time and I wouldn't change it for the world.

ConsThe days may be pretty long but you'll enjoy it. Might not like the sweaty smell but you get used to it very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth your time, which you will use a lot of

Trainer (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsFree use of the club, people who train there mostly seem like they want help getting healthier

ConsPay, immense amounts of time required, they expect you to be at a class you're running (for $20) half an hour before hand to wrap peoples' hands, and half an hour afterwards to schmooze and try and sell memberships to which you don't get paid commission only front desk does. You're constantly at the club trying to sell yourself basically, only to be undercut but life long deadbeat trainers that have ZERO experience in combat sports and screw their clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your trainers more, not gas cards, not gift cards, REAL MONEY

Not a promising career

General Manager (Former Employee) Johns Creek, GA

ProsFlexible trainer and sales staff work schedules

ConsJob duties constantly change. Pay structure constantly changes. Owner is not a Fitness person but tries to act like he understands the fitness industry. Owner is easily baited into making bad business decisions. Owner does not handle criticism from clients or management well.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwner needs to stay more behind the scenes, set quotas and help management find ideas on how to reach them. Owner getting involved undermines management and respect for management by both employees and members.

Coworkers are amazing, owner is terrible.

Front Desk (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people, everyone has a fitness background and really enjoy hanging out with each other at work and outside of it. The membership is a bonus because the workouts really are amazing.

ConsWhere to start... It really depeneds on who owns your franchise. The guy who owns mine constantly butts heads with the manager leading to people not knowing who is in charge. We were all "told" what we would be making but the owner refused to put anything in writing and then denied he ever said we would be getting higher wages and comission pay. I know my manager had to go in on his off days several times to teach class and the owner triied to pay him his normal wage instead of the higher trainer pay. I didn't have a background in teaching the classes and the owner told me several times during the interview that I wouldn't have to worry about it but at the last second he made sure to tell me there may be a time when I would have to cover a teaching shift. I know my manager is irate because he just found out the front desk people at a different franchise make more than he does. I think the average length of employemtent here is a little over 2 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the managers run things, they were hired for a reason and it helps us know who to talk to about everything.

Worked for Title Boxing Club? Contribute to the Community!