Title Resource Group

2.8

Don Casey

Great people unstable industry

Former Employee - Title Examiner in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Title Resource Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everybody worked hard and they fed us food

Cons

I wish there was more training

Great company to work for

I have been working at Title Resource Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefit package, flex time and good work - life balance, cafe in the premises, excellent walking path and a gym in the building

Cons

Cafe food can be expensive,

None

Proud to be part of an ethically run company.

I have been working at Title Resource Group

Pros

A very ethical company that maintains flexibility for employees relating to work schedules and family demands. The company rewards hard work and provides opportunities for advancement.

Cons

The company is overly conservative at times and does not strive for growth. Also, raises are minimal.

Consider providing raises to employees that are more meaningful than 1-3%.

West Coast Escrow is running downhill

Current Employee - Escrow in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Escrow in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Title Resource Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Medical, Dental and Vision benefits. They offer a help desk for IT Support, but it's a 50/50 chance as to whether or not they can help. The people answering need more training.

Cons

In my experience raises are not often and when they do happen are quite small. Training on the escrow software is practically non existent. We don't have a training department or even a director. You also have to get in tune with how Coldwell Banker Real Estate wants everything done and fix your workload strategy to match that, NO, we are not owned by them but sometimes feels like we are.

BIG CON: Every year we get hours cut shortly before the holidays. We are still busy the last part of the year and need to work but are expected to cut back yet still provide the "truly remarkable service" they promote. It's my belief that this leaves the executives with a bonus for being under budget for the quarter/year.

The parent brand (Realogy) is traded on the stock market but I've never seen an offering for a discount, although on one town hall meeting they did tell employees if they want to support the company to go out and buy some (stock), as if most of us "average to lower income individuals" have our own brokers.

Clean house with their the executive/senior management group, starting at the top, Anyone that has ever sat down and had a conversation with the President will know what I'm talking about. I have overheard members of her escrow group exclaim "I don't like bringing her to meet clients, you never know what will come out of her mouth" and worse. She's the person everyone rolls their eyes at when they're not looking or is talking on the phone with her. There are a bunch of of fed up people but no one does anything about it. I wish TRG HR would poll the group anonymously. I was told about this site (glassdoor.com) from another TRG employee and I will be doing the same.

I worked here for years and it progressively got worse and worse.

Former Employee - Title Examiner in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Title Resource Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My main reason for staying was the job security, but I was just fortunate to survive the mass layoffs. Some of the co-workers are cool.

Cons

Everything went downhill over the years, ranging from things like them not matching as much on the 401k's as much as they used to, to the fact that several departments were stuck on mandatory overtime for over a year straight on more than one occasion which made it impossible to manage any sort of life outside of work.

Treat the employees better.

Dead End

Current Employee - Escrow Processor
    Current Employee - Escrow Processor

I have been working at Title Resource Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stable parent company in Realogy, good benefits.

Cons

While the parent company has a lot of growth opportunities this does not trickle down to local title and escrow entities. Unrealistic profit goals are set and corporate does not seem to have a realistic grasp on the profit potential of escrow. Title and Escrow will never be a huge profit center and is there to support the other business units, and will never be a huge money maker on its own. So the line from corporate is always "do more with less people" and "no raises this year" because despite being busier than ever our little company did not make as much money as the year before. Overtime is not allowed but you are told to "find a way" to get everything done so everyone ends up working extra hours for free just to get ahead of everyone else and ensure job security.

Local management comes and goes as they please rarely working an 8 hour day but act like its the end of the world when a low level employee needs to take a couple hours off for a doctors appointment. Getting approval to leave a few minutes early to go to the dentist is a complicated process that needs approval from several leads and tons of explanation, and they will keep you guessing until the very last minute whether its approved or not. This kind of disrespect for the employees' time is bad for moral.

Coldwell Banker

I worked at Title Resource Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people, great working environment

Cons

No advancement, lots of favoritism, boys club

Be more impartial

Supervisor

I worked at Title Resource Group

Pros

- great people
    - good process
    - gym, cafe, and free popcorn daily

Cons

- poor upper management
    - power struggles between the departments hinder the companies success
    - follow thru on processes are not done which caused problems

Listen to your employees, they see what's going on and upper management is derailing your success.

Stay Away from Dallas!

Current Employee - Agency in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Agency in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Title Resource Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Um...free coffee and Coke. That is unfortunately about it. Sad, but true.

Cons

The CEO of this Dallas-based company does not even live in Dallas. He worked for a failed company, then got this job, and hired all of his own -- paying them way too much. People get "let go" all the time, to only be replaced by people under them. Very corrupt when you look to what the Richmond-based CEO is doing.

Get rid of the Richmond-based CEO. He is making this place horrible and nobody seems to care so long as the parent makes $$$

Overall ,it was a great place (TRG)

Former Employee - HUD Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - HUD Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Title Resource Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Friendly people-
    -Training not too hard to learn or pick up
    -Enjoyable environment
    -Nice casual clothes most days
    -When busy, you can pick up lots of overtime

Cons

-Slow times are slow, either its really busy or very slow. When it gets really slow there is almost no chance for overtime
    - Some supervisors are not knowledgeable about the positions of which they are supervising
    -Need more accurate training (a lot of miscommunication and mistakes made that I've seen due to different methods of training)