TitleMax

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tracy Young

Pros:
  • "General Managers earn 80k to 100k a year"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Good pay, great co-workers, chance to run your own unit"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management (anyone above a GM) has no idea how to do the day to day activities of a store"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Family work life balance is a joke"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

LOTS OF ROOM FOR GROWTH AND OPPORTUNITY

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Augusta, GA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time for more than a year

ProsSALARY SALARY SALARY; Without a degree you have a chance to make 100k/anually (GMs); you are trained hands on in customer service, title loan policies/procedures working hand in hand with tag offices and other companies. You meet wonderful, upbeat people (employees and customers). The growth opportunites are amazing if you're hungry enough to go after them. VERY PROFESSIONAL AND LOAN PROCESS IS LEGIT AND MAKES SENSE. MY ADVICE: LEARN IT. LOVE IT. ITS WORTH IT

ConsWORK LIFE BALANCE-COLLECTIONS; ITS DIFFICULT WHEN YOU ARE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR IRRESPONSIBLE DISHONEST CUSTOMERS WHO HIDE COLLATERAL AND REFUSE TO PAY....
You're only allowed to take a week off at a time ( not including FMLA- emergencies...maturnity leave...etc)
Wear/tear on your vehicle (CSRs/ASMs) from field visits but you are reimbursed for mileage. High miles put on your personal car and no they dont cover maintenance/

Advice to Senior ManagementMAINTAIN MOTIVATION AND GREAT LEADERSHIP; THE COMPANY GIVES GREAT OPPORTUNTIES TO EMPLOYEES WHO ACTUALLY WANT IT; SEEK THOSE EMPLOYEES; THEY ARE HARD TO COME BY
ASM's bonus should be a more.

Upper management tough, never been talked to by a member of Senior Management like I have here.

General Manager (Former Employee)
Peoria, IL

I worked at TitleMax full-time for less than a year

ProsThe company will spend an inordinate amount of time training you to make you a better Manager. My District manager here was great at grooming me into a good manager of the business, instead of just being a leader. The company will start you at $30k per year, and you receive a 5% profit bonus every month, and 2% New Loan bonus as well if your charge offs are less than 2% for a rolling 2 month period. Sundays, and most major holidays off were a plus for me coming from Big Box retail.

ConsUpper management need to learn to coach their people instead of berating them for not hitting the goal set for them. I have never been talked to in the manner which the Regional Manager, and above have talked to me here. The other part is the General Managers work 50+ hours per week, you go in at 8:30a.m. you may have time to take a lunch, and then you don't get to leave until atleast 7:30p.m. 4 days a week unless it's your short week in which you have that Wednesday off.

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach your employees, don't beat them up.

Don't believe the Hype

District Manager (Former Employee)
Albany, GA

I worked at TitleMax full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is a Fantastic company. I was employed for 5 years with TitleMax. This is one of the few companies that allow you to make 100 K a year..Without a degree. All you need is drive and desire. I left for medical reasons. If I lived in a state where TitleMax had offices..I would be employed with them again. When I left the company I felt lost. I had separation anxiety.. I started out as a CSR..and quickly worked my way to District Manager for District 4. If I can do it..anyone can. I'm a female..at the time had 2 teenage daughters..no degree..they gave me they gave me the opportunity to prove I could do it. So when people say there is no room for growth or TitleMax only promotes from the "click" ...that is not the case. I can assure you this company went above and beyond to help me when I needed it. As far as the hours..they aren't any longer than any other company. If given the opportunity. ..and your willing to take pride in your career..This is definitely the employer for you! Jozie Pollock

ConsThe only con as far as TitleMax is concerned...There isn't one in Colorado.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring, promoting, demoting, and relieving people of their position until you get the right fit for that position..no matter the turnover rate. I'd rather go through 10 employees and find that "rainmaker" than settle for anything less. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for that values its employees.

Marketing Director (Current Employee)
Savannah, GA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking at TitleMax has been a really great experience. The company has a really great culture that focuses on employee performance and recognizes top performers. I've been promoted multiple times since joining TitleMax 5 years ago. I can honestly say that I love coming to work every day.

ConsTitleMax has some IT challenges that need to be overcome. The good news is that the Senior Management have recognized this issue and are proactively addressing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't do anything to change the company culture - it's in a really good place right now.

Customer Service Representative

Greenville, SC

I have been working at TitleMax full-time

ProsThere aren't any pros at title max..

ConsCall customers all day, put so many miles on your car driving to customers houses, their references houses, and their jobs. These customers live in rural or very urban neighborhoods..Clean out filthy cars. Gross! Management makes you put illegal fliers in parking lots..Basically, you are the flunky if you are a CSR. There is not work/life balance here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPetition to shut this buisness down!

Underappreciated, I've never felt worse about going to work than I do now. Walk away while you have the chance

General Manager (Current Employee)
Savannah, GA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou'll meet some amazing co workers, If you're competent in your job you can provide solutions to people's misfortunes

ConsYou'll be passed up for promotion for a new hire that knows the DM or RM, I've driven close to 10,000 miles this year for work, no raises, no sick pay, they somehow get away without providing insurance to CSR's. Oh yeah, and they sent out a document to make people have to go through arbitration only because they consistently get sued for work place labour violations.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink how you treat employees, I'm sure the tiny bit you save not giving us raises is tiny compared to people quitting and having to pay to retrain. Stop sending out documents making workers surrender their rights...

Stay away at all cost

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Greenville, AL

ProsOnly one . The money

Conslong hours, have to be crooked. they dont care about employees

Advice to Senior ManagementActually care about your employees instead of just the bottom dollar.

Try it if you really have to

General Manager (Current Employee)
Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time for more than a year

ProsDon't ever have to work on Sundays.

ConsReactive and not proactive company to work for, everything is a knee jerk reaction. No consistency from DM or above. DM's and RM's know nothing about the daily business operations. No idea how to run a profitable balanced business. They are only worried about growth which does not mean profitability. If you have to do this keep looking for something else. The money is not close to what they promise.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Keep Looking

Store Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TitleMax full-time for less than a year

ProsCompetitive pay for the industry, full computer training, rotating Saturdays, PTO, other than that I can't think of any other "perks" compared to other jobs

ConsPoor upper management skills-Like most reviews say, they sell you this pipe dream of earning potential which is very unlikely. They'll constantly mention these rare "million dollar" profit stores, and will expect you to do the leg work of marketing and advertising THEIR company by going around business to business begging and hanging door flyers. You will have to drive all over for 38 cents a mile-which barely covers gas. All HR will do is cover their behinds over morality and they will hire and fire at the drop of a hat. They have this wonderful video about company values and ethics-but it is a total joke considering they do the opposite of everything they represent. The Store Manager position is a joke, it's really only an Assistant Manager position or as I like to call it, a well trained CSR. In this company it's not what you know, but more so who you know. This was a total waste of time and an insult to someone who has real experience. All you will be is a SALES REP paid mostly off commission with no job security. Please take heed-you'll regret it! If you need to take the job for obvious reasons, keep your resume floating and search like heck-you'll be glad you did. If you have a family, don't count on this as definite income either. They'll use you up and kick you to the curb like yesterdays trash especially in those "at will" employment states.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay close attention to your DM's and RM's and stop letting people leave great jobs and opportunities for your pipe dreams-your making the economy worse with the revolving door of employees thinking they've walked into a great company! Be upfront about the positions and that they are sales jobs-not actual customer service based or management.

It's okay...

I have been working at TitleMax

ProsIt's easy to learn the process and tends to be an easy transition depending on who trains you and who you work with.
Very easy job

ConsAdds too much mileage to your vehicle and only get reimbursed .38 cents.
Upper management is horrible. Anyone over your general manager sucks!
Many false hopes. They tell you one thing and end up doing the complete opposite. Find anyway possible to not give out bonuses to those who qualify.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people by lies and telling them they're going to be promoted in so many months and never do it and telling people they are going to make so much but only make half of that when they get their paycheck.

Worked for TitleMax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TitleMax reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TitleMax CEO Tracy Young. All 99 reviews posted anonymously by TitleMax employees.