TitleMax

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
2.6

Tracy Young

Pros
  • Pay is good for GM's and above, but SM's, ASM's and CSR's are paid (in 10 reviews)

• Great pay, 40 hrs a week, Work every other Saturday and Sundays off (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance once in management is horrible (in 17 reviews)

• Upper Management always threatening your job when numbers aren't in line (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Job Ever !!

Current Employee - General Manager in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, good hours, a lot of opportunities to grow within the company, great training

Cons

I dont have an issue but you have to be flexible to move to get promoted faster

Keep doing what you are doing, its great

Liked working for TitleMax did not like the long hours

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TitleMax

Pros

I loved the face to face contact with people every day. in between helping clients you have a little bit of time to mess around.

Cons

The break down of the working hours are horrible. They make the work week start on a Wednesday from like 9 to 7 and on Saturday from 10 to 4.

Title max should be open the same hours as banks. Also on Saturday's TitleMax should allow their customers to get off by 12 noon.

Very rough job, do not do it

Former Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at TitleMax

Pros

I loved my manager and district manager. Hours weren't bad, home by 8 most nights and Sundays off. Got to learn appraisels and how to write expense checks.

Cons

The customer base is terrible and will lie about everything, ie; why they didn't pay their bill, they'll say you never called even though you have to call all latest 2 times a day. Its rough to get your calls in because you are constantly busy writing loans. The repo process is insanely detailed and taking away people's cars sucks.

Streamline everything. Underwriting should not be up for questioning all the time. Customers are not always right, especially here.

No one retires from TitleMax.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Savannah, GA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TitleMax

Pros

Steady work, ok pay. 401k after 6 months

Cons

The ones that work the hardest with the highest goals to achieve are paid the least.
    Huge turnover rate. Unrealistic goals. If you are reading tons of great reviews from current employees, check the source.
    There is a staff at the home office that do public relations and one of their functions is to add positive reviews on sites like this one.
    If you see a review that is just brimming with wonderful things about TMX, then it is a corporate employee fluffing the company.
    Dig in and read as many reviews as you can about this place and a pattern of discontent will emerge.
    No sick time. And don't even think of getting to use your paid time off. Doesn't happen and you can't cash it in in Georgia unless you are a corporate employee.

Listen to what your stores are telling you and stop hiring unqualified people off the street making double what the a qualified CSR makes.

I started out as a CSR 2 and a hald years ago and now am a General Manager with my won store!

Current Employee - General Manager in Arab, AL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Arab, AL

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Here at TMX Finance you have great managers who guide you every step of the way to make sure you reach your full potential. They also really believe in great compensation for all the hard work you put in.

Cons

My biggest challange so far has been deciding who to promote. Titlemax does such an amazing job of seeking out the perfect canidates for our positions and training them so well that you want everyone promoted right then.

Title Max

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at TitleMax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hour lunch
    off every sunday and every other saturday

Cons

Collection visits in bad neighborhoods
    Collection calls twice a day

I have worked for Titlemax for over two years. I started off a Csr and I am now a General Manager.

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is always room to grow. Your hard work and dedication never goes unnoticed. The company recognizes your accomplishments and shares them with everyone in the company.

Cons

I think my biggest challenge working here has been making time for family. The stores are open late and with that comes later working hours and less time for family dinners.

Time Served

Former Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at TitleMax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They compensate very well for this industry and depending on your position in the company there is a family feel at times.
    Promotion is swift as long as the right people like you.
    When you finally wake up and decide to leave they won't make you stick out another 2 weeks. They will gladly let you leave in peace. (that's a PRO,right?)

Cons

I guess the family feel is in a way forced....since you are ALWAYS at work!
    They will tell you it's your store to run but will then micro-manage the heck out of you. In a promotion sense, it's "Who do you know?" not " What have you done?".
    Constant pay changes for GM's. Scheduling requirements change for GM's on a whim.

Stop micro managing
    Don't say it's company policy if it's not. If you want to make it a company policy, then do so.....But make it universal for everyone. It's not right to pick and choose which policy suits you for whatever situation arises (especially when it's NOT an actual policy)
    Don't set standards for promotion if you're going to promote someone who doesn't meet them over someone who is more qualified.
    You've lost a lot of good people in a short time. Maybe it's time to take a step back and reflect on why that is. It's one thing to be extremely profitable, it's another to be greedy!

Don't do it if you are looking for long term employment.

Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at TitleMax

Pros

Supplemental Bonus- you get it when you first start if you come in as a Store Manager up.

Cons

The District manager and upper management don't care about you, they only care about their Bonuses.

TitleMax is a very uniquely biased company

Current Employee - General Manager in Port Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Port Birmingham, AL

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay for GM's off on Sunday's

Cons

Very few minorities have executive level positions in their corporate office yet are everywhere you look in store level positions. Promotions outside of store level for minorities is rare if ever no matter your performance or previous accomplishments within the company.

Review your hiring and promoting practices use an internal review board find out why their are no high level minorities as executives when so many of your general managers are minorities.