TitleMax Reviews in Richmond, VA

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014
2.7

Tracy Young

Pros
  • The pay is great and they have a lot of events for employees could network (in 13 reviews)

• I have followed the career path that was presented to me upon my hire date and I am now a General Manager (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • There is zero work/life balance- if you are a GM you are expected to work 50 hours/ week (in 17 reviews)

• Upper Management always threatening your job when numbers aren't in line (in 29 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I'm more than a number here

Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is exceptional. The DMs and RMs honestly care about what's going on in your life outside of work. The bonus is completely based off things in your control.

Cons

you still work holiday saturdays. Even if you're scheduled off that Saturday.

Not what you expect

Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are closed on Sundays

Cons

There is no work life balance

need benefits for all employees

The perfect job for someone who wants to spend all their time at work and away from home.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at TitleMax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was excellent, the office environment was great and the people I worked with are great. Some customers make the job a little better because they pay on time and save us the headache of having to call them and their references 2 times a day.

Cons

You literally work from sun up to sun down. Monday-Saturday. You get every other Sat off and some other random day every other week but that's it. By the time you get off, all you have time to do is go home and go to sleep because you get off so late and the work drains you. It gets annoying having to call the same people everyday who are delinquent and its especially annoying to have to go to their houses just to give them a letter that can be mailed. This is not a job for someone who has a conscience. People get loans that are on SSI or unemployment and make less than 1,000 a month yet they have loan payments of 200-400 a month. You feel bad giving these people money they can't pay back and when they can't pay, they will break out the sob stories. Unless you become a general manager, you get no benefits. If you make someone go out into unfamiliar territory just to give someone a letter, you should offer them some kind of life or health insurance since they are putting their lives on the line for YOUR company.

Come up with a better way to handle delinquent accounts. We spend everyday calling the same people and then going to their house or job just to hand them a letter that can be mailed.