TitleMax of Georgia

TitleMax of Georgia Reviews

Updated Jan 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ok company, still going thru growing pains since this is a newer company in the Illinois market.

General Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people to work with!

ConsDistrict manager is manipulative and puts employees against each other, HR is horrible with working with people that need a leave for medical reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to subordinates advice could lead to the company advancing in the Illinois market faster.

Great Company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

I have been working at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat environment, growth potential and raises

Conspay could be higher for the area

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement is supportive and on time!!

No regard for team

Management (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for more than a year

ProsPeers are above rest in comparison

ConsPoor leadership and upper management communication. In addition to no consistency with regards to process or policy. Shady Upper Management

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job in screening your DM's and RM's. Just because they're friends of DVP's doesn't mean they're right for the job. They need to be audited by corporate !!

It was ok, but long work hours/travel

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat pay. If you're placed in a good store it can be a nice experience.

ConsNo life, long hours. If you are a CSR it an be a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle

Promises, Promises....all work no down time...

General Manager (Former Employee)
Macon, GA

I worked at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for less than a year

ProsPay is good, once you make GM. But, you will work a lot of hours to achieve it.

ConsTold a 45 hour work week, as a GM. Then was told one I made GM that I would nees to work as many hours as required. When they put you on salary they can, and will, work you six days a week. Its not a family oriented company, they will use you up and replace you without thinking twice about it. I was recruited from a job where I worked a lot of hours, but made a lot more money. The first few months were good...40 hours per week....nice

Advice to Senior ManagementStop burning out managers....get aome stability....it is a good business model but at the end of the day you could care less about your employees, unless they are part of "the click"!

This Company is Awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Savannah, GA

I worked at TitleMax of Georgia full-time

ProsThe company's corporate office is a great place to get some professional experience on your resume. They are about giving new graduates opportunities. The pay is great and they have a lot of events for employees could network.

ConsNot a great place to get to comfortable and retire. The turnover is awful. There is a lot of underhanded and unethical practices with money along with the discrimination of employees. They rarely employ minorities in the executive and corporate level management positions, but when the company does, these people are given pure hell. Many of the corporate mangers and executives are very incompetent. They tend to have this wild intimidation towards employees that are more knowledgeable or better qualified. No one likes change and innovation. They are quick to blame anyone for unsuccessful new products. This is a multi-million dollar company and is draining its employees to produce top notch money making work on their boot leg systems that are always going down. Tracy Young is a very nice person, but its the people he hires to make decision at the corporate office that will cause his company to eventually go down the drain. I would not recommend this company to anyone to work for as a long term means. If you have a secure job, please do not leave your job to work for this company. They will try to get you in there and dangle great pay in your face. Trust me its not worth it.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to get their acts together. There are way too many layers within the business structure, which will cause a serious distort in communication. The company's website and marketing is well laid out. However, the company needs to practice the culture that it markets. Stop being so intimidated by your employees. They are there for the team not for your personal recognition. The corporate office is a madhouse. Stop making employees feel like slaves and servants. Labor is a company's biggest asset. It is your job to set the tone and make people want to come to work. You know, statistics and studies show that employees perform well when they feel rewarded and appreciated.This is a reflection of your leadership skills that will make the company look great. Your unhappy employees and high turnover is very awful and dangerous for your industry. The most reliable marketing is through word of mouth. Stop pissing off the people/team that have the most incite/knowledge of your company and could market your products the best.

Long Hours

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Columbus, GA

I worked at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay and opportunity for growth is good.

ConsCollections side of business can make for a long day and have you out after hours trying to collect accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the constant changes to policies and procedures!

A Networking Company

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for more than a year

ProsThe hours are okay . Our two district managers were the ones who been there a awhile and knows the ups and downs and their employees' worth. You meet a lot of good people with great skills.

ConsThe marketing startegy of going into the fields is gruesome when you need your employees at your own store to handle calls and new customers. There are not enough promotions to get more customers in.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a staff that handles the marketing for the communities or district and when you have good and honest sales managers, help them build a good store team.

OK

General Manager (Current Employee)
Columbus, GA

I have been working at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBest Salary in the industry every other weekend off

ConsLong hours
high pressure
company does not care about there employees

Advice to Senior Managementquit worrying about making as much money as possible and actually care about your people

Store manager

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at TitleMax of Georgia full-time for more than a year

ProsSteady work with no chance of slowing down.

ConsType of work is taking advantage of people in their time of need. It fixes the immediate problem but creates a much larger future problem in mist cases. The typical customer does not understand simple finance and think they can make payments but really it is worse then a cash advance in a credit card. And in order to grow your store you expected to pay for marketing, signs, and customer apprieciation parties out of pocket .

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople that have made six to nine pawn renewals are obviously believing this to be a loan and should qualify for a more traditional loan repayment scale with a more reasonable APR then 200%.
Also cold calling is probably the biggest waste of time for this industry. If some one is backed into a corner and has no other options for money, they will find you. You don't see ER's cold calling past patients to see if they want to come in today.

Worked for TitleMax of Georgia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TitleMax of Georgia reviews and ratings. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by TitleMax of Georgia employees.