TitleVest Reviews

1 Rating

1. Wall Street Star

Former Employee - IT Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at TitleVest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not only are you working with some of the top talents in the title insurance industry, but some of the nicest people around. The two floors buzz with interesting personalities; more Cheers than The Office... Space.

Cons

You work on Wall Street.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Best Title Insurance Company to work for!

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TitleVest is a customer-focused company and will go the extra mile to make the clients happy. The senior management looks out for employees’ well-being and supports their ambitions and goals. They add value to employees by helping them to develop their skill set and giving them the right tools to do their jobs. The company provides a comfortable work environment, regular meetings with market and company updates, group activities, social events, fruit available at all times, and casual dress code. The senior management has an open door policy, they welcome feedback and will do their best to assist you. Personally, I am very happy with the management and the development of TitleVest. I truly feel that I received amazing support over the years and have been able to grow with this company.

Cons

The daily workload is unpredictable and stressful at times. It is important to maintain a healthy balanced lifestyle to keep your positive energy.

Advice to Management

More one on one or small group communication between managers and teams.

3. White collar sweatshop with a glossy vaneer

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

The every-day people are really great. Youthful, casual atmosphere and while the workload may vary from almost none to highly intensive, the friends you make and keep are what made my stay here worthwhile. Casual dress code, managers are generally low stress and available to help. Fresh fruit, occasional beer cart, and even less occasional events (~once every three months)

Cons

The pay is very low, this is the problem for most people and what causes the very high turnover rate. There is also very little growth opportunity. The executive team and a few of the more seasoned managers probably make a really decent salary. Everyone else lives on 35k a year, fighting a losing uphill battle to lock down a raise in the near future. They spend a lot of resources and effort making for a pleasant and casual work environment which is nice for the day-to-day but they do this to keep people happy while keeping them poor. The CEO has some demonic super power to be the most charming, pleasant, and downright disarming person you will ever encounter. I'm serious, the guy could become President on his warm smile, hand gestures, and engaging attitude alone, it's freaky. However, he will not hesitate to use this witchcraft to, again, keep you poor. There seems to be a disconnect between the upper echelon of executives and managers and the day to day churn. This is a good job to start right out of college if only to learn what it's like to work in a casual office environment that would maybe prepare you better than jumping head first into the corporate maelstrom. You learn a lot about etiquette and responsibility without too much stress and formality to freak you out or stress you out. But make sure to take what you can learn from it and get outta there before you get too comfortable and find some way to live in the bottom 25% of revenue earners.

Advice to Management

Salespeople bring in the money, we get it, they get some slack. It would be nice, however, if the simple folk that make the wheels turn would get some love once in a while too.

Becoming A Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TitleVest is really making an effort to be a great place to work. They are very flexible with their employees and are open to remote working, which can be very helpful. They have started putting together group activities and social functions. The upper management really seems to take an interest in the happiness and wellbeing of their employees and supports them in pursuing their goals, whether it be at TitleVest or outside of TitleVest. Personally, I am extremely grateful for their flexibility and support- it's allowed me to pursue other interests I wouldn't be able to otherwise and have a fuller life outside of my work there.

Cons

Like with any job, there are little things that can be frustrating on a day-to-day basis, but as a whole there aren't too many cons. Most of the issues are department specific or are older issues that are still being figured out. Things seem to be improving since the merger with First American, as a whole; the only thing I don't love is the new health insurance plan compared to the old, but for some people it did turn out to be a better plan.

Advice to Management

I like that the management has taken a more active interest in improving the employee experience. The only advice I have is to keep communicating with the employees- it's been good for the most part lately, but I think when communication is down, people get frustrated.

Upward Trajectory

I have been working at TitleVest full-time

Pros

I've worked at Titlevest for a few years now and the overall culture and growth of the company has been on an upward spiral. Everyone is very nice and easy to work with. Management has implemented events and other team building activities to enhance the social culture. With the change in management there is undeniable optimism in air. A lot of the tension that existed under previous management has started to dissipate, however I still recognize that some of the policies of previous management were responsible for making the company the success it is today. In addition to making sure the company maintains its reputation of stellar customer service that it is known for, the management team goes above and beyond to show their appreciation. With the new Titlevest / First American career growth is now maximized.

Cons

More industry education for newer employees.

Advice to Management

Classes have implemented, however they should be continuous.

Awesome Place

Current Employee - Reader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Reader in New York, NY

Pros

Management makes you feel appreciated and valued. Total support for your personal life flows from the top management down and results in an amazing place to work.

Cons

The Company does not honor all legal holidays - only the major ones.

Advice to Management

Keep the outstanding "open door policy" growing...

8. Good first job out of college

I worked at TitleVest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work load was always manageable and the people are great.

Cons

Not a lot of room for vertical movement within the company.

9. You are a minion here. Go look for a job elsewhere.

Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The one and only perk about this job is that they give you free fruit. Read the other reviews on this website and I assure you, you will not find another benefit.

Cons

Senior management will keep you on board for as long as they need you to push the papers for them. The insane high turnover speaks for itself, the staff will either leave or be fired from their job. I have seen many people come and go during the time that I worked for TitleVest. Many of the upper management members have moved onto other opportunities, if this doesn't ring any alarm bells in your mind then I don't know what will. The upper management do not care about you, you are a minion to them. You are expendable and do not forget that!

Advice to Management

You are all under the control of the CEO, who never speaks a word to anybody when he decides to visit the office.

Only take the job if you have no other options

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Lots of great people working here, super friendly. Only positive thing about the company.

Cons

You're just a machine to upper management. They'll keep you as long as they can, paying you as little as they can, until they decide that they don't need you anymore.

Advice to Management

If you invested in people, you probably wouldn't have such a high turnover rate. Although you probably don't care.

I Honestly Couldn't Have Asked To Work For A Better Company. A++ Experience!

Current Employee - Recording Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recording Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay so I want to be the one who finally dispels all these absurd myths and false statements that other previous employees have so ignorantly shared publicly here on Glassdoor... 1. Yes there is free fruit and it is fresh (they order from Fresh Direct). 2. There is an unusually relaxed dress code. As a matter of fact, you may come into work wearing a t-shirt and jeans except on days when you must look presentable for important clients (which is completely fair and understandable). 3. I have seen a ton of reviews criticizing TV for paying very little. Yes, my salary was 35k a year and that is low when taking the standard of living in NY into account, but tell me, what starting salary will you find in this field (or most business fields for that matter) that is exorbitantly higher than this? Do I really need to remind you that our economy is still in the process of recovery? 4. There are a lot of negative reviews regarding management. These accusations couldn't be farther from the truth! Everything is run in tip-top shape, each department runs a tight ship and makes sure that everyone stays on top of their work and doesn't let a single thing slip through the cracks. HR, Admin, and Executives make time for you as soon as they humanly can. 5. Yes, a lot of employees who work for TV are young (in their early 20s and 30s) but that does NOT mean they are not qualified for their positions. Everyone working for TV is super smart, friendly, fun, polite, and conscientious. All my co-workers rocked and I was very proud to be sharing the same common work space as them. In fact, the people there made me want to go to work because that's how awesome they are. 6. Yes, the turnover rate is high, but it's not because everyone hates their job...it's because the company has given them the skills they need to succeed in another field or because they decided they want to live elsewhere. 7. There have been several food gatherings and fun company events that I have made feel welcome to since day 1. All of them are amazing and you'll never go hungry when pizza, pasta, salad, sandwiches, dessert etc. are readily available for your consumption pleasure :) 8. Yes, the the work is tedious and robotic, but honestly the title insurance industry (or any insurance industry for that matter) deals with a heavy amount of paperwork and accounting so that is something to take into consideration. You are handling important and time sensitive documents that help the company succeed at what they do best. They were voted #1 title agency for 2013 & 2014 so that says a lot about their overall work ethic and standards! 9. It's on Wall Street. You literally walk right off the subway to enter the building. The area has a lot of food options albeit on the expensive side but come on...what area in Manhattan is known to have food bargains for a mile plus radius? 10. From day one I was trained excellently by a young guy named Eric. He explained everything with great care, patience, and confidence. I felt that I was in perfect hands and I really liked that I started working hard from day 1. In summary, you must understand that every business in America has to ensure that they are doing their best to earn a profit continuously by any means necessary. That's why they call it a business. They calculate their pay, schedule work hours, issue bonuses & pay raises completely objectively, and not because they foster nepotism, favoritism, or are prejudice against anyone because of who they are. No joke, they are by far one of the most diverse organizations I've seen, let alone on Wall Street. I am not ashamed to say it, but I was terminated. I am grateful for the time I had with TV and have no regrets. I wish them continued success and would definitely recommend anyone looking for a job to work for them. A big thank you to Brian Tormey, Jacqueline Gold, and Laudy Rodriguez for giving me a chance.

Cons

It's not a con, more of a reality check. This is a top title company. Realize that there will be an intense workload. You will experience stress just as you would at any other 9-5 position. The great equalizer is the rapport you have with your co-workers.

RSS Feed </> Embed