Toastmasters International

Add Photos

Pat Johnson

What a great organization

Member Since 2006 (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsA great way to practice your presentation skills. I highly recommend Toastmasters if you have a fear of speaking, or if you want to develop your speaking and presentation skills.

ConsDepending on your club, you might not have access to technologies that would be helpful if you are speaking in a corporate environment, like Power Point.

Advice to Senior ManagementYay.

Great Organization, but employees are extremely unappreciated

Member Services Representative (Current Employee) Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

ProsFantastic pay, great members who are kind and just want your help.

ConsSupervisors are always busy in meetings, so no one is ever available to assist you. You are expected to be extremely fake and cheerful. You have no face to face contact with members, but must look like you are dreaming of rainbows and glitter even when working on a difficult task.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe there for your team, not just criticize everything. If you're never around, how do you know what the issues are?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearning not only speech and presentation skills, but also leadership skills

ConsRequire some extra time of your busy schedule, but it is time well spent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was active in Toastmasters for two years

Area Governor (Former Employee) West Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt is an opportunity to develop public speaking and leadership skills

ConsSome clubs and leaders place too much emphasis on meeting "club goals" and competing, diminishing the opportunities for personal improvement that most people seek when they join Toastmasters.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Unprofessional Organisation

Member Services Representative (Former Employee) Johannesburg (South Africa)

ProsIt is easy they are all self congratulators hence imrovement is slow or even backwards

ConsAmateurish throughout - only as good as other members who are often simply useless

Advice to Senior ManagementReview whole organisation from top to bottom - outdated too much 'preaching' not enough personal improvement

Toastmasters offers a great platform for people to practice their Public Speaking skills. It is a peer to peer learning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities to speak, and try out new speaking techniques. Feedback is given by other members. Members generally help each other through encouraging them through praise.

ConsFeedback received is an amateur opinion, and is limited to the level of the evaluator. People also get complacent after they have overcome the fear of Public Speaking. Members then tend to stagnate.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing an American Organization, there is too much of treading carefully in giving feedback. Many members do not get the critical feedback they require, because of this fact.

Best Educational program about communication and leadership

President (Current Employee) Faro (Portugal)

ProsPeople, Values, Mission! Probably the best way to improve your public speaking skills in such different environments!

ConsSince it has its own strict international by-laws, the program has to be adapted to the country that is being applying, well is not a con, only a bit of bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep improving people's lives!

Listen to your voice, and you'll know that Toastmasters tune yourself to your own happiness.

ProsBridging the gap between you and others; Leadership; Hone your presentation/speech skills; etc

ConsSometimes you don't know how much time pass while you're into the Toastmasters spirit:)

Advice to Senior Management??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Worked for Toastmasters International? Contribute to the Community!