Tocquigny Reviews

Yvonne Tocquigny

Lots of learning opportunities

Current Employee - Copywriter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

They have a lot of work to get done at once.

Cons

Once you're out of work to do, it gets a little slow.

More high fives. Also, let creativity flow out of every single outlet you have.

Amazing experience for any young professional.

Former Employee - Media Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Media Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Tocquigny does a great job of developing any talent that comes though the door. I started out at Tocquigny as an intern on the media team and ended up staying with the company for over two years. The management team is especially very good at further developing young talent and it is clear to see that the initiative comes all the way from the CEO, Yvonne. The culture is very relaxed and collaborative. Agency-wide communication is strong across media, client service, and creative teams. They company was very flexible with my school schedule while I was an intern and moved me to a contractor once I proved my worth. The company was always on top of industry trends. It was fun to watch the company shift with the constant changes in the digital industry.

Cons

It is a small company so the agency can run lean at times. This wasn't always the case though.

Keep developing young talent. Make contractors part-time employees if possible so they can receive benefits. Keep up Free Beer Friday.

Great Stepping Stone for Career

Former Employee - Executive Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people are smart, hard working and believe in innovation. My drive was immediately noticed during my interview and I appreciated the encouragement. Beyond innovation, the team appreciates design and creativity. Moreover, this was a great place to experience agency culture while working with smart, talented people - most of whom I've watched move onward to very successful careers. You have to get your start somewhere and Tocquigny is as good as any place. Plus, they have a great SxSWi party with a beautiful work environment.

Cons

Takes some time to get to know the teams and the company goals. Entry level pay is low.

Keep up the great work - it's a constant challenge.

Best internship I could have asked for!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Tocquigny was the most rewarding internship. I couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. As an intern at Tocquigny you will be treated like an employee working directly with the client. If you want to just put an internship on your resume, than Tocquigny is not the place for you. I worked on allocating the budget, going to meetings with the clients, and creating tangible products. This internship was the best experience. I couldn't be more grateful for what Tocquigny has taught me, this internship taught me more than any of my past three internships I have done combined. I wish I didn't have to leave this internship. I will defiantly be applying when there is a job opening available .

Cons

The miscommunication between employees. There was always a blame game if something went wrong.

Communication between employees and telling the employees to accept the responsibility of fixing the problem addressed rather than blaming another employee.

A Great Place to Get Your Feet Wet

Former Employee - Copywriter Intern in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Copywriter Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern you are working on real project for real clients. It's not necessarily sink or swim but they do throw you into the water quickly. This may not be for everyone but it definitely benefited me greatly. No two days were alike so I felt like I was learning something new every day. Everyone was willing to give advice or help if you needed it. The entire company has a family atmosphere. This rings especially true during company outings or events. The CEO is approachable and speaks to you as an equal. Although my time there was short I really enjoyed everything I got out of it.

Cons

The clients aren't the most exciting in the world. You will occasionally have to be proactive to find something to do. That's not really a con but just a heads up to future interns.

Your internship program is wonderful and your office culture is amazing. Please keep it up.

Had Fun!

Former Employee - Creative Director in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Creative Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Tocquigny has a track record of hiring very bright and talented people. It was a pleasure to work with them. I thought they paid very well, which is good.

Cons

Like any agency, you deal with demanding clients. You have to be able to deal with that kind of pressure with a sense of humor and grace.

Have regular off-site gathering outside of the office. Celebrate your success. Make sure the creative director has real people skills in addition to talent.

Opportunities for personal and professional growth

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tocquigny was a fast pace, roll-up-your sleeves and make something great environment. It was structured in a way to reward effort and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit. I felt empowered to leave an impact...and did. Yvonne is an Incredibly sharp leader who demands excellence...and gets it.

Cons

It's pretty hard for me to negatively describe my experience at Tocquigny. But, because it's a requirement, I would say the avenues for upward mobility weren't entirely clear.

I am very excited to see what comes from Tocquigny in the future!

An amazing, really supportive place to work

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are really hard-working here, but dedicated and friendly too. It's got the quintessential Austin vibe. It's a really great place to start one's career in creative. I can't speak to the other departments, but they seemed to be doing really well too. And free delicious snacks all of the time. Yvonne is incredibly hard-working, and cared a lot about how I was doing.

Cons

There was one disagreement between two junior people who sat near me that eventually became an issue for them.

Good company to work for but won't have anything to show for it

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time

Pros

A good size with a good sense of family amongst employees.
    Ability to rise quickly if you take the initiative.

Cons

Types of clients and work aren't creatively challenging. Stuck getting boring clients up to speed on digital and social media.
    Small company means not as much opportunity to rise up and gain more challenging experience.

Good people, too much turnover

Former Employee - Creative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Creative in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (more than an year)

Pros

From the day I started, I was directly involved in the creative process. Management seemed to really respect me and my work, and I enjoyed working with the team. Great young people and team players.

Cons

Too much turnover. I wish management would find a way to keep valuable people. A bit too much granular involvement from upper management.

Trust your people to do their best work. Identify your high-performers and give them a path for success.

Tocquigny Response

Apr 5, 2014President

Hi thank you for this feedback. It is SO important for us to have great people and I agree that turnover has been higher than it should be. In the fall of 2013 Yvonne and the senior management team ... More