Tocquigny

Tocquigny Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Yvonne Tocquigny

Had Fun!

Creative Director (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsTocquigny has a track record of hiring very bright and talented people. It was a pleasure to work with them. I thought they paid very well, which is good.

ConsLike any agency, you deal with demanding clients. You have to be able to deal with that kind of pressure with a sense of humor and grace.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave regular off-site gathering outside of the office. Celebrate your success. Make sure the creative director has real people skills in addition to talent.

Opportunities for personal and professional growth

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsTocquigny was a fast pace, roll-up-your sleeves and make something great environment. It was structured in a way to reward effort and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit. I felt empowered to leave an impact...and did. Yvonne is an Incredibly sharp leader who demands excellence...and gets it.

ConsIt's pretty hard for me to negatively describe my experience at Tocquigny. But, because it's a requirement, I would say the avenues for upward mobility weren't entirely clear.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very excited to see what comes from Tocquigny in the future!

Good company to work for but won't have anything to show for it

Account Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsA good size with a good sense of family amongst employees.
    Ability to rise quickly if you take the initiative.

ConsTypes of clients and work aren't creatively challenging. Stuck getting boring clients up to speed on digital and social media.
    Small company means not as much opportunity to rise up and gain more challenging experience.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An amazing, really supportive place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are really hard-working here, but dedicated and friendly too. It's got the quintessential Austin vibe. It's a really great place to start one's career in creative. I can't speak to the other departments, but they seemed to be doing really well too. And free delicious snacks all of the time. Yvonne is incredibly hard-working, and cared a lot about how I was doing.

ConsThere was one disagreement between two junior people who sat near me that eventually became an issue for them.

Good people, too much turnover

Creative (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsFrom the day I started, I was directly involved in the creative process. Management seemed to really respect me and my work, and I enjoyed working with the team. Great young people and team players.

ConsToo much turnover. I wish management would find a way to keep valuable people. A bit too much granular involvement from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people to do their best work. Identify your high-performers and give them a path for success.

Flag Review
    Tocquigny President responded to this review Apr 5, 2014 EditDelete
    Hi thank you for this feedback. It is SO important for us to have great people and I agree that turnover has been higher than it should be. In the fall of 2013 Yvonne and the senior management team ... More

Tocquigny is a very welcoming and friendly agency. The environment is professional, yet happy-go-lucky and comfortable.

Creative Intern (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsTheir intern program is among the best I've ever experienced. It provides real client engagement and agency work. The CEO makes time for anyone and everyone. The environment at the office is friendly, fun and relaxing. Every Friday the office has a get together during which employees drink and play games.

ConsNot enough interaction among the different departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keepin' on

Great place to work

(Current Employee)

ProsI feel very lucky that I get to work with with smart, happy, energetic people who work hard for each other and hard for their clients every day. The culture is young and growing in the right direction. The company allows for a great work-life balance, as they value their people and respect their lives in and outside of the office.

The fact that we are small and nimble and can each wear multiple hats daily and with grace is a testament to the talented folks that make up our Tocquigny family. Most importantly, everyone is genuinely dedicated to creating great work that delights the clients and yields great results.

ConsBecause we are a small shop, we don't have huge departments of people able to take on multiple projects at the drop of a hat - we are each busy daily (which is not a bad thing). This means that sharing resources at times can be tricky. We must continue to work smarter and more efficiently in efforts to continue delivering quality work that's on time and exceeds clients expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working hard on guiding the company in the right direction. Keep your your people happy and continue making Tocquigny a great place to work, grow and be challenged.

Working-parent friendly

ProsTocquigny has evolved into an exceptional environment for working parents. From excellent benefits to flexible work schedules, it truly is a place that values and allows for work-life balance.
    Accountability is key, however there is quite a bit of flexibility and understanding when it comes to the inevitable school closings, sick days and other reasons for having to be out of the office at various times. As the current staff "grows up," I've witnessed a softening of attitudes when it comes to acceptance of the challenges that come with being a full-time working parent.
    Having to be away from your children is difficult and you want to feel that the place you choose to work is worth that sacrifice. Tocquigny offers a diverse and growing roster of clients that keeps you challenged and engaged. Ultimately, its the people and culture that make the difference.

ConsAs with any agency, there are challenges and improvements to be made. Specifically, clear definition of policies and benefits explanation in a centralized location like the employee handbook, would be beneficial.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue pushing for and setting goals towards the further improvement of employee retention and process.

Tocquigny upholds integrity in the wake of transformation.

(Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsIn spite of my time with Tocquigny, I have seen the agency relocate to a new office space, roll out new branding, develop relationships with new clients, and make changes to the structure of its leadership team. I have been delighted by the team's resilience, following these transitions.

The company's response to internal change is indicative of its ability to adapt to the transformative nature of our industry. They are resilient. Our world of work is constantly evolving. Tocquigny responds energetically and creatively.

The team is enthusiastic about their work and relationships. No job is too big or too small. I like to compare the agency to the city of Austin itself. The amenities of a big city, with a small town feel.

The culture is relaxed, the people are friendly, and we have lots of perks. We balance beer and breakfast tacos with our personal trainer. The Tocquigny team spends time getting to know their clients and one another. The culture allows employees to engage in the things that make a job feel not all that much like work.

ConsWorking at an agency with less than fifty employees means wearing a few different hats. I don't necessarily see that as a con. Rather, an opportunity to develop new skills by working outside of my own job description.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing the good work. Stay committed to innovation, relevance, creativity, and culture.

Hot Mess.

(Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsIf you are able to sift through the political sludge and undermining supervisors, there might be some great people to work with. However, the average tenure is about 6 - 8 months, so you might not work with them long.

Great place for interns to start.
    Free taco once a week.
    One free beer every week.

ConsYes, the stories are true about this place. Starting at the top, trouble in supervisor paradise. They can't seem to get a great management team together. Tocquigny cycles through the leaders as much as other employees. Many employee heads hang down to steer clear of the next management meltdown.

Feel horrible for the creative team as it seems to be in the most trouble. Never gaining the respect they deserve internally. Often looked at as a second thought. Note for new creative team employees......They are starting to outsource the creative more often. So, if you want to build a better book, I'd look elsewhere.

The new office is a reflection on the company. Lipstick and mascara. And done half-baked. It's not really an inspiring environment. Being in a business park on the outskirts of the city isn't ideal for a great creative environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the doors.

Flag Review
    Tocquigny President responded to this review Mar 10, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry your tenure with Tocquigny was not, in the end, a positive experience for you. I have a different perspective on what's occurring here: our creative work in ... More

Worked for Tocquigny? Contribute to the Community!

Tocquigny Videos

Tocquigny – Why Work for Us?

At Tocquigny, the golden rule rules. We treat our employees like we want to be treated – with trust and respect. Every day, we push to create groundbreaking work in an inspirational environment that fosters creativity… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tocquigny reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tocquigny CEO Yvonne Tocquigny. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Tocquigny employees.