Todays Growth Consultant

Updated February 9, 2015
Updated February 9, 2015
4.2

CEO

TGC is a busy, fast paced environment operating in the digital marketing space.

I worked at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible. The work from home environment and/or flexible schedule allows you to take ownership of your time and work when needed. Since getting the job done is the goal, the flexibility is there as long as you are doing your job.
    Challenging. In some jobs, you wonder what you should be doing next, or who will notice if you don't do your job. In this situation, there is always something to be done, and an eye toward finding a more efficient way to do it. Not happy with the current process? Come up with a better one!
    Great people. The team is both relaxed and demanding. Casual with their words and interactions, but professionals when it comes to getting things done.

Cons

Completely self directed. If you need to be micromanaged or watched in order to get your work done, this is not the environment for your.
    Customer interaction. Customer interaction is often a must and, as is often the case, the customer must be treated as though they are always right. . . Even when they aren't. Because this is largely a technical organization, many customers do not understand the finer points of what is needed to make things happen. Dealing with non technical customers can often be a challenge.

Might as well work at McDonalds

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant

Pros

Convenience of working from home.

Cons

Possibly the most cruel and most rude owner I have ever met. Does not care about his employees and will fire you without notice on tasks that you were never trained on. Will make you feel like you're able to finish a job but then treats you like garbage with his demands. Will not pay for overtime and will make you work over 20-30 hours without pay, and will fire you on the spot if the job that was never yours isn't completed. Doesn't recognize what struggling with a family is. Ken only cares about his money and fame. He is the most inconsiderate human being on the planet. Do not work for Ken. He is a cheater and an abusive person.

Treat your employees with respect!!!!

Today's Growth Consultant Review- Awesome Place to Work!

Current Employee - Executive SEO and Marketing Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Executive SEO and Marketing Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The culture of Today's Growth is unlike anything I've ever worked in and with before. As long as you can be a self starter, think big and execute; you'll have limitless options for what you can do with this company. The founder, Ken Courtright is one of the brightest and empowering leaders I've had the pleasure of working under. He's good at what he does and leaves the door open for the people who work for him to show off what they bring to the table in all circumstances.

Cons

Some people find it difficult to work in an environment that isn't constantly monitored or instructed. You have to be able to prioritize for yourself and then execute it. If you're not a self driven person, then you will not thrive in this environment.

Better described as a career than a job

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The most prominent pros would have to include: We all work remotely, Flexible work hours, Good wages with incremental raises + bonuses, and a staff that actually cares. There's also nearly always room for advancement. Our company is definitely geared more towards those looking for a career, and not just a job. This also lends itself to less turnover and fine-tuning of policies and practices.

Cons

Working remotely translation: many of us work from home and with a never-ending list of to-do's en queue it can be a bit overwhelming at times. Each team member needs to be a self-motivated person and be able/willing to learn new things at moments notice.

I think our company values are nearly spot-on. I believe with a more rigid compensation scale, our concept will be perfect.

A company culture of growth

Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Chief Operating Officer in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

hard work is rewarded, and appreciation for that work is spoken openly about. The potential for career growth is only limited by your own desires, for someone who has focus and a hard worth ethic. Today's Growth Consultant is a company like few others. Nobody here is just another number.

Cons

Long hours (at least for me), If you're a completionist /workaholic it's often difficult to remember to step away. Sometimes project details are vague in the beginning and require some detailed questions asked of the project managers.

Fantastic, to say the least.

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Minooka, IL
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Minooka, IL

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We all work from home. I have four kids. Where the average father locks eyeballs with each of his kids an average of seven minutes a week, i'm home watching them grow up and truly coaching them and mentoring them through both easy and tough times. I love working from home.

Cons

It's actually the same. Working from home poses challenges. Because i'm home my family often thinks i can drop everything and help them with an urgent situation. It's not that easy.

I'd say that the other managers are well seasoned and understand the ups and downs of running a company while everyone is working from home. It's very challenging and rewarding at the same time. My advice would be to have a few challenges throughout the year centered around the idea of "collaborating from home" a bit more.

Opportunities Are Endless If You Work Hard

Current Employee - CMO in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - CMO in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Look, if you want to work from home and work hard, you can do extremely well for yourself here. The Found, Ken Courtright, cares deeply about his people and his customers. Nothing is perfect, but for me... working at TGC has been an amazing experience.

Cons

So, you have to work HARD. This is a place that values family, spiritual growth, and personal time to refresh... but at the same time, when deadlines are there... they HAVE to be met.

Innovative Business Philosophy and a lot of Room for Development

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This Inc. 5000 company is stable enough to allow for a creative approach to money-making. The company creates manages that generate revenue for its clients, which keeps the account portfolio always variegated enough to make for great challenges. As a Project Manager, you’re always on your feet, constantly liaising with the upper management and the content generation team, and permanently feel like you’re learning and growing. The compensation package is rewarding and the management’s focus on family values keeps the working environment friendly and relaxed. Things never get boring when you coordinate projects for TGC.

Cons

Given the relatively new field in which the company is active, it can sometimes become a challenge to make our clients understand what we need for them, in order to get their investment off the ground. Similarly, the pace at which content needs to be delivered can get hectic. At times, a more transparent workflow and clearer working procedures would come in handy, yet, all in all, things never get too busy to become out of hand.

Thoroughly recommended, as a great place to grow

Current Employee - Content Writer
    Current Employee - Content Writer

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to work from home. The types of projects taken on are diverse enough to keep things interesting and challenging - work never gets boring. If you have a passion for writing, it will be rewarded here. Not only is the financial compensation more than satisfactory, but it also gives writers the opportunity to hone their online skills, which is a very future-proof approach to the writing career. Management is humane, understanding, and places great worth on personal growth and family values.

Cons

Deadlines can get challenging – overall, the atmosphere is personable and relaxed, but when there’s work to do, then the work needs to be done! Client requirements are not always clear from the very beginning, since some don’t fully grasp the way in which the money-making website construction process works. However, in most cases, these issues are resolved early on in the workflow.

Hard to explain to a prospect

I have been working at Todays Growth Consultant

Pros

Management has the expertise to build sites that make money for clients. Reps have independence and flexibility in scheduling their day and deciding how best to approach prospects. Can earn a good living if successful

Cons

Targets audience has a hard time understanding exactly what we're selling. If they listen long enough, they will buy. The challenge is getting their attention long enough for them to see the benefit(s).

rework the website so clients can go there first, then develop marketing materials that drive clients to the site.